MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I have been saying this for years!!! But the other way around, change London/Europe time to match New York, there is no reason I should be getting up at 5:30AM on a Sunday to watch an F1 race!!!
LOL, I was joking, but you sound serious.

I'll meet you in the middle, actually... I'll meet you where some employee of Google placed the ocean's notice (so people don't get lost when sailing). They should make a new reference time zone here, this should be the new Greenwich.
atlantic.png

LOL, I was joking, but you sound serious.

I'll meet you in the middle, actually... I'll meet you where some employee of Google placed the ocean's notice (so people don't get lost when sailing). They should make a new reference time zone here, this should be the new Greenwich.
View attachment 750527

I forgot to add a smiley, I thought it sounded ridiculous enough that everyone would see the tongue in cheek. Do you mean the "North Atlantic" label? I like how you called us "the colonies", I cant remember the last time I heard that term used for the US, my memory isn't what it used to be back in the mid 1700's, (now I'm showing my age):lol::cheers:
How about a pint and a pie??

:lol::cheers:
How about a pint and a pie??

Funny thing is I'm actually an immigrant from Spain, and for the last 5 years I have applied the "...do what the romans do..." mindset, (and everything is going much better for me). I just love pint and pie, I think that is impossible to beat. However, american food can be astonishingly good if you go to the right place. I always wanted to drive across the states, land in Seattle and drive to New York (and stop to eat something traditional of each region). That's a road trip one wouldn't forget in a lifetime.

I have been saying this for years!!! But the other way around, change London/Europe time to match New York, there is no reason I should be getting up at 5:30AM on a Sunday to watch an F1 race!!!
Also annoying with the Olympics as almost every country that can afford to host has a time difference of at least 5+ hours from me.
Funny thing is I'm actually an immigrant from Spain, and for the last 5 years I have applied the "...do what the romans do..." mindset, (and everything is going much better for me). I just love pint and pie, I think that is impossible to beat. However, american food can be astonishingly good if you go to the right place. I always wanted to drive across the states, land in Seattle and drive to New York (and stop to eat something traditional of each region). That's a road trip one wouldn't forget in a lifetime.
You’d also probably gain 100 pounds from our food :lol:

I think I would prefer New York to somewhere in California via historic Route 66 as much as possible. I think you can find pretty much any regional food in most large cities. Just a guess on my part would be that it would probably be toughest finding real Cajun or New Orleans type food outside of their region. I think most areas can do good Chicago deep dish pizza, Philidelphia Philly Cheesesteaks, Southern or Texas ribs etc. Others may disagree but there are a lot of fat people in Wisconsin where I come from and it's not because the food is awful. In fact our license plates say "Americas Dairyland" but that title goes to California now I guess. You can tell by looking at me that I dont miss many meals:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Okay everyone, let's plan to have a practice session Thursday at 2pm EST. If we get a lot of people we can do a 60min mock race
What is this at BST London time ? Sounds way better than the actual race times ? I think this is 19.00 London time right ? So 7PM BST ? I cannot understand why they dont use 24 hours instead of 12.

@Rinsky: I agree not to change anything when its working well.

Despite I like Tsubuska Circuit. I think this is going to be a very bad track for my car. You need ether to be good in the turns or have good corner drive off to get around Tsubuska. My Lamborghini is too fat and it's drive off isn't great. I Have to hope it's good straightaway will make me harder to pass.

I tested your car out last night because the Lamborghini is one of my other favorites along with the Porsche.
It's not as nimble here but it stays very planted and I was able to do 58 & 59 second lap times on RH consistently in it. I'm running a 57 second hot lap on RH in the Porsche but do a consistent 58 seconds at race pace so your car is capable. However all this is with clear track and no traffic.

If I was you RINSKY I would qualify for this one. I think your Porsche will be one of the better cars for Tsubuska.

I'm seriously thinking about it because I will be around others all race long no matter where I start so I might actually qualify for real this time.

I already do some testing with it including a 30 minute practice race against to what my car will be like in traffic. And yes it handles well but, it's not great at dealing with other cars.

I can't make it for 7 because that time is when I finish at work, howeaver, that time is GREAT timing for the weekend, there is anything scheduled for this Saturday/Sunday?
Thursday evening, practice session with my bike around Dartford, I need real exercise or the meniscus is not going to let me race online one of this days.

This afternoon's practice. Should I make it a public lobby with something like "Clean Enduro Test" or friends only and everyone can friend me on PSN?

I know people can look at the full lobby settings so details don't need to be in the title, but do people actually do that? I've always assumed they didn't and try to put as much info in the room title as possible. Just by looking at the lobby card before joining I know you can see if BoP and tuning are on/off but what else?

This afternoon's practice. Should I make it a public lobby with something like "Clean Enduro Test" or friends only and everyone can friend me on PSN?

I know people can look at the full lobby settings so details don't need to be in the title, but do people actually do that? I've always assumed they didn't and try to put as much info in the room title as possible. Just by looking at the lobby card before joining I know you can see if BoP and tuning are on/off but what else?

Keep it a private lobby. I will be there too so everyone will be able to join in if they wish.

The lobby title doesn't offer much room for any info. I always named mine endurance practice.

Practice room is up. Hopefully we can run a mock race of 60 minutes to test early strategy

0474-5814-0302-8121-0948

Well it was fun while it lasted. We will definitely get another organized practice going again soon.

Anyway @bloodyboyblue got me wondering how the trophy would fair at Tsukuba. So ran a few test laps, although it was only in time trial so no tyre wear for a minute

RH - 56.7 optimum 56.4

Didn’t do any RM or RS runs

It was a struggle to even break into the 57s with the Peugeot. I maintain my statement

It was a struggle to even break into the 57s with the Peugeot. I maintain my statement

I run the exact same lap times on RM as I do RH at this track. For me there is no advantage to run anything but RH. Now RM do offer much better rear grip at full power coming out of those tight turns were RH will brake lose if not careful.

Those starting up front will have the huge advantage of clear track and running 56 to 58 second lap times.
While in practice today and in traffic getting lower than 1 minute lap times will be very difficult.

So I think I will try to qualify for this race because making up ground from the rear of the field will not be easy.

I noticed on RS I was able to carry more speed through turns but I didn't dare brake much later. Good for a qualifying lap but not race pace. RH I was only about 5 mph slower through turns and it's such a small track with all of us squeezed for space no one will run an ideal clean air lap time very often anyway

Usually the best pit strategy at a short track is to minimize pitting. I could see Softs or Mediums Tires being useful for the last stop depending on how much time is left in the race but, that's it.

Usually the best pit strategy at a short track is to minimize pitting. I could see Softs or Mediums Tires being useful for the last stop depending on how much time is left in the race but, that's it.

That's another great thing about everyone must use a different car because people will have very different strategies depending on their car.
The strategy you will probably run in the Hurricane will be way different than mine.
Its always interesting to me when I go back and watch the replay of the race a few times just to see how different everyone's strategies are.

I'm not going to give out my strategy for the race but I will say I can get away with doing things at this track that are completely impossible at any of the other tracks we have ran on so far.

Back