Update 1.21 Released

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 1,542 comments

Considering the wait, are you happy with how the finished product appears to look?

• Total voters
Because they can't confirm it. It's trying to sate the masses, it's common PR. If they could confirm it, it would create a new confidence in them as a developer and boost sales. They have no reason to withhold any information unless they're physically incapable of implementing these features at the time of this announcement, which is what it appears like.

And you make this assumption purely on the fact that they didn't come straight out with if this could be done on the PS3? Hell, GTPlanet made this announcement (Not Sony or PD) so technically they haven't even said anything yet.

Because they can't confirm it. It's trying to sate the masses, it's common PR. If they could confirm it, it would create a new confidence in them as a developer and boost sales. They have no reason to withhold any information unless they're physically incapable of implementing these features at the time of this announcement, which is what it appears like.

Why would they willingly reveal such a huge potential flaw in their system? That would be embarrassing, any good that the course maker could have done by being announced would have been immediately undone by revealing this information. People always focus on the bad.
They are releasing the app tomorrow, so we're getting information about the app.

The PS3 update isn't being released tomorrow, so we aren't getting any information about the PS3 update.

I see a great deal of logic in using tablets to do this.
your range of control from pinch to zoom, gestures, tap and hold just can't be met on the PS controller,
then you have the app linked to your PSN account and it automatically uploads and is available on your system. or to easily share with the world.

Good work PD on giving us something.
but there better be gravel!!

So judging by the information so far, every theme has a large area featuring forests, mountains and stuff that are indicated by colour and legend, you can draw any course you want freely within this area and it can be point to point or a circuit, but no longer than 10kms. You can place trackside objects like tents, trees and signs freely along the circuit.

It's a pretty decent step up from GT5.

They are releasing the app tomorrow, so we're getting information about the app.

The PS3 update isn't being released tomorrow, so we aren't getting any information about the PS3 update.
Yes, the Course Maker is one thing, the App is other thing.

I don't see what the confusion here is.

Maintenance = maintenance.
Update = update.

Maintenance might bring an update but maintenance is not an update.
I get this. But you really don't think that this maintenance won't bring the update? It's not 100% certain for sure, but I'm just making a safe assumption.

Here's something I made...

image.png

Item mode:

image.png

I don't see what the confusion here is.

Maintenance = maintenance.
Update = update.

Maintenance might bring an update but maintenance is not an update.

But more maintenance have come with updates than not, particularly so when there has been announced information.

So there is more than likely an update coming.

But more maintenance have come with updates than not, particularly so when there has been announced information.

So there is more than likely an update coming.
That's not what we're saying.

We're saying that just because there's maintenance tomorrow, doesn't mean there's an update tomorrow.

Back