Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
new track and patch :)

NEW CONTENT
  • Added a new track: Bonebreaker Valley.
FIXED AND IMPROVED
  • Fixed a case in which the game might have crashed when entering Market.
  • Fixed another case in which the game might have crashed when entering My Cars.
  • Entering the Settings menu no longer causes the game to crash when more than four input devices are connected.
  • Changing the Graphics Quality preset in the Settings menu now works properly.
  • Implemented new Lobby user interface.
  • Removed dark background from player tags to make them less intrusive.
  • HUD is now correctly removed after a forced exit from the Spectate mode.
  • A number of other user interface improvements.
  • Added Mixed Class AI Set that contains a mix of cars from every class.
  • Mechanical damage is now more consistent across different cars.
  • With Realistic Damage, mechanical damage now kicks in earlier.
  • With Realistic Damage, wheels now get detached easier (remember two wheels lost mean an instant wreck).
  • AI fine-tuning: On Easy and Medium AI difficulties, AI is now more aggressive towards other AI players; AI now avoids ramming in slow corners; AI slows down less after hitting the player from behind; AI tries to overtake more aggressively.
  • Minor AI raceline improvements for specific corners.
  • Elimination races now yield more credits and experience.
  • In Career, tweaked Lords of Chaos series bonus targets to be more easier to meet.
  • In Career, lowered the "Cause Damage" bonus target to 600 in Midsize Massacre's 2nd event.
  • In Career, lowered the "Cause Damage" bonus target to 2000 in Midsize Mayhem.
  • Rocket driver model no longer sports a pink undershirt.
  • RoadSlayer's wheels received as rewards are now correctly marked being for "RoadSlayer" instead of "American 4".
  • Speedemon's special parts are now correctly marked being for "Speedeamon" instead of "Dominator".
  • Fixed MudDigger's hood camera position.
  • Fixed Boomer's Style 2 rear wheel materials.
  • Fixed Firefly's Style 2 & 3 front wheel tire profile.
  • Fixed an issue with RoadSlayer GT's scoop hood.
  • Fixed issues with Tristar's brake light and Style 5 wheels.
  • Added rocks to the chicane on Rosenheim Raceway to prevent cutting.
  • Fixed a floating decal at Sandstone Raceway.
  • Fixed a floating decal at Pinehills Raceway.
  • Fixed adboards at Small Stadium.
NOTES FOR CONTENT CREATORS
  • Career AI names can no longer be modified to prevent fatal issues caused by having too few names.
  • Weather list (.weli) and visual suspension settings (.vevs) do not trigger the anti-tamper protection anymore.

Coming to console 20 November.

wreckfest-release-date-jpg.253951

Source: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wreckfest-gets-console-release-date.152296/
November can’t come fast enough. This will definitivt be my jam during the winter months. Looks absolutely mental and a lot of fun.

Hopefully it will get the 60fps treatment for the XB1X at least so I can experience it the way it’s supposed to be played.

It is pure fun. I was able to try an older early access version with limited tracks, cars and a lot of bugs and this game was IMO already a fun game to look out for.

I still need to get it though.

I finally pulled the trigger and purchased this since it's on sale this weekend. I'm looking forwards to it since I liked Flatout quite a bit.

Any news, screenshots or gameplay of the console versions of the game?

I’ve been searching for anything on the Wreckfest forums and the internet in general but came up with nothing. Dead silence since its’ official announcement.

I have this on my laptop and it’s great fun, I’m really into games you can play and enjoy in short bursts at the moment and this is one of them, though you could play for longer if you wanted. The physics and damage modelling are great.

Couple of months away now for console release, I wonder if it`s gonna be delayed, say march next year time...hmmm hope not..
Yeah, it’s supposed to be released in two and a half months. Was hoping to atleast see some PS4 Pro/XB1X gameplay by now.

I personally wouldn’t mind a delay till early 2019 though, January or February.

I need to get my hands on this. Any word yet on how moddable the PC version of the game is?

Imagine this engine in a remake of either:

Vigilante 8
Driver 1 & 2

:drool:

At this point, I'm not gutted or surprised about the delay.

I'm now only crossing my fingers that Wreckfest's and DR2's release won't collide. The latter game is my priority if it ends up being the case.

Currently this is the only driving/racing game left that I'm looking forward to on this generation of consoles (presuming PCARS3 will be a PS5 game). It'll be cool to get to play around with crash physics like BeamNG but in a game that's actually a game, has fun sim-like handling that aren't compromised by the soft-body physics, and doesn't require a monster computer to play. :)

Back