New site design

That first link gave me this.....
    Whoops! We can't find your page!  

Cool forums!I clicked the last link you have.I will have to join when i get a chance.I think they look great.

(Edited by gearbrain at 8:46 am on July 21, 2001)

Very nice, Mustang Man!  Your site is coming right along.  :)  

You might also want to go to SitePoint.  It's a large community of professional webmasters who will review your site and give you their opinions.

I also fixed the link, so it should work now.

Thanks guys. :)

I have to find a good enough host now, cos i'm starting  to get sick of Geocities.

Thanks for that link too, Jordan. :)

I have to find a good enough host now, cos i'm starting  to get sick of Geocities.
I see you've got your forums on F2S.  Why don't you let them host the rest of your site?

Quote: from Corey on 2:52 pm on July 23, 2001[br]Probably because it is soooooo slllooooooooowwwww
Hmmm, good point.  :(

Anyways, about the site.  I like it.  However, it is in need of some graphics.  The only one I could find on the front page is your logo graphic in the upper left-hand corner.  No graphics equals boring site equals potential community lost.  Spice it up with some graphics.  Do you have any graphics software?

I was gonna ask if you wanted to make one?
Preferably one that merges with the black background.

That's if you want to.

The only graphics program we have on this computer is MS Paint, which is what i made that logo with.

Also, do you know of any places i can get a counter and guestbook, which will work with frontpage express?

geocities offers both to its members, but I am assuming that you are going to switch from geocities sometime soon.

You would probably be best off going to http://www.cgi-resources.com.  There are many great scripts there.  As for it working with Front Page Expess...I have not heard of any CGI program that will work with that (i didn't think that Front Page had CGI support).  You would have to find an asp script--but then you'd have to switch to a Windows NT server, because many UNIX hosts don't support asp.

For counters, I'd have to recommend SiteMeter.  All it takes is some simple copy-and-pasting of HTML code and it's tracking your site.  I used it on the old GT2 Community on MSN and I was very pleased with it.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, WebTrends is great.  I use it in addition to my server stats so I can find out a visitor's screen resolutions.  Very nice!

Quote: from Mustang man on 9:32 pm on July 30, 2001[br]I have a site meter one now.

Thanks. :)
You're welcome.  Hope you like it!  :)

Back