Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
A few negative points:

No private custom lobbies with custom settings to race with friends. You can still find each other online but I would love to have my own lobby, with longer races. Also waiting 2 minutes between races is too long, especially when the races are the 3 lap variety, they only last like 4 minutes, thus so much of your online experience is spent waiting for the one idiot to hit "ready", there is always one.
But there is.

You can rent/buy a server which you can password protect.

You can have all your preferred settings and mods from the community.

Me and a couple of friends tend to sometimes race against 16-20 AI's in Supervans, while we have full armored tanks like the Limo or School Bus, then we just wreck the AI for laughs. Who can make the biggest crash? Who can make the AI fly highest up in the air? Etc etc.

It's a great laugh and alot of chill fun. :lol:

But there is.

You can rent/buy a server which you can password protect.

You can have all your preferred settings and mods from the community.

Me and a couple of friends tend to sometimes race against 16-20 AI's in Supervans, while we have full armored tanks like the Limo or School Bus, then we just wreck the AI for laughs. Who can make the biggest crash? Who can make the AI fly highest up in the air? Etc etc.

It's a great laugh and alot of chill fun. :lol:

You can't make private events on console. I'm sure the devs have confirmed it will be coming soon though.

There is a really quick way to get money and level up.
1) Start a custom event and choose demolition race
2) Select Motorcity tarmac circuit (1.8m miles iirc)
3) set to 23 opponents and 60 laps
4) set opponents to Lawnmowers.
5) Choose a decent car for yourself (the higher the class the higher the reward, only by a few hundred credits though)
6) Set damage to realistic
7) Wreck all the lawnmowers then wreck yourself. Note, you must complete 1 full lap.
8) The game rewards you for completing a 60 lap race, collect ~13k credits and 50-60k xp.

I did it in under 4 mins with a class A Rammer RS.

The Sofas are easier to wreck. :D

You can't make private events on console. I'm sure the devs have confirmed it will be coming soon though.
Yeah, they said it's something they are looking into/working on.

The game has been out for a looong time on PC already. Surely console versions will pick up most of the features on PC.

Since the patch on PS4,ive felt some races have got easier - is this to do with the rubber banding? Also ive noticed some AI are just driving around in circles at the back of the pack,getting lapped...are they damaged or is that an AI glitch since the patch?

I think the thing that makes this game so enjoyable is the fact that it's simple: no grindy assignments for unlocks, no progression system that takes hours to get into, no limited time challenges, etc. Here is game, this is what's in it, you play it how you want.

So many games have thing in them now where it feels like a chore to unlock items to progress. Battlefield's Tides of War, CTR's Grand Prixs, none of that here. Something you can put on for however long you have and just enjoy the experience.

God, I've missed games like this.

I spent the evening just trying out cars on death loop with a full grid and I have not this much fun in a long long time and the more I play the more sadistic I become to the point where I'm hell bent on causing destruction.

23 Robin reliants on death loop what more could you ask for

Hotfix #2 (1gb)
PC patchnotes:

STABILITY
  • Fixed a crash in the server browser.
  • Fixed a crash in the user interface renderer.
  • [MODS] Game no longer crashes when surface info is improperly configured or missing.

• Creating a server in-game now works properly.
  • Restored client prediction for PC. Maximum prediction time is not user-configurable and is capped to 1500 ms.
  • Essential server info is now displayed in the lobby (click the server message to toggle)
  • Quick Play now correctly prefers servers with lowest latency.
  • Toggling ready/unready is now disabled immediately (a second, to be precise) before event start to prevent glitches.
  • High ping warning threshold is now 1000 ms.
  • Fixed a glitch in the chat that caused text to disappear.
  • Fixed chat server message colors.
  • The proper bubble icon instead of the speaker icon is now used for text chat.
Note: latency shown in the lobby is currently as much as 50% higher than it actually is. The in-game latency is more or less correct, so please use that to judge your connection quality.

GAMEPLAY
  • Restored shifting logic from the Steam 2018 release, meaning that upshifts occur closer to redline.
  • Restored tire pressures from the Steam 2018 release so that front and back wheels have more or less the same pressure (and thus, different deflection).
  • AI now races more loosely and their raceline mistakes are more natural. As previously, the lower the AI Difficulty level, the more prone the AI is to errors.
  • AI now packs up more tightly.
  • Killerbee AI is now more competitive.

VEHICLES
  • Steering wheel is now animated for AI cars as well.
  • Steering wheel of AI cars now follows deform (prevents the floating steering wheel syndrome).
  • Fixed Motorhome engine parts and materials.

ENVIRONMENTS
  • On Deathloop, the car can be no longer reset on the edge of the ramp when exiting the loop.
  • Added fence in front of the spectators on the banks of Espedalen so that cars going off-road hit the fence instead of resetting after hitting spectators.
  • The cars should no longer get abruptly reset when crashing into the spectators in the Hilltop Stadium (at least not as easily as previously).
  • Hitting parked vehicles on Big Valley Stadium no longer causes a reset, and the vehicles have proper collisions.
  • A number of additional, non-specified optimization and collision improvements.

USER INTERFACE
  • Adjusted the main menu camera views and tones for a more atmospheric aesthetics.

INPUT SYSTEM
  • Increased rumble intensity for Xbox gamepad.

CONTENT
  • Paint jobs and liveries no longer add to the vehicle price.

AUDIO
  • Music now continues to play over online track change when in-game music is disabled.
  • Fixed surface audio effect for sliding.
  • Properly balanced AI volume levels.
  • Master volume tweaks.

LOCALIZATION
  • Fixed a number of French and Spanish strings that appeared in incorrect language.
  • Implemented improved Hungarian localization courtesy of János Barta.

MODDING
  • BagEditor is now able to open and cast certain legacy files that previously resulted in the editor crashing.
  • Modifying AI names will no longer trigger anti-tamper protection.
  • Swapping the FFB profile will no longer trigger anti-tamper protection.

Since the patch on PS4,ive felt some races have got easier - is this to do with the rubber banding? Also ive noticed some AI are just driving around in circles at the back of the pack,getting lapped...are they damaged or is that an AI glitch since the patch?
I was wondering the same the other night. At first I thought it was due to damage but it's reoccurring pretty much every race now.

So yeah, I'd say it's most likely an unintentional bug that came with the update.

:P

MXH
Boulder Bank Circuit is even faster. Half of the field (lawnmowers) usually wreck themselves out on the first lap.

Does the length of the track affect the payout? I think it might, not sure.

Those who play with a controller and manual gear: Is it possible to get a quick launch off the grid in races? No matter what I do, the AI start driving before l do.

Those who play with a controller and manual gear: Is it possible to get a quick launch off the grid in races? No matter what I do, the AI start driving before l do.

I'm not sure about the length of race Vs payout, I've only been trying out the career on default settings. The race starts always seem to be a millisecond late for your car no matter which setup you use. I've tried my T300RS in manual + clutch, manual / paddles, full auto and even then there's a slight delay. Even when using the DS4 in the various modes there's still a little delay and the ai car behind you will give you a little nudge.
I'd doesn't bother me that much, or make too much difference to your race in any case because the first corner is quite literally a wreckfest anyways

There is a point in the 321 countdown, at some point after the one appears, that allows you to select first gear. If you do that before the start, you leave the grid at the same time as the AI.

Just an observation. It seems to me this game has received the most amount of positive reviews from reviewers including players for a launch of some racing that I've seen for the longest while. Almost all the feedback I've seen has been positive and enjoyable. Whereas in comparison a lot of other sim racing games or similar launches has gotten mixed reviews or complaints/bugs or whatever. Anybody else notice that?

Just an observation. It seems to me this game has received the most amount of positive reviews from reviewers including players for a launch of some racing that I've seen for the longest while. Almost all the feedback I've seen has been positive. Anybody else notice that?

Probably because its such a breath of fresh air - we genuinely havnt had a banger/demolition racing game since destruction derby in the PS1 era. Really surprising imo

Just an observation. It seems to me this game has received the most amount of positive reviews from reviewers including players for a launch of some racing that I've seen for the longest while. Almost all the feedback I've seen has been positive and enjoyable. Whereas in comparison a lot of other sim racing games or similar launches has gotten mixed reviews or complaints/bugs or whatever. Anybody else notice that?

I have been thinking the same thing actually. I have not seen anything but positive reviews and feedback. I think it says a lot about what has happened to the industry and what it needs to get back to, FUN, games are meant to be fun first. I like some of the expansive amazing worlds we are able to play in with modern games, but no one seems to make games to be pure fun anymore....

That’s the feedback you deserve for making an excellent and fun racing game, something that has been lacking in the genre for quite some time.

This game is straight up smiles and laughs.

The sim racing community also tends to be more opinionated (and dare I say borderline miserable) hence the more negative feedback in general.

Loving the replay options being able to adjust depth of field and slowing the action down makes for some fantastic screen grabs.

Still annoyed with the lack of controller configuration, but still enjoying the hell out of it.

Two things I'd like to see going forward:
1. If we can't have private lobbies or public custom lobbies for a while, maybe make some class-based lobbies? Like C-class only, B-class only, etc.
2. Along with that, it would be cool to be able to buy multiples of the same car, so that we can have a demo derby build and a racing build, as well as builds in other classes.

Probably because its such a breath of fresh air - we genuinely havnt had a banger/demolition racing game since destruction derby in the PS1 era. Really surprising imo

There was Test Drive: Eve of Destruction and Xbox/PS2. Was a spectacular game, one of the most fun racing/driving games I've ever played, and would definitely be one of my "island" driving games.

Is it weird that I don't really enjoy destruction derbies in this game, and I'm mainly playing it for the handling model, old beater cars, and mixed-surface rallycross-style circuits? Like a sim dedicated to the sort of cars I've lived around for the majority of my adult life. :lol:

I've been driving the Hammerhead Volvo in homage to my faithful 1997 Legacy wagon.

There was Test Drive: Eve of Destruction and Xbox/PS2. Was a spectacular game, one of the most fun racing/driving games I've ever played, and would definitely be one of my "island" driving games.
Is FlatOut really so unknown/forgettable? I was telling my childhood best friend about Wreckfest and explained, "you know, just like FlatOut. It's made by the same developer." I was surprised to learn he had no recollection of it at all.

EDIT: Update for 1.05 just came up on my PS4; 965.5MB.

Last edited:
Hotfix #3 (10mb)

• Reduced multiplayer latency.
  • Audio for remote cars no longer stutters.
  • The currently running prediction phase is now completed when switching to dead reckoning.
  • Improved client smoothing, reducing the stuttering of the remote cars (previously especially noticeable when viewed from the side).
  • Doubled the number of configurable op_steam_ids.

GAMEPLAY
  • In the "Hateful Eight" career event, the AI can no longer use Class B cars.
  • AI now uses maxed out Class A cars in the final parts of the career and randomly during custom events.

VEHICLES
  • Fixed Motorhome tire damage that caused the wheels to occasionally glitch.
  • Fixed a number of incorrect value references.

ENVIRONMENTS
  • Fixed an antiportal glitch visible in the Motorcity reverse layout.

Back