New Mileage Exchange Update Sees the Return of the Lancer Gr.B Road Car

Omg, someone will LITERALLY ask this every major update. Because they can and because they are cool.

Honestly the only N cars I really have interest in. The 4C, and the Vette are tough but fun to drive, can't wait to feel out the Lancer

Ok, sorry to live...

You mentioned the OZ centerlocks had lugs.

It in fact has 6...pickups trucks have 6 or 8 lugs depending if it is a half ton or 3/4 to 1 ton.

Didn't notice until you mentioned it is all.

Okay I did not know that.

I'm confused because doesn't lugs (let alone 6) defeat the purpose of a centerlock wheel?

Imagine how long it would take off and put the wheel on, and I'm sure it would weigh more than just having lugs or just a centerlock.

I think it is a fantasy wheel(?) by PD and OZ, as I have tried to find it in real life but to no success.

Okay I did not know that.

I'm confused because doesn't lugs (let alone 6) defeat the purpose of a centerlock wheel?

Imagine how long it would take off and put the wheel on, and I'm sure it would weigh more than just having lugs or just a centerlock.

I think it is a fantasy wheel(?) by PD and OZ, as I have tried to find it in real life but to no success.

Yes, centerlock is used in a lot of racing series and is becoming factory equipment on some of the new high performance vehicles.
eg. Porsche has used it on a few production models to date.

You will never see both used at the same time, a PD oversight.

VXR
Some OZ centre locks are purely cosmetic, as can be seen here.

Wow, "center lock look". :odd:

It's strange indeed.

I found this:
http://www.forgeline.com/products/c.../porsche-center-lock/porsche-gt3-cup-car.html

product_photo-xlarge_image-507.jpg

I would have loved to see a Gr.B Citroën DS3 Racing. Would have been good rather than 2 different Fords.

Some interesting content in Mileage Exchange this week too.
Or a Camaro Group B. the stock car is fun in rally mode, but it could definitely benefit from the Group B upgrades and 4wd

Btw can the first M4 Safety Car (in blue) be painted or not? If not, I should grab one from the Mileage Exchange again to get it in different color :D

Believe that they can be Painted, but you'll lose all of the "Safety Car" etc., writing on the Bodywork. You do keep the Rooftop Lights though !! :-)
I tend to get two of each colour, one to keep pristine & original.
The other I intend to keep in the original colour, with the safety Car writing.
But add a few Decals perhaps.

So far, via the Mileage Exchange, I've collected the same Car in White, Red(ish) & a Pale Blue. The current one is a kind of Orange.
I did an Arcade Race with one & the opposition were all in the same car.
So there should also be a Beige (or light gold, if you prefer) coloured one, for all those fans of the 1970's !! LOL

Believe that I've also seen a Silver one somewhere ??? Perhaps in the GTS Opening Credits or in a photo on-line somewhere.

[Edit, to add]

Why bother doing the Lancer in Red again ? Surely they could have done it in a different colour this time around. ? White for example, would like great.

Believe that the only car I've "missed" from the Mileage Exchange was the Blue Chevvy Road Car. But at least I've now got the (recent) Silver one !

Believe that they can be Painted, but you'll lose all of the "Safety Car" etc., writing on the Bodywork. You do keep the Rooftop Lights though !! :-)
I tend to get two of each colour, one to keep pristine & original.
The other I intend to keep in the original colour, with the safety Car writing.
But add a few Decals perhaps.

So far, via the Mileage Exchange, I've collected the same Car in White, Red(ish) & a Pale Blue. The current one is a kind of Orange.
I did an Arcade Race with one & the opposition were all in the same car.
So there should also be a Beige (or light gold, if you prefer) coloured one, for all those fans of the 1970's !! LOL

Believe that I've also seen a Silver one somewhere ??? Perhaps in the GTS Opening Credits or in a photo on-line somewhere.

[Edit, to add]

Why bother doing the Lancer in Red again ? Surely they could have done it in a different colour this time around. ? White for example, would like great.

Believe that the only car I've "missed" from the Mileage Exchange was the Blue Chevvy Road Car. But at least I've now got the (recent) Silver one !
Yes that's correct, they can be painted but will lose the decals. So I will also get one in every color that's available :D

I wasn't talking about cosmetic, just purpose only.

Hence the word used.

I'm well aware they are used in motorsports, but if it has six lugs as well as a centre lock, it's just as close to being a fantasy road wheel as it a fantasy race wheel.

Back