New SimCity 4 comming out soon.

I saw this today as a matter of fact. The screen shots are INCREDIBLE! I hope they've added more cool managable stuff to the game. There wasn't any evidence of it in the pictures.

~LoudMusic

Damnit Noc. I was just going to start a thread about this. :mad:

Anyways I'm definitely getting this game as soon as it comes out.

sc4_screen009.jpg

sc4_screen015.jpg

Originally posted by vat_man
Well, there goes my partner for the next six months....

I think the Sim games are cool and all ... and I'll probably buy this one when it gets down to $30 or so, but I can't imagine playing any game for six months. GT3 only held my attention for about four months. Half Life wasn't even that long (but close). CounterStrike was off an on for a couple years, but it was always changing - and the online aspect really makes a difference. StarCraft I'm still playing (purchased the day it came out), but it's the same with the online ability.

SimCity 4 just looks like a really pretty game, so I'll play it and enjoy looking at it - but I bet I don't spend more than a month with it before I get bored.

~LoudMusic

My partner went into the article in some detail, and the game engine seems to be taking on some of the 'community' and 'neighbourhood' features that were hinted at in the abandoned 'Sim Village' - I wonder if longer term we aren't seeing 'The Sims' and 'Sim City' converge - not that they'll become the same game, mind you.

The other half gets right into it - must be the Project Manager mindset, I guess.

Those shots are amazing. I wonder if the consoles could have a port of this with online functions (that would almost definitely require a hard drive for the PS2 if that happened, wouldn't it?). I'm scared to ask about the requirements.

Originally posted by Republic
Those shots are amazing. I wonder if the consoles could have a port of this with online functions (that would almost definitely require a hard drive for the PS2 if that happened, wouldn't it?). I'm scared to ask about the requirements.

Requirements will be interesting - running Simcity 3000 at full detail requires something pretty grunty even by today's standards.

They may have refined the graphics engine (it does look graphically pretty similar to 3000) to accomodate the more sophisticated population, economy and community models.

It'll be interesting - I sort of didn't get into 3000 much, but I was huge on the original and 2000 (which still sits on my laptop), but I am looking forward to this one.

It does seem like a serious upgrade; I recognized some building designs from my copy of SimCity 3000 Unlimited almost immediately (Arrow Plaza, for example). I only hope that there are more buildings; SimCity 3000 suffers from many of the same buildings popping up in the city, especially residential ones (my city has so many copies of the same four-tile residential building, it boggles the mind).

Back