MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I don't think I can adjust my steering rate. If I can I don't know how to yet. But my wheel turns a lot further than my DS4 does and that's causing me to lose control some.

I have my force feedback set at 5 and sensitivity at 2. I'm running constant 2:06 at Nurburgring GP. I know that's not fast but I am getting used to a wheel setup and manual transmission all at once so I'm happy with my progress so far.

Thanks again for any help I might ask for through my transitional period.

I would definitely recommend cranking up the sensitivity from 2. Can you even feel the fun bumps/curbs with that low of a setting? Not sure if the T-GT is different in that regard, but 2 seems really low to me. Of course, i like to feel the road through my wheel :dopey: (the faux road? :sly:)

Generally on 4/8, I was on 3/8 but made it a bit stronger recently

Thank you I will try them out.

I would definitely recommend cranking up the sensitivity from 2. Can you even feel the fun bumps/curbs with that low of a setting? Not sure if the T-GT is different in that regard, but 2 seems really low to me. Of course, i like to feel the road through my wheel :dopey: (the faux road? :sly:)

I can feel everything through my wheel, every bump, curb, with sensitivity on 2 but I will turn it up some to see what changes.

I was able to turn 2:05's last night so I'm gradually getting better.. I still miss shifting points sometimes just because I forget I'm in manual..:lol:

Thank you I will try them out.

I can feel everything through my wheel, every bump, curb, with sensitivity on 2 but I will turn it up some to see what changes.

I was able to turn 2:05's last night so I'm gradually getting better.. I still miss shifting points sometimes just because I forget I'm in manual..:lol:

2.05s nice, improving pretty quickly!!!

For reference I just a a few TT laps, only five or so more time in the lap yet wasn’t perfect but decent I’m on a 2.02.5, if you want a reference lap I’m happy to share the replay, although that is in the 86.

I use 3/3 and feel good with that, but i didn't spent much time changing the settings on sensitivity, maybe i should ;) but force feedback above 5 is too strong for me...

Also i wanted to let you know i won't make it for April 6th, i'm away all week end for a bachelor party, so i hope to catch up with all of you in May!!

Thanks for letting me know :cheers:

2.05s nice, improving pretty quickly!!!

For reference I just a a few TT laps, only five or so more time in the lap yet wasn’t perfect but decent I’m on a 2.02.5, if you want a reference lap I’m happy to share the replay, although that is in the 86.

Wow 2:02.
I would really like a replay to give me some references. I really wish I could run against your ghost like we could in GT6.

Thanks for letting me know :cheers:

Wow 2:02.
I would really like a replay to give me some references. I really wish I could run against your ghost like we could in GT6.

No problem I will share it when I’m back on, I think I can get into the 2.01s with more time but not a particularly strong track for me.

Wish we could use ghosts too, although I never had GT6. I might run some cayman laps as I may go Porsche this season so want to test it.

No problem I will share it when I’m back on, I think I can get into the 2.01s with more time but not a particularly strong track for me.

Wish we could use ghosts too, although I never had GT6. I might run some cayman laps as I may go Porsche this season so want to test it.

I really need to know where I'm losing so much time at. 2:05's to 2:01's thats a 4 second gap difference and that huge.
I remember when we were under the first tire model the game released with. I was normally a second off the top 5 times and under a second for the next 5 spots. There were a few times I even held a top 10 spot. Now with each passing physics update that gap has grown to 4 or 5 seconds off the top 10 times.

I really need to find out why that gap has grown and what I need to do or learn to get me back to that point again. That's why a ghost replay would be ideal for me to learn from.

To be honest I’m not as close to top ten as I used to be and I can’t particularly figure out why.

Either way I have just run a few laps with the cayman, thought it might be useful to use the car you drive, a 2.02.4 so not too bad. The optimal was a 2.02.0, so it’s definitely not the perfect lap, in particular the first sector I was 3 tenths up but hopefully will still be of some help.

I’ve just shared this so you should be able to see it now 👍

To be honest I’m not as close to top ten as I used to be and I can’t particularly figure out why.

Either way I have just run a few laps with the cayman, thought it might be useful to use the car you drive, a 2.02.4 so not too bad. The optimal was a 2.02.0, so it’s definitely not the perfect lap, in particular the first sector I was 3 tenths up but hopefully will still be of some help.

I’ve just shared this so you should be able to see it now 👍

I will study this tonight's. I couldn't get 2:02's on the DS4 so I know I'm not doing it on the wheel yet. I losing time on braking and cornering speeds just because I'm not familiar with the wheel yet but I'm making up time from being smooth with the wheel and not losing time skidding the tires all over the place.

I've been doing lots of hour long GT League Gr.3 endurance races to help get me adjusted.

Rumors coming out of Paris that Spa is coming very soon so PD said.

Last edited:
It's been very quiet in here lately.
Has everyone got their equipment fixed and ready for our next race?

I've only been using my wheel since I got it and I have not raced with the controller at all.
I'm getting more & more comfortable with the wheel every day but I still have some adjustments to make with my equipment as I try to get it setup just right for myself. I practiced for 5 hours straight the other day and I was surprisingly not sore.
I've also ordered the T3PA-PRO pedals and I should have them in a few days. I will install the brake mod and reverse mount the pedals onto my rig.

Even though I won't be that competitive yet I'm still looking forward to our race and to use my new setup.
Thanks again for everyone who kept telling me over the past year to get a wheel. Its absolutely one of the best decisions I've made.

It's been very quiet in here lately.
Has everyone got their equipment fixed and ready for our next race?

I've only been using my wheel since I got it and I have not raced with the controller at all.
I'm getting more & more comfortable with the wheel every day but I still have some adjustments to make with my equipment as I try to get it setup just right for myself. I practiced for 5 hours straight the other day and I was surprisingly not sore.
I've also ordered the T3PA-PRO pedals and I should have them in a few days. I will install the brake mod and reverse mount the pedals onto my rig.

Even though I won't be that competitive yet I'm still looking forward to our race and to use my new setup.
Thanks again for everyone who kept telling me over the past year to get a wheel. Its absolutely one of the best decisions I've made.

Are you using manual gearbox and no TCS??

@Rinsky sounds like you are enjoying your new setup, it is a lot of fun. Hopefully my reference lap has helped you out a bit .

I'm enjoying it very much but I still have a long way to go and I am happy with my progress so far.
I have watched your lap many of times now and I run almost identical to your line. However my fastest time is now at 2:04.989 under lobby race conditions.

Are you using manual gearbox and no TCS??

I am using manual transmission now with the wheel paddles and not with my gear shifter. The shifter is only for having fun in GT league.
I'm also able to drive Gr.3 & Gr.1 without TC.

I would suggest swapping out the track if wasn't so close to the date.

I know it's not going to happen but if Spa just happens to drop tonight in the update don't be surprised if that's where we race next Saturday.

My new toy I got with my tax refund. Thanks @Venster for sharing your FFB settings. I'm using the 3/8 combo. Feels great!
20190328_092124.jpg
20190328_092337.jpg

Yeah I was looking at those. I had the brake mod installed on the stock pedals. I tried the break mod with the pro set but I like it better without it on the pro set.

PDI has recently stated that they have Spa ready to go but, it's not the game yet do to licensing issues. Which means it's the fault of whoever owns Spa for why it's not the game yet. Wikipedia doesn't list the owner so I have no idea who to complain to.

I kind of guess that way we missing a lot of real world tracks and Manufacturers because of licensing. It stinks that's they are having so much trouble getting the reinstating so many licenses. That's probably why don't have Lotus in the game.

Which I really miss Lotus because it is between the Lotus Elise and McLaren F1 for my favorite British (Now Chinese owned) sports car. Not only because of performance of the Elise but, of the influence it has had in the world of sports cars. Just take note of how many copycat designs have been made of the Elise since it started production in 1996.

PDI has recently stated that they have Spa ready to go but, it's not the game yet do to licensing issues. Which means it's the fault of whoever owns Spa for why it's not the game yet. Wikipedia doesn't list the owner so I have no idea who to complain to.

I kind of guess that way we missing a lot of real world tracks and Manufacturers because of licensing. It stinks that's they are having so much trouble getting the reinstating so many licenses. That's probably why don't have Lotus in the game.

Which I really miss Lotus because it is between the Lotus Elise and McLaren F1 for my favorite British (Now Chinese owned) sports car. Not only because of performance of the Elise but, of the influence it has had in the world of sports cars. Just take note of how many copycat designs have been made of the Elise since it started production in 1996.

They see the name Gran Turismo and Jack up the price. Its really sucks seeing as they were both in GT6. I would have no problem paying for the DLC that included Spa and Lotus.

Some people in Paris said Kaz himself said Spa is coming but who really knows.

Back