New Project CARS 3 Clip Confirms Laguna Seca Return, With New 2019 IndyCar

I’ll probably get it but it’ll depend on what both SMS and PD unveil until Aug 28th. I don’t like Ian Bell but at least you know what to expect. It won’t try to be a full sim. It’ll be a compromise like GT and Forza which is totally fine. The Madness Engine still looking good at least on PC at Ultra ;)

Last edited:
Now I further realize how much of a risk they are taking with this game. Looks like pc1 and 2 graphics wise, but with a dumbed down tyre model which definitely looks more arcade in this video.

I don't udnerstand why they didn't make pc3 on the new gen consoles with totally stunning graphics and improving on pc2 tyre physics legacy. I don't, get it.

I don't udnerstand why they didn't make pc3 on the new gen consoles with totally stunning graphics and improving on pc2 tyre physics legacy. I don't, get it.
More work to flex next-gen visuals, more development time, more time before they can collect revenue to pay the bills (next gen won't be here yet in August), and a MUCH smaller install base on Playstation (Xbox is a different story), which was the largest market for PCARS2 as I recall.

We're going on three years since PCARS2. I think the next gen is simply a bit tardy for PCARS3 to have been a next-gen game, coming from a smaller studio that doesn't exactly have a rock solid footing in the market.

YES YES YES YES!!! This is what I have been waiting for, seemingly for years now! Finally the proper IndyCar chassis in Project Cars. I love racing at Indy, Road America, Watkins Glen, and Long Beach. Wish they would add some short ovals like Iowa and Gateway, or maybe a Mid-Ohio or St Petersburg. All in all, I can not wait for this to come out!!!

The video has more dislikes than likes already.

Most of the top comments are from people begging for pitstops - tyre/fuel wear.

It makes no difference to me but, Christ, take a hint already SMS.

The problem is SMS seems to have built the whole game around there being no pitstops. It was a decision made early on in development. Too late to change now, if at all. Complaining about this for PCARS 3 is beating a dead horse at this point, honestly. For PCARS 4, that makes some sense.

Are there any modern driving sims out there where the AI takes over?

I would really enjoy doing some endurance races with driver swaps that have the AI take control. It was so immersive GT Bob watching and worrying about his pace, would like something modern that does this in cockpit view.

Are there any modern driving sims out there where the AI takes over?

I would really enjoy doing some endurance races with driver swaps that have the AI take control. It was so immersive GT Bob watching and worrying about his pace, would like something modern that does this in cockpit view.

pCARS 1 and 2 have an AI driver for that. It's not perfect but it's functional(PC1 he had issues with sometimes not coming in for fuel, PC2 he seems to not like to fight to gain class positions). You can't control him other than to set up his pit options and call him in early if you want to take back over though. Which is still better than the way he would simply fall asleep in GT if you didn't keep telling him to go faster every now and then. pCARS 3 won't have that -- I did see it confirmed in one of the twitter or discord exchanges where somebody asked specifically about the AI driver swap.

The problem is SMS seems to have built the whole game around there being no pitstops. It was a decision made early on in development. Too late to change now, if at all. Complaining about this for PCARS 3 is beating a dead horse at this point, honestly. For PCARS 4, that makes some sense.
I agree, complaining to add Pit Stops for pCARS 3 is a futile endeavour. You got to think that, building the game from the start without Pit Stops and proper Tyres are ingrained into the foundations of its coding.

However, they also screwed over their future for pCARS 4 by naming this pCARS 3.

Also, I honestly wasn't impressed with the graphics at all. To me, pCARS 2 still looks better.. :(

If only theyd stop using the shift 2 laguna seca model.

?? What are you talking about ? Just look closer and you will notice that it is the same up to date version like in ACC... Look at the curbs/runoffs around the track and compare it with the ACC one... Up to date...

?? What are you talking about ? Just look closer and you will notice that it is the same up to date version like in ACC... Look at the curbs/runoffs around the track and compare it with the ACC one... Up to date...

Doesn't make an ounce of difference when racing, but technically neither ACC or PC3 have an up to date model. The spotting tower at start/finish right was removed last summer. GTSport is the only game I've seen to be "Up to date" with it removed. ACC and PC3 both still have it there.

Doesn't make an ounce of difference when racing, but technically neither ACC or PC3 have an up to date model. The spotting tower at start/finish right was removed last summer. GTSport is the only game I've seen to be "Up to date" with it removed. ACC and PC3 both still have it there.
Who really cares though? I don't have time to notice no tower when I racing. Never even see or could remember no tower.

Who really cares though? I don't have time to notice no tower when I racing. Never even see or could remember no tower.

Well, you didn't notice the first line in my post either. But we could fill a book with the things you don't notice. :P

It’s not a real sim unless that tower is removed.

/s

GtSport, real sim confirmed. :sly:

yeah no its still way off from any of the two assetto corsa scans. theyve been using that version as a base since the first pcars.

The first thing i noticed is that they continued to use the same model in which the red bumps on the curbs are flat...shame,
but the intention of the game is to be arcade isn't it?

Also, I honestly wasn't impressed with the graphics at all. To me, pCARS 2 still looks better.. :(
I feel the same. From what we've seen so far, there isn't any major improvement in graphical quality, and some bits look oversaturated.

PC2 competes with GT Sport in the graphics department...it just looks stunning. The colors of an evening sky in PC2 are enough to make a grown man cry.

The first thing i noticed is that they continued to use the same model in which the red bumps on the curbs are flat...shame,
but the intention of the game is to be arcade isn't it?

They got a small minute detail in a racetrack wrong, which is an indisputable proof that PCars 3 is an arcade racer.

This thing might as well be a Mario Kart at this point. Such a shameful display from SMS.

Last edited:
And what about Sonoma, which according to Ian's very words had the most outdated version possible in pc1 and 2. Looking at this Laguna version, any hope for it to have been updated?

A demo is more needed than ever this time given, and all we're getting seem to be weekly hotlaps.

Back