New Vision Gran Turismo concept car being unveiled on 25 October

• Thread starter sirjim73
  • 264 comments
A Suzuki VGT inspired by the legend itself.

latest

I sure hope it’s Lamborghini. I expect their Vision car to have very wild styling and advanced technology that isn’t borderline science-fiction like the Chaparral and the Tomahawks.

Suzuki entrys Manufacturer Exhibition on TMS(WT5) but Suzuki has no VGT or Gr.3 car.

Suzuki does seem like a good bet.
If not, I looked at the list of manufacturers at the TMS and noted Renault and Alpine are also present, as is Lexus and, err, Kawasaki 💡

My instinct with this VGT is suggesting to me that there will be either a "real" car at the event, or a scale model, which will be unveiled on morning of 25th and then on the show floor at TMS. Just a guess though.

I wonder if it could alternatively be an automaker that hasn't been announced as being part of VGT yet? That said, it'd be nice if we got VGTs from the American automakers sooner than later - they could be good for letting Ford and Chevrolet have Gr.1 cars, possible DPi/hypercar-class racers aside. I mean, Dodge/SRT got into Gr.1 with its VGT, so I'd hope that with a combination of real-world prototype racers (e.g. DPi), VGTs, and the upcoming WEC hypercar class, we could see a Gr.1 component be added to the Manufacturer Series.

Last edited:
Im gonna guess Corvette VGT. A year or so back, both Kaz and GT liked Chevy and Corvette pages at the same time. My guess it was about this announcement. I know it's not really much of a clue but I just have a gut feeling...

Since none of us know the correct answer and it is fun to come up with theories I'm going to throw out Mercedes. They were the very first VGT released so we know they're committed to the project but also released a car with an IC engine, do they still feel that is a vision for their future. It's not impossible that we see Mercedes VGT 2.0 with an electric motor released at roughly the same time as their FE debut.

Im gonna guess Corvette VGT. A year or so back, both Kaz and GT liked Chevy and Corvette pages at the same time. My guess it was about this announcement. I know it's not really much of a clue but I just have a gut feeling...
Chevy created the Chapparal VGT for the program. So no, it won't be a Corvette VGT.

Back