Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Just tried it too, it is ridiculous amounts of fun already. Wanted to try it out just for 5 quick minutes and I turned it off with a huge grin on my face after 1 hour of carnage and stunt driving. Highly recommended, I so hope they can still somehow make this game happen!

The game was just greenlit on Steam!

Anyone here pre-order?
They've released the early access build today. 2 cars + 2 tracks + Destruction Derby arena.

Looking forward to seeing how interactive the new environments are after seeing that 2.0 tech demo.

Anyone else recognize the damage indicator from somewhere ;)
next-car-game-2013-12-21-21-35-33-33.jpg

Last edited:
Luckily this game and pCars won't be released within the next few months. There is still time to start saving money for a new gaming pc.

(Which I'm probably not going to buy.) :D

Sign up for our Newsletter and get a free demo version of our Technology Sneak Peek. The free version contains a limited version of the playground scene.

By pre-ordering Next Car Game, you will get Technology Sneak Peek 2.0 with more cool content and Early Access version!

http://nextcargame.com/

I hope this will make it to the PS4 and XB1. It looks like tremendous fun. Such a shame no publisher wanted to pick this up.

Planning on pre ordering after the Demo, I abosolutely love this 👍 Of course a car still can't drive with being that deformed but thats what I love about this game! Every young Boys dream and favorite thing is crashing cars. And no one can say no to that! Feel like its going to be pretty fun.

So is it worth the pre-order?

Just watched Nerd3 play it and going to pre order tonight 👍

Last edited:
Early Access Gameplays of Next Car Game (Pre-Alpha). The videos are at Derby Stadium with 24 cars and tarmac race of three laps with 12 cars.

My question is answered. Onboard/hood and bumper cam.

It seems that the cars are still oversteering when you hit the brakes, just like in flatOut UC.

We've been seeing more and more private developers (not big time ones) making some pretty sick stuff lately. looks like a lot of fun

My question is answered. Onboard/hood and bumper cam.

It seems that the cars are still oversteering when you hit the brakes, just like in flatOut UC.

Yes onboard, hood, bumper all there. OVersteering, yes lots of it. You know this isn't iracing right?

New update today, added new car (American Sedan) new tuning options, figure of 8 and reverse layouts for the tracks. Also some refinement behind the scenes but I'm sure most people will be pleased with the new content:

Tracks:
  • New Figure 8 derby race event.
  • All race tracks now have a reverse layout as well.
  • Lap and AI counts are now fully customizable for each event.
  • Tarmac track: start area rehauled, tarmac textures reworked, last sector redecorated.
  • Gravel track: textures reworked, track surface visuals updated.
  • New birches for both tarmac and gravel track.
  • General polishing and bug fixing.

Weathers:
  • Three new weathers: bright day, cold morning and warm sunset.
  • A random weather is selected to an event at startup.

Dynamic environment objects:
  • Tire stacks now have more weight to them for added realism.
  • Reduced concrete barrier friction to prevent the car from spinning.

Vehicles & upgrading:
  • New car: American Sedan (no high detail dashboard yet).
  • Steering wheels now rotate in cockpit camera.
  • Texture/model improvements and bug fixes.
  • Increased European hatchback engine power.
  • Reworked European hatchback handling.
  • New engine backfire effect.
  • Improved differential simulation.
  • New gearbox, drivetrain, suspension and brake upgrade parts.
  • New paint jobs for cars to choose from.
  • Driving model improvements.

Driving assists:
  • Assists now have three levels of strength: 'Off', 'Half' and 'Full', with 'Off' and 'Half' being the same as earlier 'Off' and 'On' and 'Full' offering an even more assisted driving experience.

Cameras:
  • New screenshot camera mode with zoom factor and yaw, pitch and roll parameters, designed for taking screenshots with free camera and hidden HUD. In the screenshot mode, it's possible to rotate the camera as well as adjust the field-of-view, and by accessing Effect Mode, you can adjust the Depth-of-Field (DOF) parameters to your liking. There's no dedicated button for taking a screenshot yet, so you need to use an external application or PrintScreen button.
  • Brought back spherical camera from the technology demo, it's available only in camera mode at least for now.
  • Implemented another chase camera further back according to the feedback.
  • Tweaked European hatchback chase camera.

Damage:
  • Fixed engine component damage calculation in HUD.
  • Removed red damage direction indicators from HUD based on a general request.
  • Fixed an issue with gameplay damage not being calculated correctly when near death.
  • Further balancing of gameplay damage and visual damage - a completely reworked system will be introduced in the future.

Garage:
  • Reworked many textures.
  • Added some nice decorative elements.
  • Tweaked interior and yard decoration.
  • Tweaked lighting.

Gameplay:
  • Derby AI: tactical reverse mode now considers engine location more efficiently.
  • Removed speed sensitive steering when using a steering wheel.
  • Implemented further balancing tweaks to AI profiles and handling.
  • Implemented start position randomization (for player as well).

User interface:
  • Binding the Logitech G27 button 7 etc. will no longer result in exiting the settings menu.
  • Loading screen will now show a background based on the event you're playing.
  • Game is now paused and input suspended while Steam overlay is active.

Input:
  • DirectInput gamepads should now work and are also remappable.
  • Improved controller settings to reduce steering lag.

Render:
  • Fixed a bug where VSync was not able to recover back to 60 fps when temporarily dipping to 30 fps.

Audio:
  • Engine damage sound effect is now linked to actual engine damage instead of car health.

I picked this up off Steam last night- what a blast! I hope they add a bunch of game modes like Test Drive Eve of Destruction, 1nsane and CRC 2005 had. I love goofy destruction games like this

Are the videos posted of races around tracks done by yourselves or released by Bugbear?
I've paid for the early access but it seems all I can do is play in the arena?

As far as I know, these are original ingame tracks.

I believe that there was another release, after the early access, where you can use tracks instead of only the arena.

Well there's the 2.0 Sneak Peak and the early access Next Car Game. So make sure you have downloaded the early access as well as the sneak peak.

Back