New Project CARS 3 Clip Confirms Laguna Seca Return, With New 2019 IndyCar

Source ? And how did that got measured ?
The left hander after the corkscrew section looks very different to the scanned one of ACC. The rest of the track looks mostly ok but this strange humped corner looks off to me.

I hope they've improved engine sounds across the board as well but I'd be surprised.

Interesting video/trailer/hotlap, saw a few things that peak my interest to say the least,

Like there was no "beta footage" or similar terminology shown like previous videos, so we must be at a release version then.

Also where's the gravel trap at turn 3 gone?

I get that there's no pit stops but why block off the pit entry with a visible barrier?! It bugged me in the Grid games too as it spoils the realism when you drive past the pits and it's blocked off, something you'd never see on a real circuit.

Invisible barriers or a reset as soon as you start to approach the pits would have been a much better solution visually IMHO.

I can cope with PC3 being a bit more arcadey as for me (a DS4 user) the perfect racer would be Gran Turismo with PC2's track/car list (in reality my perfect racer would be Gran Turismo with all the 1995-2000 British Touring Cars and Tracks).

Dont worry guys. PC4 will be the most advanced and realistic sim ever. They will remove the engine sounds, too. This way you can finally focus on the awesome racing action alone.

Too bad it will be a Mad Box exclusive, the upcoming 20 teraflop machine handcrafted by Mr. Ian Bell.

The left hander after the corkscrew section looks very different to the scanned one of ACC. The rest of the track looks mostly ok but this strange humped corner looks off to me.

I hope they've improved engine sounds across the board as well but I'd be surprised.

Watched a couple videos because curious. There's obviously some variance in all 3 camera angles(PC3 lowest, ACC highest) and I could be looking at the wrong features, but to me that strange humped corner in the PC3 video actually looks a bit more like this(0:55 to start at the corkscrew)

than this one does(1:05).

Watched a couple videos because curious. There's obviously some variance in all 3 camera angles(PC3 lowest, ACC highest) and I could be looking at the wrong features, but to me that strange humped corner in the PC3 video actually looks a bit more like this(0:55 to start at the corkscrew)

than this one does(1:05).

Cheers for the links.
I guess it's hard to tell which is more accurate, I just assumed ACC would be generally.

After never driving a laserscanned version of Bathurst until ACC it appears that SMS did a pretty good job with their version, with only some minor corner differences. Scans are probably more useful for road surfaces and kerbs etc perhaps.

Here is the left hander after corckscrew comparison

In the last 2 gameplay vids now, they have used very questionable drivers... why? Why not show off what can be done by someone who has done some laps and is quick?

In the last 2 gameplay vids now, they have used very questionable drivers... why? Why not show off what can be done by someone who has done some laps and is quick?

Presumably #becauseCasual

Can't got around showing it off as a sim...

Not their target audience.

That being said, am i the only one disappointed with the ingame graphics? After i heard that Forza 8 wont arrive anytime soon, i watched this on my TV. Laguna Seca just doesent look good. Track details, textures, lightning just dont good. Surely im spoiled by ACC on PC but still... i cant shake the feeling this game will fail.

i watched this on my TV. Laguna Seca just doesent look good.
They used a clear sky day setting. It can look very washed out at Laguna with the sun beating down. They should have added a bit of cloud to give a little light and shade. Or better still a different time of day.

It was also a compressed YouTube video that was being upscaled to 4k on your TV. Not exactly the best way to judge the graphics. The actual game is supposed to have native support for 12k on PC. And class leading VR support - whatever that means. I'm thinking 4k on the consoles that support it. Maybe. 1080p would do for me if it runs smoothly.

Have they announced PS5/Series X cross-buy/smart delivery? Not even considering a buy if it's not going to be supported.

Have they announced PS5/Series X cross-buy/smart delivery? Not even considering a buy if it's not going to be supported.

No upgrades have been announced, but both consoles should still run this game.

Looking from the cockpit POV, and the FOV should be closely similar to GTS (otherwise a large difference would create distorsion)

I couldn't help but notice that all the corners seem to be wider and much less tighter in curvature than in GTS.

I have a feeling that the curves of corners have been made easier in PCars 3 in order to help new drivers to driver faster and avoid losing momentum...

Am I imagining or can someone else verify this ?

Even the famous drop doesn't seem to be a scary as it is in GTS...

No next gen version has been announced.

No upgrades have been announced, but both consoles should still run this game.

That's too bad... Hopefully an announcement is made soon. This close to a new gen/platform launch, games that are cross-buy/smart delivery are a big selling point imo. I don't want the game to feel obsolete in a few months time, or have to buy a 2nd complete/definitive edition if they update/resell it later.

Back