Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
I am one of the latest to join the Wreckfest fandom. As I remembered this was previously called "Next Car Game," I finally got the chance to play around with this game. I don't think I ever had as much fun failing and wrecking people than when I play Wreckfest. Just to try to build up experience, I try to ram cars into walls, wreck people if I can, and cause whatever mayhem before my car croaks and dies.

I am currently still racing the C-Class vehicles and still doing the first Career level. I am not too far away from doing the second level of the Career Mode. The craziest thing I've done so far is race the Lawnmower Figure 8 (or "Figure-of-8" some call it) with a big Harvester in the field also! Funny thing is, I did a Demolition Derby race with lawnmowers for practice. As soon as I started Career Mode, what was the first event? Right- Lawnmower Demolition Derby! My Rocket car is possibly the best car I have available. I also have maybe three or four other cars in my possession. I probably made a mistake buying a car from a rival whom I could have gotten for free by beating that rival.

There is very little for me to complain about Wreckfest. If anything, I immediately turned off the music. The game really does play well even with so much is going on at once. I want to play this game in its stock form. Perhaps in the future, I will try some mod content for Wreckfest. If some of you want to pass some mod ideas by me if/when I get into that, feel free to offer some suggestions.

I am one of the latest to join the Wreckfest fandom. As I remembered this was previously called "Next Car Game," I finally got the chance to play around with this game. I don't think I ever had as much fun failing and wrecking people than when I play Wreckfest. Just to try to build up experience, I try to ram cars into walls, wreck people if I can, and cause whatever mayhem before my car croaks and dies.

I am currently still racing the C-Class vehicles and still doing the first Career level. I am not too far away from doing the second level of the Career Mode. The craziest thing I've done so far is race the Lawnmower Figure 8 (or "Figure-of-8" some call it) with a big Harvester in the field also! Funny thing is, I did a Demolition Derby race with lawnmowers for practice. As soon as I started Career Mode, what was the first event? Right- Lawnmower Demolition Derby! My Rocket car is possibly the best car I have available. I also have maybe three or four other cars in my possession. I probably made a mistake buying a car from a rival whom I could have gotten for free by beating that rival.

There is very little for me to complain about Wreckfest. If anything, I immediately turned off the music. The game really does play well even with so much is going on at once. I want to play this game in its stock form. Perhaps in the future, I will try some mod content for Wreckfest. If some of you want to pass some mod ideas by me if/when I get into that, feel free to offer some suggestions.
Glad your enjoying it. I had so much fun playing it 😁

I recently cleared the Regional Juniors class in Wreckfest, but I was annoyed trying to win the Sofa Car race. I now reached the National Amateurs(?) level and have a chance to claim my first B-Class vehicles. The one thing that gets me about Wreckfest is that despite being all casual and arcade-like, there is realism to the driving and the damage. I'm not going to say Assetto Corsa meets Flatout or Burnout, but having a touch of realism without going overboard is pretty interesting.

I have to say... the Lawnmower Demolition Derbies in this game are so wrong that they're right! Full-contact lawnmower demo derbies can be insane! I used to watch lawn mower races long ago. Never would I thought trying to knock people off of their lawnmowers doing this. Even worse was trying to be in a lawnmower Figure-8 race, but with a big Harvester ready to cause trouble! It's one of the craziest things I've ever done in any racing game!

I did do a Figure-8 school bus race also. This just adds to the weirdness Wreckfest game provides. I thankfully didn't get owned at the crossway in that race.

One thing I noticed in the track list are three venues that had 1990s-quality 3D textures. Bleak City, some desert locale, and some tropical locale are all tracks that must have been in the old Wreckfest or in the "Next Car Game" days. I almost also thought they were from some older PC racing game, like Carmegeddon or something.

Still enjoying Wreckfest!

like Carmegeddon
You nailed it. Bleak City and Devil's Canyon, along with the Eagle R car. Were added in a Carmegeddon tournament themed update a while back. The long rally track as well, is from an early 2000's PC game called "Rally Trophy". Which I think was developer Bug Bear's first big title.
It seems this is going to happen fairly soon with "leaked" info all over the internet
Do not get me excited. I cannot wait for the sequel. :lol:

Last edited:
Thank all of you for being so kind about my Wreckfest experience! :)

Okay. I had a chance to view some videos based on my previous post. The reason why I guessed Carmageddon with Bleak City and Devil's Canyon is because they had that futuristic look to them, which I could only really think of the Carmageddon series immediately. Even more interesting, the "3, 2, 1, GO!" was also from the Carmageddon series. It is quite an interesting crossover of Wreckfest and Carmageddon. However, and with all due respect, I'd rather run over helpless souls in Carmageddon, not Wreckfest.

Now, Rally Trophy (which I haven't tried yet) is an interesting case. I think it is very cool Bugbear wanted to pay tribute to their Rally Trophy game within the realm of Wreckfest. I can see how to make this track have some kind of fun factor for Wreckfest racing. Again, I haven't tried this track out yet. I also heard this track is about six miles long.

I tried out Rally Trophy, and I think I only cleared 1/3 of the track as I wrecked out. My opponent was already well finishing the race. It was still a nice track for nostalgia for Bugbear.

I got my first B-class vehicle recently! I managed to win the weird race with the three-wheeled Supervan against 23 buses on a short oval. It can be easy to roll over your vehicle in the Supervan. The Supervan is basically Wreckfest's interpretation of the Reliant Robin. You have to learn how to handle taking tight turns in this thing to be good with it. I tried to get the Rammer RS vehicle, but that race on the Outer Loop track is tough. The car is either tough to drive, or I'm trash racing with it.

I have somewhat felt a bit experienced with the game that I went from Normal damage to Intense damage. At times, I put the damage on Normal to make things more forgiving. I did manage to win my first event under Extreme damage by racing at that Rattlesnake off-road track. The thing about that was was that I was able to hold and maintain the lead long enough while keeping mistakes to a minimum. It wasn't as if I was trying to wreck others or have other trying to wreck me in that event.

My level is at Level 14 or 15 now.

I bought my first B-Class car recently as I progressed through the Regional Juniors. I got the Nexus RX. This car is very akin to the Honda CRX. I figured I'd get it because one of the events in my current championship level requires you to have a B-Class compact. It's a peppy, fun-to-drive car. It also, however, will need a good amount of power upgrades to be competent in the B-Class. I was actually trying to save up money to get a B-Class American car, the Hotshot (I believe). I decided to try to hop up the Nexus RX instead.

Unless I put damage on Extreme or something, I see no way you're supposed to wreck at least three opponents with the Harvester Demolition Derby event. In my first try, I wrecked one opponent very late, but I needed two more to clear the objective. I also don't understand why they spawn you from behind in that challenge. As if they expect you to back into each other and then go attack regularly. I... don't know...

I finally made it into the Challengers series of the Wreckfest Career Mode! The first event seemed easy to reach the target, but it took me a good amount of time to figure out how to clear it. I got myself a School Bus for my troubles. One thing I'm learning is that ovals with those inner loops can either be taken on the outside or the inside. I usually go straight ahead and make the hard turn right around the loop followed by turning left to get back onto the main oval. Because I had to wreck a lot of the cars, I had to take the right turn first and then go left around the loop just to rack up Wrecks of opponents.

I am at about Level 25 of Wreckfest now and cleared the 2nd stage of the Career Mode. I also cleared Achievements for wrecking 100 vehicles and getting 50+ wrecks in a School Bus. Some events can be tedious. They don't become too tedious to where they take away from the fun of trying to clear the game, though. I'd still say this game is worth a try if you haven't already.

Latest Wreckfest musings of mine...

* I am now at about Level 32 now in Wreckfest. I got myself the Killerbee RS from a one-on-one challenge. It wasn't even close when I did the race. Basically, I made the other car crash out and eventually DNF. So all I had to do was not wreck. And... I didn't.

* I did a six-lap race on the Figure-8 (or Figure-of-8 as some call it) on Hilltop Speedway with lawn mowers. The race was insane! All 23 of the other lawn mowers wrecked! It was my first win in a proper pack race where I won after everybody else wrecked.

* I strangely have become more comfortable going from Intense damage to Realistic damage. There is a greater margin of error and degree of difficulty, but I have somehow managed to be less fearful of Realistic damage. I'm just not ready for the Extreme damage.

* This would have been an all-around good night, only if I had won the Rammer RS challenge. At one point, I led the race, only to drop back to 3rd on the final lap, then completely lose. You have to win that race to win the Rammer RS, and I spent about an hour trying and failed.

* Some of the vehicles I see in races that I don't have in the base version of the game are downloadable content (DLC). I am not ready for mods or DLC just yet.

* I still have not completed a single lap of the Rally Trophy map in Wreckfest. I've either crashed out or had to restart.

Frustrations aside, this is still a great game! I have to say this is one of the few games where I enjoy wrecking other vehicles outside of doing basic racing. I do Deathmatch a lot and not usually do Last Man Standing much.

I just advanced to the Pro International level! I am also now at Level 50. I won the Double Decker machine in my first Pro International level race. Something else I did was unlock a rather unusual Accomplishment in Wreckfest. It's a hidden Accomplishment that I cleared.

All I'm trying to do now is get to 50K Credits. Though, I may also raise money to upgrade the engine to the Lawn Mower. I didn't know you could upgrade the engine to that thing.

Back