MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
It a Real Racing Series with the Toyota 86 GRMN

@DesertPenguin & Myself have been working on bringing that Series to the game keeping things modeled to the real Series closely as we can and keeping very structured. Should be fun and we are very close to starting it up.

Is that with the racing 86? not the GR4 version the road race car? I love that car it’s awesome!!

I think a lot of people will like at just how in detail we go to match this to the Real Series. Is a completely different racing format than used in the endurance race or any other races. It will put a little more work on us but the racing should be phenomenal. Can't wait.

Can I join?

I notice that the tire wear is set to 2x for next months race. I've been hesitant to use any tire but RH in the race due to degradation but now that may change :cheers:

On a side note I have been contemplating setting up a monthly gr.3 race, about an hour race length (different day of course) that will be inspired by yours @Rinsky.
I would love to join that too! One hour is also my golden zone for long race times too. Maybe Wednesdays?

I would love to join that too! One hour is also my golden zone for long race times too. Maybe Wednesdays?

Good to know :) Wednesdays could work but since I'm European I don't know if weekdays will work with regards to the timezone. For weekdays I don't think i could start it later than 11 pm CET which is 5 pm ET, so a lot of Americans are likely to be at work at that time. But we will see :gtpflag:

Good to know :) Wednesdays could work but since I'm European I don't know if weekdays will work with regards to the timezone. For weekdays I don't think i could start it later than 11 pm CET which is 5 pm ET, so a lot of Americans are likely to be at work at that time. But we will see :gtpflag:

2nd Saturday of the month?

I notice that the tire wear is set to 2x for next months race. I've been hesitant to use any tire but RH in the race due to degradation but now that may change :cheers:

On a side note I have been contemplating setting up a monthly gr.3 race, about an hour race length (different day of course) that will be inspired by yours @Rinsky.

In testing I was able to get 18 laps out of fuel and RM that's 30 minutes of racing. Its possible to get away with a 2 stop race if you play your cards right. That's my goal at least.

The Gr.3 race is a great idea and it should take off as well.

In testing I was able to get 18 laps out of fuel and RM that's 30 minutes of racing. Its possible to get away with a 2 stop race if you play your cards right. That's my goal at least.
So the idea is that RM can be babied to get two stops but RH will do it no problem but slower lap times? Either way, I bet fuel wear isn't slow enough to do a one stop on RH

Here are the photos of our Factory Toyota's made for our Series that match the real ones almost 100%

PS_Messages_20180729_024632.jpg
PS_Messages_20180729_024635.jpg
PS_Messages_20180803_093123.jpg

👍 I thought we had more to do but you're probably right in that we go sort it as we go.

Expect an announcement by the end of this week maybe ;)

Sorry I missed your race last Saturday. I was busy most of the day. By the time I was free and could got on. It was too last min to enter.

Really no more heavy damage!? I liked the more realistic car damage.

I remember reading complaints about there being no car damage in GT4. Now we have had car damage since GT5 and nobody wants to use it because it's hard.

Its such a tough call. I really like heavy damage too because it makes you drive within the limits but on these long tracks it is taking people out of the race before it even begins.

Racer got hit halfway through the very first lap and it crippled his car and by the time he got to the pits and repaired it his races was over. That's 1.5hr of racing knowing your not even going to get another person to race against.

Again I like heavy damage but I think in this length of a race it does more harm than good. Most of us have been racing together long enough to know nobody is out to purposely wreck, dive bomb or brake check you.
So when a racing incident happens we know it's on accident and it's not fair to take someone's time away from them. I definitely want to keep people here and not discourage them from racing with us.

Damage will still be set on light so you will receive the same amount of damage and lose time from it but it will repair itself so your race is not completely ruined and your not just making laps for 1.5hr

Back