New GT4:P owner and new to the community

• Thread starter jizzmirk
  • 10 comments
Snaykinn
Snaykinn
Howdy all,

I've stumbled onto GTPlanet's forums after looking for a translation for GT4:P's option screen. My wife got me the Ceramic White PS2 GT4:P combo for Christmas and I'm slowly but surely inching my way to all golds.

Since I've seen many helpful people on this board, I'd like join this community to see if I can lend a helping hand and to get likewise. I've been a member of the Gran Turismo Forums started by Kenji. A total of 3 years membership with a whopping 34 posts. ;) Most of those were with the old GT2 community when I joined their "All Golds" club.

That's pretty much it from me. I thought I'd introduce myself to you folks and say hi. I also checked out the JB0 "All Golds" thread and I'd like to say thanks to everyone there for the great tips to getting gold. Especially useful to me was a small note to really attack the chicanes on Fuji Speedway. It helped me to finally get gold on the Celica SS-II test.

hello, I've been browsing these forums for a bit, and just recently got prologue as well, so I joined up. Since this seems to be a welcoming thread, i suppose posting here first would be a good idea.

I'm not all that great at GT (more of a fighting game person), but I've managed to finished the school mode and I just got the MTRc car (trying to get all golds).

I have a question about this car... how exactly does it work, having only one gear? Just wondering if this techology might be implemented into consumer cars in the future...

It's called CVT, it's like 2 cone shaped cogs that move over each other, the harder you accelerate the more they move over each other. Thats the best I can describe it at the moment, it's newish but nothing revolutionary.

And welcome to GTP as well.

Originally posted by live4speed
It's called CVT, it's like 2 cone shaped cogs that move over each other, the harder you accelerate the more they move over each other. Thats the best I can describe it at the moment, it's newish but nothing revolutionary.

And welcome to GTP as well.
it´s not really newish.
DAF had a CVT in the early 70´s.

Welcome to GTP both of you. I wish I could get GT4:Prologue but I'm gonna have to wait until whenever GT4 finally comes out. Then I'll have fun getting hammered by everyone on these forums.:( I can probably only beat Exige_Excel!

Welcome to another San Diego member! I'm having trouble with some of the golds too. Have you gotten gold on the 350Z roadster test yet? I need help!

Originally posted by 8400RPM
Welcome to another San Diego member! I'm having trouble with some of the golds too. Have you gotten gold on the 350Z roadster test yet? I need help!

I had trouble with that one, took me a fair few attempts. I got it in the end though and by a fairer margin than I expected too. I'll make a little video of it and post that probably tonight, that should help. First tip is that I think this car is faster if you shift right at the redline, it shouldn't be maxed.

Others that caused me trouble were the Prius test and the SL test, but the SL test only because I'm trying to get everything with the wheel, I'm sure those with DS2s will have much less trouble with it. I'm not quite done yet - still need about 3 normal licences and the coffee breaks, which I've purposely left to the end.

Thanks for the welcome guys. And a welcome to alfaplex as well.

Hey alfa, if you've finished School Mode, then you shouldn't be doubting yourself too much. And I don't know about you, but I got all I've had the "Gold Bug" since GT2. So, ever since, I've NEEDED to get all golds in GT3, GT Concept (the first) and now GT4:P. You might end up the same way. :)

8400RPM, have you ever posted to Kenji's Gran Turismo forums? Your name seems familiar. And yes, I finished/golded the 350Z Roadster test. Luckily I save all my gold replays in case others need help (a habit I picked up from GT2). First off is your goal. You're going to have to pass the lead Z by the 1st hairpin on your second lap. You can drive conservatively on most of the run, but if you take right hander before the Dunlop Tire Arch and the hairpin before the back straight kind of agressively, you should be in good shape. Also, you'll want to manage your throttle on the large radius turn before the start/finish line (3rd gear seemed best for me). Take it how you will, but that's what I did - I realize that not everyone drives the same way.

Thanks for the welcome again.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that. And yes, I've been posting at Kenji's GT site for over a year now and lurked since around '98! It's where I get most of my GT and racing game info.

Back