New seasonal, Real Circuit Tours

• Thread starter simpleskin
  • 259 comments
Tried Nurburgring with the Peugeot Race Car (the new one) and i spun out of the track twice.

Then i went to the Used Car Lot and i saw the Peugeot 905 Race Car '92. Bought it and tried it out.. Wow, what a good car. I grabbed 1st Place on my first try.

I had everything OFF except ABS at 1. Love the sound of that engine :)

And it gets worse, once you take the lead rubberbanding kicks in and you can't pull out much of a gap, so one mistake and you're finished.

Have not experienced this at all. In my experience if I'm X seconds/lap faster than the leader while behind him, I either stay X seconds/lap faster when I'm in front of him or actually pull out a larger lead because I'm not dodging traffic anymore.

Here is my thing. I like the Ring for my personal time trials, not the chase-the-rabbit format of the seasonals. I can see how the barge-your-way-past, wheel-in-the-grass aspect of Nurburgring could be fun, but by my count, the Ring has shown up, what, 4 times now? First, NASCAR, then the Subaru event, then British Lightweights and now again for the Real Circuit Tour. But I don't think we've ever seen Fuji GT, Circuit de la Sarthe no chicane, Monza no chicane or SS Route 7. Nor have we seen a wet course as of yet. I'm in favor of more diversity, not less. All these tracks took hard work to make, let's not relegate a whole bunch to practice mode...

Disclaimer: I'm not a GT5 hater or an anti-Ring person.

Alright, got your point. Also i would love to see ssr7. I never took a ride on it, because it´s in no a-spec race as far as i know.

Alright, got your point. Also i would love to see ssr7. I never took a ride on it, because it´s in no a-spec race as far as i know.

I'm not sure what level of A-spec you're at or if it even makes a difference here but I'm level 40 A-spec and have never tried b-spec either and I have SSR7 in pracice mode under city courses if you want to look there!...I don't know if I unlocked it at some point or if it's always been there.

Rit
I'm not sure what level of A-spec you're at or if it even makes a difference here but I'm level 40 A-spec and have never tried b-spec either and I have SSR7 in pracice mode under city courses if you want to look there!...I don't know if I unlocked it at some point or if it's always been there.
I believe he was saying he's never tried it because its never used in A-Spec.

Rit

I know the track is there, but i see no point in driving it, when i get no reward for it :P

I know the track is there, but i see no point in driving it, when i get no reward for it :P

I'm with you on that point...I never use it either.It just came across to me that you'd never been on it period...:)

It can be done ... I just won it with the Minolta on my second try after reading your post. All default settings, stock, no aids. That car is a really good example of one you can't just mash the throttle. If using stock gears, 2nd and 3rd are brutal. I tried to keep it in 4th as much as possible ... I was actually counting gears so I knew when I was in the evil 3rd, LOL. I passed the lead AI Minolta at the karussell and set my best time by 6 seconds with it. That's a really fast car.

I know exactly what you mean; for cars of this caliber, I usually avoid tuning or tweaking any of the settings, but I've come to realize that I'm just not that good on the Ring. I still use face controls on the DS3, so I consider that a pretty big self-inflicted handicap. That's not to say switching to analog or buying a wheel would make me an expert... Anyway, I downed the PP on my FGT and that felt like a Sunday drive. :sly:

Tried Nurburgring with the Peugeot Race Car (the new one) and i spun out of the track twice.

Then i went to the Used Car Lot and i saw the Peugeot 905 Race Car '92. Bought it and tried it out.. Wow, what a good car. I grabbed 1st Place on my first try.

THIS ^^^^^ 905 Race car. What a MOTOR !!!!!!!!

Only had a quick go at Monza so far. Struggled with grip in the Minolta but managed 2nd (don't remember what won). Tried the Bentley Speed 8 - plenty of grip/downforce but less power, and C60 Hybride - kind of between the two. All stock, ABS=1.

I haven't done much driving in fast cars in GT5 so am finding it quite tough - I ended up putting the driving line on as I just couldn't get braking zones right. Think I'll stick with the C60 and be careful in third!

Also, I just found out that the hard way that the distance markers on the grass at Monza (between those two right handers) are absolutely solid! :dunce: Not like Laguna Seca or a couple of other courses where you just knock them over.

Fantastic new seasonal, just gutted I've got a fortnight holiday starting 5am tomorrow....I really feel I should know better at 48, with wife,kids & mortgage.

I am now trying to run them again using a road car from each country where the track is located. So I use Italian cars at Monza, Japanese at Fuji/Suzuka, German at the Nurb and USA at Laguna. Has been fun so far. Someone should try a maxxed out Nissan GTR Black Mask.

Aren't the different tires more or less difficulty settings? It may not be that realistic to put street tires on an LMP, but it would make it more difficult.

For me and my DS3 it's hard to use just about any of these cars with racing hards and no traction control.

At the moment the level of difficulty corresponds with how easy it is to make mistakes with a certain car/tyre combination. LMP cars on Racing hards can be pretty difficult at first. But once you are consistent and getting clean exits every turn, the AI is laughable. Rubberbanding and 5 car length rolling starts are not a substitute for a difficulty setting, it's time PD need to realise this.

Shouldn't that make it more challenging that AI keeps you under pressure though? And I myself like to have lots of different opponents I can race against :) It adds more colour to the racing if there's all kinds of cars you can race against. :D

I would like to have lots of different opponents to race against... in different events. Here they're just mobile chicanes. You are forced to use a car that can beat the fastest AI racer, so it's just the jackrabbit situation from GT4 all over again, it really limits your car choice. If there was an LMP class (Incorporating Group C aswell) and a GT class (For the rest), and you achieved rewards for class wins, I would love a mixture of cars. But as it is, the GT cars in the event are just there to fill up the roster which as I stated, is pointless as there is easily enough LMP/Group C cars to go around.

It's funny how a few pages back some people were saying how great it is not to have Tsukuba in this seasonal. Whilst I also dislike Tsukuba, it is one of the only tracks where the AI is competent.

I really like Tsukuba, its a great test track for me. Also won the expert seasonals there easy, but for these cars it would be overkill so I don't miss it.

CleanUP-CharliE

Agreed, it is a cornering machine and the last of the great Group C's. And the gearbox ACTUALLY WORKS in this game! :D See, not every standard in this game is a complete rehash of their GT4 counterparts :D

Although the engine sounds better in real life. Here it's just your average generic buzzer (although I don't mind it myself :))

The 908 isn't that hard to control though, you just need to get the throttle control right so the torque doesn't swallow it all up. ;)

I like these events because they are a little more of a challenge than usual. Tried Nurburgring 24hr and lost 3 times in a row (first time its happened to me) in the Zonda R. I switched to the Sauber and destroyed it. Im going to try the Escudo but I didnt realise the top speed was so high. Whats you guys top speed in the Escudo ?

I won everything easily from 1st try with Corvette 09 RM fully tuned (over 850 hp) - no aids. I had to fight for the lead. Was good fun

This is great stuff - with the cars I love to drive.

Only had time to do Monza so far.
3rd place with the R8 that is in the OCD at the moment.
2nd place with the stealth 787B (lost by 1 cars length)
1st place with the mad Minolta

If anyone wants a fun challenge that also nets them decent credits and xp per minute i recommend detuning the ferrari F10 and trying to win (using the F10 causes all the opponents to become F10's as well although they are fully tuned whereas yours will have to be 200kg heavier and only have about 400hp). I gave it a go around nurburgring, suzuka and laguna seca and i could only win laguna (and it was tough at that), i dont think suzuka is possible (without glitching) but i think the nurburgring one might be, i was 10 seconds down but i ran a ****** lap.

I really have problems on Fuji with the Mercedes CLK-LM Race Car(fully tuned). I'm not able to get past beyond 3 place. The Minolta, the Sauber and the R92P are always getting away. It's awesome struggling in races for a change, though.. :)

This seasonal event has so much fun to offer. I love it. I'm gonna try Laguna Seca now with the CLK-LM.

I won everything easily from 1st try with Corvette 09 RM fully tuned (over 850 hp) - no aids. I had to fight for the lead. Was good fun

Wow God like! I gonna try but will likely be smelling exhaust of the second place.
Was tough in 956hp zonda r as it is.

I really have problems on Fuji with the Mercedes CLK-LM Race Car(fully tuned). I'm not able to get past beyond 3 place. The Minolta, the Sauber and the R92P are always getting away. It's awesome struggling in races for a change, though.. :)

This seasonal event has so much fun to offer. I love it. I'm gonna try Laguna Seca now with the CLK-LM.

i know:):)
fuji is the hardest with racing hard in this seasonals.. it's a track with many turn in acceleration with 2nd gear, the car lose many grip in 2nd and 3rd accelerations, to avoid the gap, try set high lsd, and softening the rear ammo...

Dont know what all the fuss is about. I got the konica minolta first go tonight using racing hard tyres (completely standard), and won by ~8 seconds (Using G25). Even won it using the 787b.

Will try again using the Toyota GT1.

What braking balance and what controller are you using?

With the ABS off on cars with racing tires and much downforce that have to be used on this seasonal race I find that even by setting the front braking power to 10, you still have to press the brake pedal almost all the way down to lock front tires (and therefore being sure of having enough braking power for the shortest braking distance) at high speeds.

I use a controller and usually have the braking force set around 5-3 or 7-4 depending on how the car feels

Dont know what all the fuss is about. I got the konica minolta first go tonight using racing hard tyres (completely standard), and won by ~8 seconds (Using G25). Even won it using the 787b.

Will try again using the Toyota GT1.
The thing is that most GTP users don't have wheels, so their only way to go is the Dualshock 3 controller. This makes the races more challenging. Also to make the races even more challenging, people have been trying slower alternatives for the cars.

I have only completed Monza so far, using the stock Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) ’05 right out of the OCD, all aids off, no ABS. Quite a challenge. After several tries I managed to pass the Minolta at the Parabolica in the final lap. Lots of fun. Throttle control is everything in these cars. I won after doing all the laps in the 1.36.xxx Tonight is the other tracks' turn! This seasonal is great.

I agree that there should be some seasonals where all the cars were competitive, and all the pack runs in a lapse of less than 10-15 seconds. But still, this one and the DTM one have been great fun.

i know:):)
fuji is the hardest with racing hard in this seasonals.. it's a track with many turn in acceleration with 2nd gear, the car lose many grip in 2nd and 3rd accelerations, to avoid the gap, try set high lsd, and softening the rear ammo...

Eh, ok, grazie ragazzo. :)
High LSD and softening the rear suspension, I'll try it.

I never seem to get the last 3-4 corners right, I'm losing so many seconds there because I'm driving too aggressive. :ouch: Got to learn to drive more constantly on that part of Fuji. 👍

Found this to be pretty easy. The hardest part was finding a car that I couldn't just take the lead on lap one and be bored for 4 more. Was competitive in my Team Oreca Viper, but couldn't quite overtake the LMP at the front. Changed to my BMW V12 LMR and restricted my engine to make it fun.

I never seem to get the last 3-4 corners right, I'm losing so many seconds there because I'm driving too aggressive. :ouch: Got to learn to drive more constantly on that part of Fuji. 👍

Don't think I've ever got that section consistently right in all my GT years, in any car. Even with a wheel can't seem to get it right - obviously easier/smoother to steer the line but usually find myself on the power too early for the final bend and drift wide at the start of the straight, or slow down too much to compensate for the last screw up.

And that chicane makes it even worse:crazy:. Is the chicane on this seasonal? I haven't ventured to Fuji yet.

Back