New Stars & Stripes Seasonal Event!

• Thread starter 37kazzmark
  • 110 comments
What is the fastest car to do daytona for this event?

I would guess one of the Ford GTs, but you could win this event in like 1 of 10-15 cars easily. Pick any Viper or Corvette or the Ford GT and you shouldn't have an issue.

I just got my first Chrome Paint!! On my 1290th car :) Which was a Saleen S7 btw. About time. Couldnt change rims on the Saleen though :/

I'll try and see if the Cien Concept cadillac can compete because daytona looks like it will be the new grinder event!
EDIT: The Cien concept can compete and laps the slowest 3 cars around lap 7 and takes roughly 5.40 mins to complete!

Last edited:
The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Ford GT '05 "Stars-n-Stripes" edition by AC

CapeRingPeriphery.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: used car dealer
Paintjob: sonicblue clearcoat metallic
Wheels: aftermarket - finally, WooHoo
No aero
Weight Reduction: stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Chassis reinforcement: no
ECU Tuning: no
Engine Tuning: stage 3
Intake Manifold: no
Air Filter: no
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: no
Exhaust: Ti racing Exhaust
Transmission: FC
Clutch: Twin Plate Clutch
Flywheel: Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft: no
LSD: yes
Suspension: FC
Tires: SH-SS

The Tune
Ballast weight : 40/24
Power Limiter : 97.5%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) set to default
2) set top speed to 230 mph
3)Set gears 1st=3.271, 2nd=2.148, 3rd=1.614, 4th=1.282, 5th=1.058,
6th=.890
4)Set Final gear to 3.289
Should display an indicated top speed of 229 mph in upper right
corner.
LSD rear = initial 7, acceleration 10, braking 14

Suspension
Ride height front -5, rear 0.00
Spring rate front 10.8, rear 13
Dampers (Extension) front 6 rear 6
Dampers (Compression) front 5 rear 5
Anti-roll bars front 3 rear 4
Camber angle front 2.4 rear 1.7
Toe angle front 0.0 rear 0.0
Brakes: front 6 rear 5

Transmission: Auto or Manual
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

The car has 600 PP,weighs 1248 Kg with a 42/58 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 2.02 kg/hp, has 601 HP
@6400 rpm and produces 536 ft-lb torque @4300 rpm,

Notes:

My favorite Ford is back (05 GT no stripe) with a special tune to take on the Stars-n-Stripes Seasonal. Recommended tires are SS until familiar with
the cars handling. Works well with SH and better than expected. I
ran it with SH tires for all the races and won fairly easily but
did have to feather the throttle at times and use smooth lines. Oh, and make sure you brake before the jump at Cape Ring. Feel free to check out any of the tunes in the tuning section from the various garages most tuners enjoy the feedback both good and bad from other GTP members.

Enjoy, and happy holidays everyone -AC

Edit : if grinding Daytona the car will top out when drafting just adjust the final drive only for top speed preference.

Is Daytona the newest "grind sensation"? Anyways, I love this seasonal, I used one of my favourite cars, the Corvette C6 Z06 on Sports Hards to match the AI and its actually kind of challenging, especially Cape Ring, that isn't a course for big American muscle and sports cars.. That Ford GT No Stripe seems to always have the lead and never loses it. Great event.

NascarManiaco99
Has anyone raced the Eifel track ? Isn't it the same from the GT-R Time Trial ?

Aye, I think so. Was more fun in a cobra though.

Managed a win on laguna in a focus st...not sure if it could win all the events? I gave up and got the cobra out.

Running a modded ZR1 for this @ about 576pp, on sport hard tyres, which makes it very lively. Slowly starting to introduce myself to drifting with a wheel. Done the first 2 and probably won't get another proper chance to play until the weekend.

What is the fastest car to do daytona for this event?

Daytona isn't too bad just use the driving line as a guide and well, ignore it. When it says to brake, don't. You only need to come off the gas entering the turns, and take the banked turns lower than the driving line suggests, it's too high. Keep it just on the edge of grip throughout and you shouldn't have too many problems. Keep your steering movements smooth and small, any large movement of the wheel takes chunks of time and speed off. Racing these cars on this track is much easier than NASCAR believe me.

Daytona isn't too bad just use the driving line as a guide and well, ignore it. When it says to brake, don't. You only need to come off the gas entering the turns, and take the banked turns lower than the driving line suggests, it's too high. Keep it just on the edge of grip throughout and you shouldn't have too many problems. Keep your steering movements smooth and small, any large movement of the wheel takes chunks of time and speed off. Racing these cars on this track is much easier than NASCAR believe me.
Ran it in a 699bhp ZR1 and you can pretty much full-throttle it all the way. Mind you, if you tap another car in a turn, the results can wind up leaving a lot of skidmarks!

Beat all 5 races with a stock '06 Ford GT fitted with Sports Softs. The Cape and Laguna races to me illustrated that the car has more power than its suspension can comfortably use -- half- or three-quarters throttle is pretty much all you need except on the straights. Didn't enjoy the Eifel race because the track inhales. Daytona was Daytona -- don't touch the brakes and realize the proper line entering Turn 1 is rather different from the proper line entering Turn 3.

Beat all 5 races with a stock '06 Ford GT fitted with Sports Softs. The Cape and Laguna races to me illustrated that the car has more power than its suspension can comfortably use -- half- or three-quarters throttle is pretty much all you need except on the straights. Didn't enjoy the Eifel race because the track inhales. Daytona was Daytona -- don't touch the brakes and realize the proper line entering Turn 1 is rather different from the proper line entering Turn 3.

I did the same yesterday, today I'm gonna try Sports Hard, since SS I think were quite easy.
And Daytona was as boring as expected. I find these merry-go-round races always boring, I'd much prefer roadcourse Indy instead.

The Cape Ring its very easy , i use the RAM fully tuned and stock weight and stock transmition (top speed is about 200KM/h) and i got 1st on the 3rd Lap

SnyDX
I whould say the Special. I got almost more than 20 sec from the 2nd.

I managed just under 23 seconds using a stock Saleen S7 on Sports Hards, so it's probably a toss up. The Cadillac Cien is probably a good contender as well.

i cant complete the seasonal event as when i try to race on eifel the screen wont load and i have to force restart my ps3 :(

Even though I edited my previous I'll say it again. The cien concept IS the fastest car for daytona. Laps consistent 41-42 second laps and overtakes the slowest 3 cars around lap 7. chug-a-bug thanks for the advice but I think I can drive in a circle:sly:. Thanks for everybody's suggestions!
EDIT: Won by more than 29 seconds

Last edited:
I finally had a use for my Callaway C12! Couldn't get past 3rd on any of the tracks(-daytona) with sports hard, had to switch to sport meds. The starting gap is just too big to make up in 5 laps, the GT outran all the other AI cars with ease. I'm going to give the Cien concept a run at these, I've been meaning to get it tuned anyway!

I couldn't defeat Tokyo with my ACR Viper so I had to upgrade to sport soft tires. I'm going to try it again on Medium and try and work my way back to excelling with the Sport Hards.

I won Cape Ring with my Ram , won by more 22 Seconds
Ram status :
741 Hp
2390Kg
Racing Soft Tires
6 Gears in 320 km/h (very unusefull , I couldn't even use the 6th gear , my top speed was 210 Km/h :S)

I won Cape Ring with my Ram , won by more 22 Seconds
Ram status :
741 Hp
2390Kg
Racing Soft Tires
6 Gears in 320 km/h (very unusefull , I couldn't even use the 6th gear , my top speed was 210 Km/h :S)

Now try winning on Sports Tires:P

The Cien at 600PP on sport hard tires is a hoot! Easy wins in all events.

And it even has shiny chrome wheels. :lol:

DAMN THE AI IS GOOD in this. I am running the new ZR1 with stage 3 engine for the revs and semi racing exhaust for that good vette sound with the power limiter backing the PP down to 580 and the stock tires and stock everything else with no aids including ABS, NO HUD with in car view using a G27 manual shift with clutch. This has been the most fun I've had in a seasonal, and BEST SOUNDING. With the 5.1 sound system cranked up and Small Theater setting in the sound options in GT5 it's close to the sound of that Go Pro camera commercial with the vette at what looks to be thunderhill. Notice I said close..IT IS NOT DEAD ON so you "GT5 SOUND SUCKS AND ALWAYS WILL PEOPLE" Can stop having a cow.

I've Golded all the races before Tokyo where I am stuck at getting close to the front 2 cars to see them and then having a devastating crash. Will get it!!

I used a Dodge Viper SRT ACR for the first four. For the Eifel Circuit, I had to use The American Death Machine (a.k.a My Shelby Cobra).

I've whipped it with an Ford RS 2000 (Or is it 200?) Only has 520PP, but boy is it quick, and the fact it can go around a corner is virtually cheating compared to the other cars, I think a challenge might be putting it down to 450PP and trying to win there, can't confirm right now since I'm on my lunch break but I think its supercharged as well? Maybe just removing that would make all the difference.

I like going into the seasonals and finding a car that I can 'just' win with, or just lose with either way so I can try improving my driving style with the lowest PP possible.

Last edited:
Just did the cape ring track in a Ford Ka @ 450pp! :) won by about 5 seconds, but that was the best race against the AI I've had in a while 👍

Back