New PlayStation 5 Ad Spot Reveals More Gran Turismo 7 Content

Maybe that Gulf 917K was a placeholder for this Gulf DBR9. :sly:

Well, if this means we get all the GR.3 cars from GTS, that's lots to begin with. Also helps with jumping strait into GT7 FIA events with cars at the ready. PD could just add, possibly, new GR.3/GT3/GT300 cars whenever.

Only PS5 isn't a surprise but it's cool to have a confirmation.

2021 is a good news too. Still hope for first half but it isn't bother me if it's second half.

I thought we already knew that that GTS car list was coming to GT7?
Knew? No - though certainly expected.

I'm wondering how much this is on Sony. It's such an odd choice to edit an already posted video to change wording you could easily argue for the ambiguity of - "anticipated first half of 2021" - to a far more nebulous phrasing... then post up another video with "Coming 2021" in it.

Sony has extremely good cause to push GT7 back too. PS5 demand by far outstrips supply; every PS5 shipped has gone - some were even stolen (allegedly by the couriers) and replaced with catfood and bricks. When the second tranche of consoles starts hitting storefronts, they'll go as well, and that's 10m consoles with nothing really pushing them off shelves.

If it launches before March there'll be an upper limit of people who can buy it (of 10m). We know GT tends to have a market penetration of ~10%, with half of lifetime sales coming in the first couple of weeks, so assuming 100m total consoles in PS5's lifetime that's 5m sales in weeks 1/2... from just 10m PS5 owners.

Worse than that is the fact that GT7 will sell consoles. It will create demand for consoles, which is the very last thing Sony needs right now. People are already angry that they can't get their PS5s, and more demand without more consoles will just make them angrier.

This would all result in a bit of a PR nightmare: not enough people buying the flagship game because they can't get the consoles they want to play it with. Sony naturally would want to avoid that.

Instead they'd want GT7 to launch after the initial demand has waned, to create a second wave of console demand but, crucially, with a new supply of consoles to satisfy it.

To be honest I never expected for them to release GT7 in the first half of next year. Was more of a shock when it first originally appeared in the promo video the other week stating it would be coming the first half of the year.

@Famine hit the nail on the head above, causing even more demand for a console that they can’t keep up the demand for wouldn’t be the best idea. Giving themselves more time to distribute that demand for more stock as well as allow for any potential delays to the games development due to the pandemic seems like a sensible approach, rather than committing to a date so soon.

Hugely excited for the game when it eventually does drop but realistically not expecting it to come out until very late next year. I do wonder if they plan to carry on in the tradition of GT Sport and build more and more content in the form of post-launch patches too.

I'm wondering how much this is on Sony. It's such an odd choice to edit an already posted video to change wording you could easily argue for the ambiguity of - "anticipated first half of 2021" - to a far more nebulous phrasing... then post up another video with "Coming 2021" in it.

Sony has extremely good cause to push GT7 back too. PS5 demand by far outstrips supply; every PS5 shipped has gone - some were even stolen (allegedly by the couriers) and replaced with catfood and bricks. When the second tranche of consoles starts hitting storefronts, they'll go as well, and that's 10m consoles with nothing really pushing them off shelves.

If it launches before March there'll be an upper limit of people who can buy it (of 10m). We know GT tends to have a market penetration of ~10%, with half of lifetime sales coming in the first couple of weeks, so assuming 100m total consoles in PS5's lifetime that's 5m sales in weeks 1/2... from just 10m PS5 owners.

Worse than that is the fact that GT7 will sell consoles. It will create demand for consoles, which is the very last thing Sony needs right now. People are already angry that they can't get their PS5s, and more demand without more consoles will just make them angrier.

This would all result in a bit of a PR nightmare: not enough people buying the flagship game because they can't get the consoles they want to play it with. Sony naturally would want to avoid that.

Instead they'd want GT7 to launch after the initial demand has waned, to create a second wave of console demand but, crucially, with a new supply of consoles to satisfy it.

This makes sense, Sony are better off holding back GT7 till the end of 2021, they're expecting to sell 7.6 million units by the end of the UK fiscal year (April) at the very. Gran Turismo has always been a unit-seller, so it makes absolutely no sense to release it while the demand is drastically higher than the supply to the point that units don't even reach the shop floor.

Based on the expected 7.6 million units to be sold by April, they're better off holding it back till next xmas and let the "L33T" fanboys get bent out of shape because they think a product is made solely for their own personal needs.

Personally, based on demand vs supply & expected sales, I'd hold it back till 2022.

Last edited:
Well i guess this is an early build because the leader light system is glitched.I thought the GT7 trailer was just gtsport with a texture update but it seems to be a separate dev build.
gt7-ps5-adspot-20201208-001-768x432.png

There should be two lights on the porsche like this :

images

Game looks great tho but it's weird to live in an age where no massive graphics jump happens anymore,i remember the jump from gt2 to gt3,mindblowing stuff.

Last edited:
Frick, I thought I would see some new cars or something.

Though I'll say one thing, those clips are convincing me more that PD is most likely going to bring every Gr.3 car over to GT7 from GTS. Probably to continue focus on the Sport mode.

Well i guess this is an early build because the leader light system is bugged out.I thought the GT7 trailer was just gtsport with texture update but it seems to be a separate dev build.
gt7-ps5-adspot-20201208-001-768x432.png

There should be two lights on the porsche like this :

Game looks great tho but it's weird to live in an age where no massive graphics jump happens anymore,i remember the jump from gt2 to gt3,mindblowing stuff.
demon souls remake comparing to sekiro, dark souls 3 or bloodborne looks laughable better so it not weird age, its polyphony ;)

Last edited:

That’s actually a very good theory for a delay, it makes total sense. Kaz is probably sweating a few less bullets now knowing an official delay won’t anger Sony exec’s.

Last edited:
That’s actually a very good theory for a delay, it makes total sense. Kaz is probably sweating a few less bullets now knowing an official delay won’t anger Sony exec’s.
Given that Kaz is one of the Corporate Executives of Sony Computer Entertainment, I don't think he'd sweat much regardless.

snc
demon souls remake comparing to sekiro, dark souls 3 or bloodborne looks laughable better so it not weird age, its polyphony ;)

Demon's Souls is a early PS3 game that was never a technical powerhouse even back in the ps3 days.Sekiro,Dark Souls and Bloodborne wereade by From Software while the Demon Souls remake was made by Bluepoint,can't just throw comparisons of the remake with those other games

Last edited:
Demon's Souls is a early PS3 game that was never a technical powerhouse even back in the ps3 days.Sekiro,Dark Souls and Bloodborne wereade by From Software while the Demon Souls remake was made by Bluepoint,can't just throw comparisons of the remake with those other games
I dind't compare with original on ps3. Why I can't compare remake of predecessor of these games with main difference that it now run on ps5 and not on ps4? yes bluepoint is not from software but demon souls remake was made with colaboration wit sony japan studio that also helped with bloodborne. I think comparison is valid and difference is huge and also don't belive that demonn souls r on ps4 made by bluepoint would looks similar as on ps5, gt7 looks very similar to gt sport

Last edited:
Only PS5 isn't a surprise but it's cool to have a confirmation.

2021 is a good news too. Still hope for first half but it isn't bother me if it's second half.
That's good and bad at the same time.
Good because it allows Polyphony to take full advantage of the PS5 and bad because it's the first time Polyphony has skipped 1 GT per console cycle.
Actually 2, since GTSport is not a proper GT game.

snc
Nonsense: comparing Demon's Souls graphics with Dark Souls 3, and porting that idea with Gran Turismo 7 it's just simply too farfetched.. Comparing Gran Turismo Sport with the 7th is something like comparing Spiderman on PS4 with Spiderman Remastered on PS5. Ah, keep in mind that it's still on development! Criticising its visual when a game, where we don't even know at what stage of development is at, it's unfair.
Bottom line, wait 'till more images show up, and not rejected images from mid 2020. Although the car painting being reflected on the tarmac looks marvelously impressive...

That's good and bad at the same time.
Good because it allows Polyphony to take full advantage of the PS5 and bad because it's the first time Polyphony has skipped 1 GT per console cycle.
Actually 2, since GTSport is not a proper GT game.
I don't know... I think that, considering you straight up lied about GT Sport twice and bailed when called on it, on balance your opinion of the game is one that can be rejected out of hand.

Nonsense: comparing Demon's Souls graphics with Dark Souls 3, and porting that idea with Gran Turismo 7 it's just simply too farfetched.. Comparing Gran Turismo Sport with the 7th is something like comparing Spiderman on PS4 with Spiderman Remastered on PS5. Ah, keep in mind that it's still on development! Criticising its visual when a game, where we don't even know at what stage of development is at, it's unfair.
Bottom line, wait 'till more images show up, and not rejected images from mid 2020. Although the car painting being reflected on the tarmac looks marvelously impressive...

I have no doubts gt7 will look fantastic the thought of full raytracing and dynamic time of day itself is already a big jump.
Maybe graphical updates will become easier to do so PD can keep updating one game instead of pumping out gt8 and etc to show major improvements.

Last edited:
I have no doubts gt7 will look fantastic the thought of full raytracing and dynamic time of day itself is already a big jump.
Maybe graphical updates will become easier to do so PD can keep updating one game instead of pumping out gt8 and etc to show major improvements.
Same thoughts...
Also do you remember people saying that Gran Turismo Sport looked like Gran Turismo 6? Pretty ol' times, I was 13 years old when I first saw a comment like that, I would've loved to see his face when Gran Turismo Sport released back in 2017 with so much improvements on a span of only 1 year :lol:

don't agree that is nonsense but lets be spiderman miles morales on ps5 vs spiderman on ps4, it's crossgen but difference in fidelity mode(to be honest game looks great in this mode) is much more profound than apparently not crossgen gt7 vs gt sport

Last edited:
snc
don't agree that is nonsense but lets be spiderman miles morales on ps5 vs spiderman on ps4, it's crossgen but difference in fidelity mode(to be honest game looks great in this mode) is much more profound than apparently not crossgen gt7 vs gt sport
Who cares if it's crossgen or not lol, that means that no developer can make a new game from the roots of its predecessor? That's the most likely situation for Gran Turismo 7, being developed from Gran Turismo Sport, hell, Gran Turismo Sport is just a prologue from the 7, since before its announcement, everyone, even Polyphony itself, said that their new game would be Gran Turismo 7. And do i have to remind you again that we aren't seeing the final product? Why jumping out to conclusions so quickly when we have a game that's gonna be released probably next year? In spite of that, I can agree that Spiderman Miles Morales on PS5 and on PS4 really has differences, but then again, those game are released, Gran Turismo 7 isn't.

Who cares if it's crossgen or not lol, that means that no developer can make a new game from the roots of its predecessor? That's the most likely situation for Gran Turismo 7, being developed from Gran Turismo Sport, hell, Gran Turismo Sport is just a prologue from the 7, since before its announcement, everyone, even Polyphony itself, said that their new game would be Gran Turismo 7. And do i have to remind you again that we aren't seeing the final product? Why jumping out to conclusions so quickly when we have a game that's gonna be released probably next year? In spite of that, I can agree that Spiderman Miles Morales on PS5 and on PS4 really has differences, but then again, those game are released, Gran Turismo 7 isn't.
So, considering there literally was a GT4 Prologue before GT4, and also a GT5 Prologue before GT5, why isn't GT Sport 'just' called GT7 Prologue?

So, considering there literally was a GT4 Prologue before GT4, and also a GT5 Prologue before GT5, why isn't GT Sport 'just' called GT7 Prologue?
Because they felt like it? why would Polyphony say "We're working on GT7." back in 2014, and then announce Gran Turismo Sport instead of the oh-so-longed-for "Gran Turismo 7", can you explain it to me that? I still think that Gran Turismo Sport was something, an idea of what was to come to the future of the series, to keep developing the real Gran Turismo 7 on the shadows, and no one can change my opinion.

Hmm, I think, had the FIA not approached PD and convinced them to get into esports in the first place, it would've been called GT7 Prologue, then. But that's just me. -shrug-

Hmm, I think, had the FIA not approached PD and convinced them to get into esports in the first place, it would've been called GT7 Prologue, then. But that's just me. -shrug-
That was only 6 months after GT6 release.

Because they felt like it? why would Polyphony say "We're working on GT7." back in 2014, and then announce Gran Turismo Sport instead of the oh-so-longed-for "Gran Turismo 7", can you explain it to me that? I still think that Gran Turismo Sport was something, an idea of what was to come to the future of the series, to keep developing the real Gran Turismo 7 on the shadows, and no one can change my opinion.
Because following your established numerical order while 'naming' your next future project in an interview, just as your latest game is being released, would seem quite logical and natural?
And they didn't announced GT Sport 'instead' of GT7. It's the same game.
It was named after Sport Mode.

"GT Sport is a regular title of the GT Series."
"For me, Gran Turismo Sport is Gran Turismo 7."
" ... you can consider it as ”Gran Turismo 7“
" ... maybe “Gran Turismo 7 Sport”
" ... marks the beginning of a new generation or era"
"We want a change! Let’s burn it to the ground.”

It's as much of a prologue as it is a demo or Beta, which also seems a fashionable claim here.
It's clearly too big to be a demo.
It literally had a closed Beta 6 months before release.
And the game has been out 3 years, the next release is on a new generation console, and they had precedent to call it a 'Prologue' if that is what it is.
Clearly it isn't.

It's a little similar to the way people try to connect GT7 with the PS4.
Unless I've missed something over the last 6 months, there hasn't been any link to the PS4 at all.
All videos it's shown in are for 'PS5', any 'event' it's shown in is for PS5, and the PlayStation Blog and website have always only referred to the PS5.

Last edited:
Back