Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Sorry if this is necro posting but this is the only thread I can find related to wreckfest, but I'd like to invite anyone interested to my server "Renegade57sAnythingGoes" on wreckfest, we have a theme for each night of the week so it's always something a bit different! We also have a discord server so that voice chat can actually be in game! Check it out over at discord.gg/DBuHBHS!

Sorry if this is necro posting but this is the only thread I can find related to wreckfest, but I'd like to invite anyone interested to my server "Renegade57sAnythingGoes" on wreckfest, we have a theme for each night of the week so it's always something a bit different! We also have a discord server so that voice chat can actually be in game! Check it out over at discord.gg/DBuHBHS!
Too bad I'm from Europe. You know time difference.

It's up on USA PS Store:

Screenshot_20190702-151719.png

Screenshot_20190702-151629.png

I wonder why psn usa store says dec 2019 when the release day is aug 2019 ?

Not sure about that, but one thing I do like is the complete version at the same price as a "normal" base game, and seeing the base game at forty bucks. Surprising after seeing the huge push toward DLC and microtransactions lately.

Not sure about that, but one thing I do like is the complete version at the same price as a "normal" base game, and seeing the base game at forty bucks. Surprising after seeing the huge push toward DLC and microtransactions lately.
Twenty DLC cars for the extra $20 isn't bad, either. Plus the customization items.

I wonder why psn usa store says dec 2019 when the release day is aug 2019 ?
Sony does that when they there not convinced on the release date the developer has giving. But it is a legit Aug 27th release. But sadly we will see. They did say until they were positive it was ready they wouldn't give us another release date.

Sony does that when they there not convinced on the release date the developer has giving. But it is a legit Aug 27th release. But sadly we will see. They did say until they were positive it was ready they wouldn't give us another release date.

That would explain the short notice (less than 30 days). It must have gone gold already.

Edit: Oh, wait. I'm in the wrong month :dunce:

Twenty DLC cars for the extra $20 isn't bad, either. Plus the customization items.
A reasonable and accaptable pricing in this case. Going to go for the (digital) Deluxe edition, which will be a first for me.

Honest question, how does the game account for the top two drivers pulling away and actually racing while everyone else brutalizes the hell out of each other? Do they rubber band the hell out of it or does the fastest guy (not me) always get away with a boring race?

Honest question, how does the game account for the top two drivers pulling away and actually racing while everyone else brutalizes the hell out of each other? Do they rubber band the hell out of it or does the fastest guy (not me) always get away with a boring race?

Havent really played that much online, so i cant tell

Do we know if PC/Xbox crossplay is a thing for this?

Finally! ABOUT TIME! I’ve been waiting for a new “FlatOut” after Ultimate Carnage (which I still play to this day). FlatOut 3 and 4 are complete crappy wannabes and are nothing like the past games.

First gameplay video is here:

Few new screenshots at the Kickstarter update page:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1470493497/next-car-game-a-motorsport-with-attitude/posts/662122

Looks like the FIA races, could've fooled me!

It actually looks like lots of fun, I don't know if I'd want to play it outside of the career mode though. I would if I wanted to do a legit destruction derby event, but not online races, I think it'd just be straight luck involved rather than skill. But I'll surely pre-order it just for the career mode as I loved the First FlatOut and Test Drive: Eve Of Destruction back in the day.

Jerome

I'm going to get this. I adored FlatOut and waited for a real successor for soooooooooooo long.
I only wish, they still had the ragdoll active, as it was good for several laughers, but oh my.

I think, online can be fun too, if you go for enjoying the mayhem rather then for gaining position and racing clean. I guess us GTSport/sim players have to change the mindest somewhat for this one.

Can't wait!

Last edited:
This game is the only game besides 1nsane with a huge fun factor. It has been a while since I played this game.

I want Wreckfest 2. :D /joke

Was planning on taking a wait-and-see approach to make sure it actually performs good on the consoles, but I kinda want that pre-order car...

Back