• Thread starter Joey D
  • 19 comments

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
Alright, why is the Forza and GT4 New York tracks so similar? Is it an actual race they do in NY or something? I've been asking people on LIVE and nobody seems to know either but they agree it looks like the GT4 one.

No way in the next century will there be a race in New York City, ever. The traffic will not survive it, it will be the NYC blackout all over again. :crazy:

Maybe the tracks are so similar because it's the same city? Maybe the roads they used would be the most suitable for racing? I don't know what other parts of NYC look like so I dunno where else they could have laid out a track. Can you imagine a race going through Brooklyn and halfway into an endurance race you get carjacked out of your corvette while pitting by some crackhead junkie. Wouldn't that be something? :D

There's really a lot of places in NYC where you can draw out a race course, but most people will only be able to identify the city by landmarks like Times Square, Broadway, Central Park, 5th Ave. So I guess that's why PD mapped out the track around all of the aboves. I'm "disappointed" by the smoothness of the road though, where are all the potholes!!?? Talk about unrealistic... :lol:

Imagine if they did a track round Manchester, it'd be 3. 2. 1. Go and they're off, and they'rte suspension's broken before turn 1.

MR8
I'm "disappointed" by the smoothness of the road though, where are all the potholes!!?? Talk about unrealistic... :lol:

I totally agree, it would make for much more fun races. Even if they left out potholes, theres no way the road is that smooth.

Not in my lifetime... DFP users will be repairing their wheels after 10 laps in a "real" New York course in GT5, the road condition is horrible. :yuck:

Not to mention the lack of sewer grates.

And that funky tunnel S/chicane thing that I have no idea where it is in New York.

I want to know where the guy is that comes out and washes the windows to my Ferrari before the race starts :lol:. I could tip him some credits!

WARNING: Do not do the enduro race in New Yawk unless you know where it is! If your TV is even only slightly darker than normal, it is extremely difficult to find the pit stop. I had to learn this the hard way—don't do the race until A) you know where it is or B) can find it before the 20th lap (about the time to refuel/get new tires).

It is about 1/4 mile away from the start of the race, on the right. You should dirve past it about 3 seconds before the long hairpin turn, which chicanes and then turns a 90 degree to the right afterwards.

Just a reminder, don't screw yourself like I did.

Thanks PS I've been wondering were the hell it was, I was just guessing there was no pit.

But they are changed, Forza after than hairpin quickly makes a right , into a straight.
While GT4 makes all kinds of stuff.
Why in the hairpin is Gt4's open, but covered in Forza?

None of you guys know bad roads till you drive in Detroit, by far the worst in America, I can't say about England though. I'm sure they are bad though.

Back