New GTHD Trailer!

• Thread starter S13KS
  • 51 comments
thx :D i'm not sure if i've seen this one.

yeah, already seen it :P but still very good looking. i would have liked to see some tire deformation, but i guess i expect too much.

From http://ps3.ign.com/articles/751/751831p1.html

"Sony is delivering the ultimate Christmas gift to Japan this year: a free demo of Gran Turismo 5, set for download starting December 24 exclusively via the PlayStation Store. Thanks to Famitsu, we were able to relive our childhoods and get a sneak peak at the gift in advance.

According to the latest issue of the magazine, the demo, titled Gran Turismo HD Concept, will ship with one course and ten cars. The course is the all new Eiger Nordwand, and you'll be able to race it normal and reverse.

The car list has mostly Japanese vehicles, but there are some high profile foreign models in the bunch."

The cars available in the demo include

- Suzuki Cappuccino '95
- Mazda Eunos Roadster '89
- Honda Integra Type R'04
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR'96
- Infinity G35 Coupe
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR'05
- Lotus Elise 111R'04
- Nissan Sky Liner GT-R V Spec II '94
- Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car '95
- Ferrari 599 '06

Looking really really good in motion like that, I notice the Cappuccino has a Carbon fibre bonnet.

Looking good ... here are two magazine scan

Those screenshots are nice!
If the demo has photomode, it is gonna be fantastic :D

From what I read from other site, they said the demo requires you to finish the course within the time limit to unlock the other cars (one by one). The last unlockable car would be the Ferrari 599 I guess. After you have unlocked all the cars, the drift mode will be the next to be unlocked.
From what I see the video above, those cars are modified, items such as wing, rims and CF hood. (Gold rims on R32!!) My guess would be the demo will include some basic modifications, maybe you can adjust them to make your car driftable. Anyhow , I am pretty impressed with the video above.

This is nice and peachy and all but they better have the god damn sound down right this time. Anything else is UNACCEPTABLE. :mad:

After seeing graphics like this, I don't care if the sound is a bit off! Release the hounds!

From what I see the video above, those cars are modified, items such as wing, rims and CF hood. (Gold rims on R32!!) My guess would be the demo will include some basic modifications, maybe you can adjust them to make your car driftable. Anyhow , I am pretty impressed with the video above.

I also just noticed the Euno Roadster/Miata/MX-5 has black or Carbon side and front skirts. Also the Cappucino seems to have a slightly different front bumper or atleast the lower skirt.

First thoughts after seeing the trailer:

Looks just like GT4 with higher-definition cars
Same horrible crappy smoke as GT1-4
Still no tire tracks no matter how fast your tires are spinning
Physics look like they might be slightly improved at some points (Miata drifting about halfway through), but then at others they look the same (Miata coming out of drift near the end).
8 Japanese cars, 1 British, 1 Italian, 0 US. Looks like the bias will continue.

So, I'm glad I haven't bought a PS3 yet, looks like the have a LOT of work to do before GT5. Just upping the polygon count on the cars won't do it for me this time.

Wow I'm pretty impressed with this so far. Is there anyway to get this demo? I heard one way is to create an account on the system with a Japanese location, but it wasn't really a valid source.

I don't know if I'm seeing this right, but it looked like several of the cars had different rear bumpers and front lips. I believe the Yellow Evo had a different front lip, side skirt, and rear bumper. The black Evo had an even more aggressive body kit. Looks very promising.

Wow I'm pretty impressed with this so far. Is there anyway to get this demo? I heard one way is to create an account on the system with a Japanese location, but it wasn't really a valid source.
The demo is going to be released on the PlayStation network on Christmas Eve, and if you have a PS3 you will be able to create a Japanese or Hong Kong account and download it.

-> Looking at that Cappo makes me wanna jump-start of getting excited about GT5, more custom mods compared to GT4! Niceness!!! (:

I made some captures from the video, aren't they awesome? :drool:

Click for full size
WOW! visible rollcage!!
*DOWNLOADING!!!*

EDIT: that was kickass! but no tiremarks and that old ugly smoke is dissapointing..

Same here Vanishing. Though I wish they include some body kits for it, such as the one from Initial D (yes, I know, flame me :P )

Or even this...

ikeda21.jpg
Just looks alot better with a few mods

Finally, no more tinting the windows to where you can't see your driver. But the one moment, albeit insanely brief, that did it for me in thise video was seeing the Celica GT-Four taking an uphill corner, and the suspension actually moving the right front wheel in the way it would actually behave in that situation. It looked...natural, for lack of a better word. That was great!

I agree with Putte_Tutte that there should be some skid marks and some serious tire smoke when you're actually doing something that should be laying waste to your tires. Cars and track look great otherwise.

Azureman-> Well the DID put the Shiegeno Trueno (without the Cibie foglamps, I don't care about the tofu sticker) since GT3. I think when GT5 shows up we can replicate all the cars on InD, with uploadable logos/gif/jpg for stickers on cars (using the next gen Eye-Toy). (:

I'm not too intent on replicating the Initial D cars, just liked the way the Cappuccino looked. And the S.S. Trueno = Takumi's.

I'd rather have engine swaps, so I can stick the Silvertop 20V they put in the S.S. into an MR2, much like mine in real life. That and some paint.

Have to say this demo looks mighty nice, GT5 might yet keep me from going the way of Forza 2 and an XBOX 360. But if they put micro transactions in, I am out of the GT series and off to Forza.

And drifting does look alot better, always annoyed me how GT4 refused to let you keep going in a forward direction if your tires started to spin much.

ZOMG!!1! *craps pants* :drool: :drool: :drool: :boggled: :drool: Wow. Just wow.

If this trailer is any indication (and why wouldn't it be?) GT5 will pwnz0r all. O_o

It's a visual feast, that's for sure, but that's never been a problem with GT. Even GT3 & GT4 looked pretty good; it never suffered from that "plastic" look most other games had (Forza, Enthusia, PGR2). However, others have already mentioned problems that are still endemic: no tire marks and ridiculously lopsided car selection. Then there's the potential issues of AI and physics, which we can't really tell until we actually play the game. How something looks in a trailer is no indication of what the player had intended, and I doubt PD would release a video with poor AI actions.

I'll still buy it, of course. GT has its hooks deep in my brain. It will be the first and primary reason for me to pick up a PS3. :D

others have already mentioned problems that are still endemic: no tire marks and ridiculously lopsided car selection.
You must remember that this is an early demo. Demo, as in, work in progress. It was just a few short weeks ago that GT HD had vague shadows and environment reflections, and shadows from the trackside didn't touch the cars.

Polyphony is going to release these GT HD demos periodically, so you can use them to gauge how well GT5 is coming along. I have to say that after seeing the video, I don't miss any shortcomings! It's just mind bending, what Kaz and the lads are giving away this winter.

I don't know if I'm seeing this right, but it looked like several of the cars had different rear bumpers and front lips. I believe the Yellow Evo had a different front lip, side skirt, and rear bumper. The black Evo had an even more aggressive body kit. Looks very promising.

The ellow evo was a stock evo IX and the black one was a stock evo IV:(

It's a visual feast, that's for sure, but that's never been a problem with GT. Even GT3 & GT4 looked pretty good; it never suffered from that "plastic" look most other games had (Forza, Enthusia, PGR2). However, others have already mentioned problems that are still endemic: no tire marks and ridiculously lopsided car selection. Then there's the potential issues of AI and physics, which we can't really tell until we actually play the game. How something looks in a trailer is no indication of what the player had intended, and I doubt PD would release a video with poor AI actions.

At this point, I'm still considering this to simply be "GT4.5". Yeah, it looks good, but it doesn't look that good. I think they showed it far too early.

Back