Next 1.5 hour Gr.4 Endurance Race Sat. Sept 1st

Discussion in 'GTS Online Racing & Leagues' started by Rinsky, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Rinsky

Rinsky

SATURDAY September 1st

Welcome to the MSN (Monthly Saturday Night) 1.5hr endurance race Club. Where everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.

This is not your typical race Club

There is no point system or Awards handed out for our race's. You are not punished in anyway if you can make a race.

The focus here is to have a fun but very competitive race every month and with members running in the FIA events or just life events outside of the game it is not always possible to make every race. So Your spot and car will always be held for you until the next monthly race.

This also allows for anyone to join one of our endurance races and be competitive while being on the same level as everyone else from race to race. You can choose to run the entire series or just one race if an open spot is available.

The 1.5hr endurance races will be held on the first Saturday of every month. There will be 12 races in a season.

Lobby opens at

7:00pm EST for the US
    12:00am BST for the UK
    11:00pm UTC

Race Starts at

8:00pm EST - US
    1:00am BST - UK
    12:00am UTC

Anyone just joining or who finished on the lead lap at the last endurance race will not be given the new track location until your in the lobby on race day.

Anyone that finished a lap or more down will be given the next track location along with the track time.

This way all you lead drivers will be on the same even playing field and the other drivers will have a chance to practice and make it more competitive for them.

Please look over all the league rules and details below

Dates/Winner

April 7th - Interlagos - Focie

May 5th - Alsace – Village - steviea712

June 2nd- KYOTO YAMAGIWA+MIYABI -Focie

July 7th - Monza - WhiteFlight1

Aug 4th - Tsukuba Circuit - Focie

Sept 1st - Circuit de Sainte-Croix B II

Oct 6th

Nov 3rd

Dec 1st - Nürburgring 24H - Time of day 20:30 - x4 tire x3 fuel

All times are US. Daylight Savings Eastern Standard Time. Use New York as the city if you need to.

Please check to make sure your local time corresponds with the event times.

1. Private Lobby opens at 7:00pm along with Practice/ Qualifying for everyone who has pre-registered.

You must use the car you signed up with for the entire event and everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.

2. At 7:45pm Practice/Qualifying session ends. A Pre Race Check will take place at this time to make sure everyone is in their correct cars.

3. A Short 15 minute break will also take place before racing starts. Please take this time to get yourself ready for the next 1.5 hours.

4. At 8:00pm the 1hr 30 min endurance race starts.

Race Information
    We continue to change or improve upon the race settings for each track we race.

1.5 hour endurance race
    45 minute Practice/Qualifying session
    Track: Circuit de Sainte-Croix B II
    In game track time: 7:10
    Fastest First set by host
    Class Gr4 BOP on with No Tuning.
    Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
    Race Hard to Race Soft tires only.
    Fuel X5 & Tire wear X4
    No assist but ABS
    Damage on heavy
    Boost Off
    Slipstream Real
    Track grip set to Real
    All penalties set on Strong
    Auto Drive off
    Caution flags on
    Ghosting off
    Lap Cars Ghosted Off

Rolling Start -

Please Note
    If your new and sign up to race then don't show up for that race your name and car will not remain on the list.

If you just don't show up for two months in a row your name and car will be removed from the list. However if you choose to run every other month then your name and car will remain on the list.

Members & Car List for August

1.Lamborghini - TheColdWarriors
    2.Porsche - RINSKY
    3.Mazda - Infineon
    4.Viper - racer233
    5.Mégane Trophy - Venster
    6.GTR - tatjana001
    7.Lancer - Cooper2k
    8.Megane - steviea712
    9.Citroen - fastone371
    10.BMW - MrRacingline
    11.Toyota - DirtenDK
    12.Audi - im2fst4u55
    13.Vantage - WhiteFlight1
    14.Ferrari - Macboyilija - Out for Sept
    15.Lexus - DesertPenguin
    16.Subaru - bigbeefytaco
    17.McLaren- Traels666
    18.Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
    19.4C - TetsuKobura
    20.Mustang- RoadRageDudez
    21.NSX - micantony
    22 Hyundai - Clean Racer - Out for Sept
    23.Mercedes - Alpha Cipher
    24.Jaguar- Obi-Tonobi

Available Gr.4 cars
    Scirocco
    Corvette
    RCZ

Remember Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.

Just post here that your interested in pre-registering along with an available Gr.4 car that you wish to use. You will keep this car for every race you do.

You are expected to race clean and to be respectful to all other racers. We have had some outstanding clean & competitive races so far and it will remain that way.
    If you do not take this race seriously then you will be removed.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018 at 12:26 PM
    Macboyilija, Infineon and damonc84 like this.
  2. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

I'd like to participate in this race :)

I'll use the McLaren 650S if that's still available

Infineon and Rinsky like this.
  3. Rinsky

Rinsky

Nice to have you aboard. Yes the McLaren is available and it's yours.

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  4. Conradob3

Conradob3

I want participate, with BMW M4. Still available??

Infineon, Rinsky and Alpha Cipher like this.
  5. Magrathea_42

Magrathea_42

This sounds perfect. I would like the Aston Martin (if available)

Infineon, Rinsky and Alpha Cipher like this.
  6. Rinsky

Rinsky

Sorry it took me awhile to reply. Welcome aboard and you both have your cars.

7. Conradob3

Conradob3

Thx man.
    U need more information, about ID, nationality?

8. Rinsky

Rinsky

If your PSN name is different than the one you use on here then yes. If you want to include your Nationality that' fine but not needed.

I will send everyone a friend invite before this event so it makes things easier.

Conradob3 likes this.
  9. Conradob3

Conradob3

Perfect.

My ID conradob3

Rinsky likes this.
  10. Rinsky

Rinsky

I don't know how the new BOP adj effected everyone but if you do not see a car on the list then it's not taken at the moment and you are allowed to switch.

Infineon and Magrathea_42 like this.
  11. Magrathea_42

Magrathea_42

Since they did nerf the Aston (and rightfully so), I think I will give the Jaguar a try.

Rinsky likes this.
  12. Rinsky

Rinsky

You got it.

13. Infineon

Infineon

Already got 9 people, this is gonna be a awesome race! Looking forward to it.

Rinsky likes this.
  14. Rinsky

Rinsky

We will probably get a few more too. Still a week away from race day.

15. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

I'm changing to the Lexus RC F. Thanks.

Rinsky likes this.
  16. Brzlav

Brzlav

Love the concept, US times won't work for me unfortunately. I am thinking about setting up something like this myself soon. One could set up a multiclass race this way.

Rinsky likes this.
  17. Venster

Venster

Thinking about entering this but not sure with US times race would start at 1am for me but it sounds good.

Could I provisionally reserve the Mazda?

Rinsky likes this.
  18. Rinsky

Rinsky

Mazda is yours.

Venster and Alpha Cipher like this.
  19. Rinsky

Rinsky

Race is this Saturday and we still have some spots open if anyone else wants to join in.
    There are people with different levels of talent signed up (list is on the first post) so don't be intimidated. Just race clean and all will be good.

20. Rinsky

Rinsky

Before we race tomorrow I want to take this time to go over some more details.

Waring this post is very long.

Internet connection:

I'm going to do my best at keeping the lobby from having connection issues on my end. The lobby will be a public lobby so if something should happen to me then it will go to my good friend @Infineon who has an even faster connection. Not that I have any problems with mine but it's just a backup safety precaution because the servers are not always reliable.

Next up is the number of members in the lobby. Before the race gets started I will change the number of people allowed in the room to the exact amount of people in the race. This way because its a public lobby randoms will not be jumping in and out during the race and hopefully this creates a more stable room.

For those of you with excellent internet connections we will be running a chat room along with the race on the PS4. Up to 8 people can be in a chat room. If you wish to join we will get you setup before the race. Spoken language will be English.

Race Stewart:

Because I'm hosting the race I will not be qualifying. I want to be available for everyone until the race starts should any questions or issues arise before the race.
    I also have no problem dropping out of the race should a problem come up that needs my immediate attention like kicking some out for intentional dirty driving.

Penalties:

The penalty settings for this race are on strong. If you get a non increasing penalty please keep racing as normal and lose it over time. If you get an increasing time penalty under no circumstance are you to stop or slow down with people behind you or in the racing line at all. There are several of spots on the track that you can safely stop to serve your penalty out of the others way.
    At the very end of the front straight in the top right as far as you can go against with wall without being off the track is the best place. No one should ever be up there unless they are completely out of control.

Exiting the Pits:

You must keep to the left side of the track when exiting the pits until you are up to full speed. Under no circumstance are you to jump right into the racing line when exiting the pits. Wheel users please make sure you wheel is straight before you regain control.

Caution Flags:

With full damage on and ghosting off Caution Flags will actually mean something so do not ignore them. A wreak or car spinning on the track or someone serving a massive penalty could end your race quickly if you choose to ignore it.
    If you are damaged or serving a penalty penalty going slow and off the race pace put your flashers on.

Lap traffic:

Try to study each racers livery before the race you can do this by clicking on their names as well. It is your job to know who the leaders are and if your about to get lapped by them. You are also responsible to move out of their way if you're not racing someone eles for a position. Excessive light flashing should only be used to warn a racer they are holding up the leaders.
    Also the leaders must remain respectful and not get frustrated and try to barge their way through.

I will go over more stuff in the lobby before the race.

See everyone tomorrow about 26 hours from this post.

Alpha Cipher, Racer283 and Infineon like this.
  21. Brzlav

Brzlav

Will someone stream his race?

22. Racer283

Racer283

Not sure if someone will or not but hopefully I'll try and save the replay and eventually make a video for it.

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  23. Rinsky

Rinsky

I won't be because I want to keep the lobby as stable and reliable as possible.

Someone else might be able to but I'm not sure.

24. Venster

Venster

Lobby opening soon?

25. Rinsky

Rinsky

10 minutes

26. Rinsky

Rinsky

Lobby is closed

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  27. Infineon

Infineon

Great race! Thank you to everyone who participated. We will definitely try to do this again in the future :cheers: PS_Messages_20180407_215533.jpg

Venster, Racer283 and Alpha Cipher like this.
  28. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Thank you all for the amazing race! Minor complications here and there, but it'll only get better as we do this more often :)

The start was carnage :lol: as well as spinning out quite often :O
    Quite glad that I was able to snatch 2nd despite those setbacks :D

Racer283, Infineon and Rinsky like this.
  29. Rinsky

Rinsky

Next time we will do private lobby to avoid causing more complications. I really didn't think that many random people would jump in on a 1.5 hour race. I was wrong. On the plus side we meet some really fast and nice people too.

Racer283, Alpha Cipher and Infineon like this.
  30. Cooper2k

Cooper2k

Thanks for the race Rinsky