MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
How did it go guys ? How many were in the race ?

Next month is Big Willow. One of my favorite tracks in the game. If I cannot manage to stay awake that one I am going to have to withdraw. Its not fair towards others not showing up. Although you all know its middle of the night here the race ends at 03:30 midnight for me.

It is what it is, I have to accept I just cannot participate :(

Better wake up in time for the Japanese GP! Starts in 6 hours hehe
Yes I slept through that as well...

What is lobby id??
You should be able to look at “friends only” if you chose this on the left. Then the room will pop-up with Rinsky as a host.

How did it go guys ? How many were in the race ?

Next month is Big Willow. One of my favorite tracks in the game. If I cannot manage to stay awake that one I am going to have to withdraw. Its not fair towards others not showing up. Although you all know its middle of the night here the race ends at 03:30 midnight for me.

It is what it is, I have to accept I just cannot participate :(

Yes I slept through that as well...

You should be able to look at “friends only” if you chose this on the left. Then the room will pop-up with Rinsky as a host.

For some reason when I select freinds only I see nothing and I am freinds with them. Last night I selected the track, real racing, and freinds only then it finally popped up, not sure what's wrong.

Great race as usual last night enjoyed that, 1.5 hours went by real fast!

Only had two issues, one where suddenly the tv went completely black! (I still had sound) Not sure if it’s the game, PS4 or tv doing that but the weird thing is I’ve only ever experienced it in these lobby’s? Happened at st criox as well, weird!

And then the tv decided that it was on for too long and go into energy save! So had scrabble for the remote to stop it from switching off!

Otherwise great race as always!

Feel gutted for @Clean Racer, I wanted to quit the race then but I didn't wanna risk being the only one lol.

Anyway, my race last night was terrible, just was one of these days. After just 20 minutes of mediums I had had enough of that understeer and changed my strategy on the fly and went to hards for a long stint, then mediums. I think a 2 stopper wasn't the right strategy for the Aston really.

Not sure why we couldn't wait 3 minutes, maybe Rinsky didnt see

I'm 100% certain he didn't see as I made several messages that went completely ignored

I absolutely didn't see. After I end qualifying I'm really not on the main screen anymore. I'm over setting the grid order then double checking everything. Then we had im2fst4u come in the lobby at the last minute and I was back trying to put him in the right spot.
Plus it's our 15 minute break before we race for 1.5hr so I'm also running around the house getting something to drink and doing other necessity before the race starts. I'm not just sitting there reading the chat. Sorry

I open the lobby up every month an hour earlier before the race starts and I have always started on the hour no matter what. We have people staying up very late to race and I do not delay it.

So please remember the race starts on the hour at 8:00pm EST and ends at 9:30pm EST .

You might want to take a second before starting the race to check the chat for anything you missed during the time you aren't able to see it. He showed up within one minute of the race starting so I wouldn't say that's much of a delay.

I absolutely didn't see. After I end qualifying I'm really not on the main screen anymore. I'm over setting the grid order then double checking everything. Then we had im2fst4u come in the lobby at the last minute and I was back trying to put him in the right spot.
Plus it's our 15 minute break before we race for 1.5hr so I'm also running around the house getting something to drink and doing other necessity before the race starts. I'm not just sitting there reading the chat. Sorry

I open the lobby up every month an hour earlier before the race starts and I have always started on the hour no matter what. We have people staying up very late to race and I do not delay it.

So please remember the race starts on the hour at 8:00pm EST and ends at 9:30pm EST .

Yeah, I figgered you didnt see, if you did I'm sure you would have responded even if it was to say we cant wait. Do you set the grid on your PS4 from a different screen?
I still gotta learn how to find the lobby on my own. For some reason the "show lobbies with freinds" does not work for me even though we are besties.

I noticed during Qualifying that there is a flaw on that track (or this is just how GTSport does pit stops); When you pit it spits you out at pit exit and takes virtually no time to change the tires since there was no long delay to drive down pit lane.
So i stopped 5 times and ran RM the whole race. It made a huge difference in my ability to keep up towards the front.

I hope this is track specific because of the long straight? or is it like this at all the tracks? It didnt make me drive slow all the way down pit lane.
Pit in, change tires, no gas, pit out with like 5 seconds lost only at the end of the straight.:boggled:

You might want to take a second before starting the race to check the chat for anything you missed during the time you aren't able to see it. He showed up within one minute of the race starting so I wouldn't say that's much of a delay.

I'm not trying to be an ass here but I've been running it this way since the beginning to avoid situations like this. Again I had the lobby up for one hour and 20 minutes before race time. During this time I'm answering questions both on the forum and the PS4 and in the game chat. I sit there all the up until qualifying ends. At that time everyone gets a 15 minute break except me because I'm setting the running order and then sometimes checking people in who arrive late. Out of that 15 minute I get about 5 of them to do what I need to do for me before the race.

Everyone should make a mental note that if you are not in the Lobby at start time then the race goes off without you no exceptions.
If you make it in the Lobby before we start then we will wait for you and also do another lobby count again.

I'm really not trying to be an ass I'm just being strict on the start time. I really wish he would have sent me a Message through the PS4 so it would pop up on my screen no matter what I'm doing in the game.

To everyone Please don't cut it so close.

I noticed during Qualifying that there is a flaw on that track (or this is just how GTSport does pit stops); When you pit it spits you out at pit exit and takes virtually no time to change the tires since there was no long delay to drive down pit lane.

So i stopped 5 times and ran RM the whole race. It made a huge difference in my ability to keep up towards the front.

I hope this is track specific because of the long straight? or is it like this at all the tracks? It didnt make me drive slow all the way down pit lane.

Pit in, change tires, no gas, pit out with like 5 seconds lost only at the end of the straight.

This has really made me upset and not the fact you guys found it and used it to your advantage but to the fact it's in the game to begin with.
At no time should making a pitstop be faster than the cars on the track yet one could go into the pits right in front of me and change tires quicker then it took me to get from the beginning of the Straight to the end. That's just complete insanity and another stupid flaw in this game. GTS is not setup for endurance racing and all the quick pitstops are due to this game evolving around sprint racing.

I've also noticed more problems with this new tire model other then the reduction of grip. There is more of a gap between how fast two different compounds wear out now. Prior to the new model we were having no issues running different compounds.

This now means Im going to change the settings to a One Tire Compound Only but it will very from race to race as to what compound we will be using. Expect RH most of the time. This will completely eliminate the bug of people gaining an advantage on their pitstops.
I felt the gap between players got extremely to large. For almost an hour I was racing 30 seconds ahead the person behind me and 30 seconds behind the person in front of me as Focie also lapped the entire field.

I'm trying to make it more competitive for everyone and that race wasn't competitive for anybody. I will continue to experiment with different Settings trying to keep the field from getting so spread out. I will also do a lot of testing at Willow Springs to find a good combination everyone will hopefully be happy with.

@Rinsky
No worries man. No big deal that I didn't make it. One less red light on the way in and I think I would have been in. Lol
Starting on time is important for just the reasons you outlined.
Maybe I'll get there in time for the next one.

It's all good.

@Rinsky
No worries man. No big deal that I didn't make it. One less red light on the way in and I think I would have been in. Lol
Starting on time is important for just the reasons you outlined.
Maybe I'll get there in time for the next one.

It's all good.

I promise if I had seen it I would have waited for you. I didn't pay any attention because I didn't think anyone else was coming with 2 minutes to go.

@Rinsky If you need help with test for Willow Springs let me know as I have the majority of Gr. 4 class cars.

I can use all the help and testing I can get.
I'm not trying to keep the field running in a tight group because that's impossible.
The race we had at Sainte-Croix B II is a great example of what I'm looking for. That race had some great racing for everyone in it. People were not running bumper to bumper but if you made the slightest mistake you had company.

This has really made me upset and not the fact you guys found it and used it to your advantage but to the fact it's in the game to begin with.
At no time should making a pitstop be faster than the cars on the track yet one could go into the pits right in front of me and change tires quicker then it took me to get from the beginning of the Straight to the end. That's just complete insanity and another stupid flaw in this game. GTS is not setup for endurance racing and all the quick pitstops are due to this game evolving around sprint racing.

I've also noticed more problems with this new tire model other then the reduction of grip. There is more of a gap between how fast two different compounds wear out now. Prior to the new model we were having no issues running different compounds.

This now means Im going to change the settings to a One Tire Compound Only but it will very from race to race as to what compound we will be using. Expect RH most of the time. This will completely eliminate the bug of people gaining an advantage on their pitstops.
I felt the gap between players got extremely to large. For almost an hour I was racing 30 seconds ahead the person behind me and 30 seconds behind the person in front of me as Focie also lapped the entire field.

I'm trying to make it more competitive for everyone and that race wasn't competitive for anybody. I will continue to experiment with different Settings trying to keep the field from getting so spread out. I will also do a lot of testing at Willow Springs to find a good combination everyone will hopefully be happy with.

Didn’t notice the pit stop issue as I pitted twice for fuel and tyres, I tested it earlier as I was interested and the entry is instant needs a delay to allow for the car to arrive at pit limiter speed.

But personally I hope you don’t remove different compounds for a couple reasons. First it could be counter intuitive to making it closer as some people are more confident on softer compounds that could lead to more mistakes. Secondly I just think it removes a msssive strategy element to the race. I would be concerned that with one compound turns into a fuel saving contest, I think the compounds help to balance the cars.

I think all that was wrong here was the tyre multiplier, from my own race the reason I had to pit was for fuel, tyres were okay if I had more fuel I would of carried on.

I tested this as well, only briefly but at X4 tyre it worked out much better. The mediums dropped off much quicker and would of more than likely forced a three stop strategy. Where as the hards would last more in line with the fuel to run a two stopper.

The other option is at X2 tyre is to change the compounds, medium and soft would of probably worked in the same way as above, much like F1 they change the compounds available depending on the wear.

Happy to run a few willow tests if you like?

Yeah, I think hards would have been awful there. I wasted time practicing on the hards, they were awful, the understeer was pathetic. Mediums lasted 1 tank of fuel for me, in fact fuel was more of an issue than tires were on Fuel Map1

Personally i think the issue was track specific. It warps you into and out of the pits, so this last track had such a long pit straight that the time lost entering and mainly exiting didnt seem as severe is what i discovered during qualifying. It wasnt until the end that i fully realized what a huge difference it made since i only added gas on 2 of the 5 stops.

It would be easy to test it on each track to see rather than make drastic changes. If you ever run Gardens again, maybe a rule limiting the number of tire changes allowed or similar. I have not played this game enough to know if this issue exists everywhere, i never noticed it before.
I dont have a good solution.
PD just needs to fix this crap, so simple to have a timer delay on pit in and out reflective of the time spent in pit lane (distance of pit lane/speed limit= time!). I dont really understand these seemingly simple things they cant get right.

---
I still vote for full damage too :dopey:

So here is my proposal. Anyone that's interested I ask that you do some testing at Willow Springs then give me your feedback on the fuel and tire wear multiplier. Please test other Gr.4 cars too besides your own.
Maybe it was just Gardens that's all jacked up and not the whole game but something needs to be done.
14 of you guys are the regulars every month so you tell me how you want this race setup after some testing of course.

Here is the Race Results from Saturday.

PS_Messages_20181008_172544.jpg

Oh I will bring back full damage.

How did everyone like the standing start with false start.?

I personaly love standing starts with false start. It adds realism.

Maybe its a good idea to have some smaller tracks included ? Chances of driving around alone are much smaller.

Will do some testing if I can find time.

The start didnt bother me one way or another, I accidentally let my car roll a little and got a 1 sec penalty but I am slow enough that the game thinks I am scrubbing penalty time off the whole lap so it really did not affect me. I wont have time to test at Willow till next week, just make sure you dont slide off track, your car wont stop sliding till Dunlop Curve at Sarthe.

I'm thinking tires x3 fuel x4 with all three tire compounds back in play and heavy damage back on. Really nothing to hit at Willow Springs but other cars.

Test it out and let me know.

Maybe not much for you guys to hit out there but it wouldn't be the first time if I hit pit entrance wall trying to put in a good lap coming out of the last corner.:dunce::dunce::dunce:

So here is my proposal. Anyone that's interested I ask that you do some testing at Willow Springs then give me your feedback on the fuel and tire wear multiplier. Please test other Gr.4 cars too besides your own.
Maybe it was just Gardens that's all jacked up and not the whole game but something needs to be done.
14 of you guys are the regulars every month so you tell me how you want this race setup after some testing of course.

Here is the Race Results from Saturday.

View attachment 771749

Oh I will bring back full damage.

How did everyone like the standing start with false start.?
I love that you're brining back heavy damage. Gives the race another sense of accomplishment to it, when you manage to get through. I love that.

Standing start with false start is also my personal favourite, so i'm all joy about these two :)

I think false start should be removed as it creates an extra penalty and slow down on the grid that can cause another issue

Back