New Vision Gran Turismo concept car being unveiled on 25 October

• Thread starter sirjim73
  • 264 comments
Haha, I know the new VGT must be this!!
You remember the in-game version was also unveiled in TMS 2017.
i1U2P2zM7DheI.jpg

...mustn't it?

Seriously, what happened to this aggressive-looking version?
And what about Callaway 6.2L V8 997HP engine? The engine of in-game version is undoubtedly Nissan VK45DE... (4494cc)

Last edited:
There's a few options, but I highly doubt it's the Porsche. They said it'd be coming in late 2020, and it sounded like they were still in the design phase, I really don't think it'd be ready if its supposed to be available so long from now.

Alfa is an odd one, since they supposedly left the project. That's not to say they didn't hop back on board, but I believe those images found earlier were another one of those unaffiliated college student designs that crop up from time to time. If it is Alfa it isn’t something we’ve seen, and I don't think it's Alfa.

Considering Nike made a concept for GT4, and they as well as Jordan were on the initial list of VGT partners, it's not crazy to say it could be a non-automotive manufacturer - GT is partnered with Tag Heuer and now Michelin, I believe also Puma for the competitive gear at live events (gloves/shoes). I have no idea what they'd design, but there's a precedent for it.

As many have mentioned some brands have done multiple entries, it could very well be a second Toyota. It could also be another brand joining the partner table with Toyota and Porsche. I don’t feel there’s much substance to go on beyond what I listed.

I think Toyota is the most likely given the venue. What would it be? No clue, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s all electric. I could see something like an EV hypercar meant to race at Le Mans/WEC in the (near?) future, or perhaps even a GT3 machine. Sustainable racing seems to be a lot of brand’s MO right now.

I’m also gonna go and be an oddball and say maybe Tesla? They seem to be in a little bit of a competition with Porsche at the moment, and dropping a Tesla VGT at the same time as the Taycan doesn’t seem like a too far-fetched marketing idea.

Those are my top guesses, it really could be anything.

There's a few options, but I highly doubt it's the Porsche. They said it'd be coming in late 2020, and it sounded like they were still in the design phase, I really don't think it'd be ready if its supposed to be available so long from now.

Alfa is an odd one, since they supposedly left the project. That's not to say they didn't hop back on board, but I believe those images found earlier were another one of those unaffiliated college student designs that crop up from time to time. If it is Alfa it isn’t something we’ve seen, and I don't think it's Alfa.

Considering Nike made a concept for GT4, and they as well as Jordan were on the initial list of VGT partners, it's not crazy to say it could be a non-automotive manufacturer - GT is partnered with Tag Heuer and now Michelin, I believe also Puma for the competitive gear at live events (gloves/shoes). I have no idea what they'd design, but there's a precedent for it.

As many have mentioned some brands have done multiple entries, it could very well be a second Toyota. It could also be another brand joining the partner table with Toyota and Porsche. I don’t feel there’s much substance to go on beyond what I listed.

I think Toyota is the most likely given the venue. What would it be? No clue, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s all electric. I could see something like an EV hypercar meant to race at Le Mans/WEC in the (near?) future, or perhaps even a GT3 machine. Sustainable racing seems to be a lot of brand’s MO right now.

I’m also gonna go and be an oddball and say maybe Tesla? They seem to be in a little bit of a competition with Porsche at the moment, and dropping a Tesla VGT at the same time as the Taycan doesn’t seem like a too far-fetched marketing idea.

Those are my top guesses, it really could be anything.

Always enjoy reading your posts - they're usually full of solid thoughts that are well constructed. As you say though, this time round its anyone's guess what the car will be. Although that pretty much applies to all of them.

I dont think the announcement venue necessarily means it's going to be Toyota. My instinct/guess is still that it will be one of the manufacturers with displays at the Tokyo Motor Show. Friday seems to be the TMS "publicity day", so an unveiling on Friday with a demo model on display all over the weekend would fit. A bit like when the Bugatti VGT was unveiled?

I don't think the announcement venue necessarily means it's going to be Toyota. My instinct/guess is still that it will be one of the manufacturers with displays at the Tokyo Motor Show.

Agreed, I more meant the venue being collectively part of larger indicator (brand partnership, GR Supra Cup, supposed TS020 rumor). I personally think Toyota’s the most likely, but really it could be just about anything.

I don't think so because as you can see they already have one vgt in the game

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/vgt/toyota/

I don't think so because as you can see they already have one vgt in the game

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/vgt/toyota/
Though having different VGT models for a manufacturer is possible. See Peugeot for example they have the L500 R, L750 R, and the original VGT for example.

I wouldn't mind that ever happens with Toyota or other manufacturers that already have their VGTs shown but I would prefer to have a VGT from a manufacturer that don't have a VGT yet.

Last edited:
Imagine a GR Supra Vision Gran Turismo. :dopey:

This reminds me of a closed top Ford Indigo for some reason
ford-indigo-concept-was-a-v12-mid-engined-monster.jpg
Bringing up Ford, we still haven't had a VGT from them yet; although I wouldn't be surprised if they've given up by now. We've had the concept drawings for a hot-rod style machine since GT6, but no word after that. Similar case for Tesla, Italdesign & Lamborghini, though I'm not sure about GM Design, Nike and Jordan.

Toyota is supposed to be bringing out a new TRD3000GT concept at SEMA, although that probably wouldn't be enough to qualify as a VGT.

I'm gonna play stereotypical (and possibly stupid too) and say that the VGT will be Japanese. Of course they can fly a car from anywhere, but what better stage for a design of the future than its homeland's motor show. We could see some racing rendition of the GR Super Sport, seeing as Toyota's last VGT was a race-modified FT-1; or a design that could lead to the next MR2 as it's been in the news recently with possible collaboration from Porsche; or maybe Mitsubishi wants to (finally) alter it's SUV-only pathway with a new supercar in homage to the 3000GT/GTO or Lancer Evo; or even Suzuki, as we haven't had a VGT entry or confirmation for them yet.

But knowing the nature of surprises, the Hummer Schwarzenegger VGT will be definitely be making it's appearance :lol:

I don't know why everyone gets so excited about the Vision GT cars because I think they are mostly a gimmick to keep people interested and to make it look as though cars have a big future still, yet there is a threshold to what the average driver can actually handle and so many of their characteristics are contradictory to the ideal; they are usually heavy, the CofG is in the wrong place, they have low profile tyres which give less warning when approaching the limit and so have to be set up with lots of understeer.

The only forward thinking concept cars in the game are the RedBull cars because the designer cleverly gave them lots of down force, made them light, but with narrow tyres to make them forgiving enough for the average player, yet still challenging enough for the expert.

I don't know why everyone gets so excited about the Vision GT cars because I think they are mostly a gimmick to keep people interested and to make it look as though cars have a big future still

I respect what you think about, but why do you allow that to cloud your acceptance of what other people may think of them?

Haha, I know the new VGT must be this!!
You remember the in-game version was also unveiled in TMS 2017.
i1U2P2zM7DheI.jpg

...mustn't it?

Seriously, what happened to this aggressive-looking version?
And what about Callaway 6.2L V8 997HP engine? The engine of in-game version is undoubtedly Nissan VK45DE... (4494cc)
That would be interesting to see. You’re saying the in-game version doesn’t have that rear wing nor front canards? And how do you know what engine the in-game car has - that it’s that particular Nissan engine?

Back