NEW USA GT:HD DEMO v1.2 FFB !!

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 20 comments
I'm downloading too!
I'm hoping this writes over the V 1.1 so my times & replays are saved, I had to start from scratch in the Europe version.

What I can't understand is why 1.2 was just released when 2.0 has been around for a few weeks now. Can anyone confirm any differences between 1.2 or 2.0 at all, other than the FFB?

Downloaded installed and tried. Let me say this. This is now entirely a whole new experience. If you're into racing any of the GT games with a good steering wheel you'll know what I'm talking about. FF is back and man GTHD is now fun to play with a wheel.

The FF strength is weak compared to GT4, but at least the wheel gives you enough feedback to get a sense of what you're doing around the track. When I first got my PS3 and downloaded the GTHD demo I played with it for about 30 minutes and had enough. It just was not worth the agony of trying to center the wheel with no centering spring effect or any resistence. Might as well play with the normal controller.

Anyway, my Logitech G25 works fine with this new demo and so far it's a blast to run. Now it will be easier to compare the physics engine between this new game and GT4. Most impressive so far.

Now if only Studio Liverpool would add a FF patch to F1CE 👍
That game would be a whole lot better with some feel to the road and some resistence to the wheel in general.

Nice, can't wait to use the wheel finally. The limp wheel was useless and I don't really care for the new controllers too much.

Hmmmm. Gee, I might just have to consider getting a PS3 now... OK, consideration over! Most of my worries about the PS3 haven't come to pass, so I think I can feel fairly safe buying one!

I'll post some feedback here once I have it up and running...

OK, I admit it, I actually already picked one up as soon as I saw this thread yesterday!!! :-)))

Initial impressions are good, but the feedback is greatly reduced from GT4, causing me to have some pretty serious spinning issues in the MR cars, something I never had problems with in GT4.

I registered in the UK just in case, but also another account in the USA, so I have both the UK 2.0 and the USA 1.2 versions (appear identical so far).

For those of us that are still playing V2.0 are there any major updates in this new US version that would make me download or is a safe bet thats its just the same?

I like the 2.0 rankings because it shows where you are from...shows the flags next to your ranking name. Don't know if this 1.2 US version shows flags representing country like the 2.0 version.... Maybe it will show which US state you are from???

I've been out of the loop for a while, and don't have a PS3 yet (was gonna hold off until GT5/GTHD came out), is this a free demo that you download or something?

FMW
Downloaded installed and tried. Let me say this. This is now entirely a whole new experience. If you're into racing any of the GT games with a good steering wheel you'll know what I'm talking about. FF is back and man GTHD is now fun to play with a wheel.

The FF strength is weak compared to GT4, but at least the wheel gives you enough feedback to get a sense of what you're doing around the track. When I first got my PS3 and downloaded the GTHD demo I played with it for about 30 minutes and had enough. It just was not worth the agony of trying to center the wheel with no centering spring effect or any resistence. Might as well play with the normal controller.

Anyway, my Logitech G25 works fine with this new demo and so far it's a blast to run. Now it will be easier to compare the physics engine between this new game and GT4. Most impressive so far.

That's strange that you feel the FF is weaker on the PS3 cause I found just the opposite, the FF is stronger. You can really feel a difference when playing GT4 on the PS3. Take a fast car down the Mulsanne Straight (La Sarthe) and you can feel a big difference, much stronger FF when playing on the PS3. Also the wheel turning is stiffer. Did you set the settings on the PS3 for the DFP? Maybe it's set to weak, I set it for Simulation and Strong

Back