Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
All of that same advice will come in handy later for the double decker car race. I won that on the first try, but had to learn how to win the Rammer RS before.
Man that event in "Amateurs" to win the Rammer RS is freaking hard. I've tried it so many times since, up to last night, including the kind advises offered and have yet to place 1st to win it.

Another tip is when you come out of the sharp corner stop and go low inside wall to avoid oncoming cars as it will save you from being wrecked.
I'll try that next. Only thing is while waiting the cars upfront are getting further away and harder to catch. But yeah, gonna try it nevertheless. I want to win that Rammer RS.

Man that event in "Amateurs" to win the Rammer RS is freaking hard. I've tried it so many times since, up to last night, including the kind advises offered and have yet to place 1st to win it.

It is certainly not easy. But, as mentioned, try to turn close to the wall coming out of the loops & stay low along the straightaways. Just keep trying that, because the AI like to ride high & that is a farther distance to travel. You can catch them that way & they will swing wide toward the wall. Also, do slow down approaching the turns or else you will carry speed toward the wall & defeat your own race.

On the Rammer RS race I went backwards through the turn around. It counted my lap and gave me 1000 crash points easy. Also I was able to crunch up the leaders every time I went through.

You heard me correctly. Not only is there a double decker race where you can win the car, but in the top championship bracket is a double decker car demo derby. I just unlocked that championship tonight & saw the derby. Also, someone asked about the Corvette look-alike car. It's called the Venom & you have to win it in the top championship level. And I thought seeing a racing semi truck was nuts.

This game keeps throwing me pleasant surprises. First off, i was under the inpression that all of the games courses were going to be simplistic dirt circuits, but found that there are some really reaply cool thibgs in here, like the death loop and the triangular circuit that is full of jumps. Even the demo derby arenas have surprised me.

Then the racing semi truck race surprised e heck out of me, and was a genuinely, hilariously terrifying event.

It seems that the developers really genuinely know how to make a fun game, which is something I feel like i dont often see anymore.

I keep picking up damage (engine, gearbox) going through the vertical loop, even though I am not making contact with anything. Is this a bug?

VXR
Man, I'd love to see them use this engine to make a club level racing game. They physics are good enough, the crashes are obviously super satisfying and the sounds are brilliant.

I was thinking the creators must be rallycross fans as well. The circuits are excellent.

Is it only me or does anybody else find it very hard to steer the Supervan? That is the yellow car/van with one wheel in the front.
Just can't seem to be able to steer it. Keeps going left or right uncontrollably. Very frustrating.

593.jpg

Is it only me or does anybody else find it very hard to steer the Supervan? That is the yellow car/van with one wheel in the front.
Just can't seem to be able to steer it. Keeps going left or right uncontrollably. Very frustrating.

View attachment 849024
If your steering input is too sensitive, it is uncontrollably.

I keep picking up damage (engine, gearbox) going through the vertical loop, even though I am not making contact with anything. Is this a bug?

I believe it comes from the jump between the entrance ramp and the loop itself. I got damage going onto it and then noticed the gap you jump as I got off the other side.

Has anyone worked put how to unlock the offroad wheels for the Muddigger?
I know that the Redneck Muddigger championship is where you unlock the rear cover removal mod.

Try to raise the car (softer suspensions), that should help :)

Try to raise the car (softer suspensions), that should help :)

I tried this. I played the Stunts Deathloop event in the 3rd championship using the Volvo (Hammerhead). On the final 6 lap race I finished with 26 healthpoints (using the softest suspension and normal damage). Granted I took a couple of hard hits but I was worried one of the front wheels would fall off. It seems you also take damage on the banked wooden corners as you can rear a horrible metallic mashing noise as you slide round. You can take the long way round the loop (to the left on the approach) but in a race it way be risky as you end up losing.

Note: my hammerhead is B231 with max armour

Ok now I'm convinced that Rammer race event to win the Rammer RS is the devil. Jeesus Christ that friggin race hard and those AIs are possessed.

Ok now I'm convinced that Rammer race event to win the Rammer RS is the devil. Jeesus Christ that friggin race hard and those AIs are possessed.

Throw on realistic damage and stick to the inside of the oval. That's all I can really suggest. The tight turns are where you'll get the most punishment, but if you can survive the first lap, it'll only get easier as the ai slaughter one another.

Ultimately though I don't recommend keeping realistic damage on after the fact. Some events like the Rammer RS challenge, and demolition events with respawns get easier, but many races get frustratingly difficult, and last man standing demolition derbies result in everyone dying in moments from lost wheels.

And as a reply to my old message about the corvette, you do unlock it in the campaign. Very last event too. The Venom is a very fast and easy to control midsize car that can't take much punishment. With a good selection of designs to boot. I only wish the ai would use it too after unlocking it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Throw on realistic damage and stick to the inside of the oval. That's all I can really suggest. The tight turn arounds are where you'll get the most punishment, but if you can survive the first lap, it'll only get easier as the ai slaughter one another.

Ultimately though I don't recommend keeping realistic damage on after the fact. Some events like the Rammer RS challenge, and demolition events with respawns get easier, but many races get frustratingly difficult, and last man standing demolition derbies result in everyone dying in moments from lost wheels.
Ok gonna try it with Realistic Damage next. I was doing it with "Normal damage" as I thought it was going to be easier.

Ok gonna try it with Realistic Damage next. I was doing it with "Normal damage" as I thought it was going to be easier.

It does help with preserving yourself, but when you throw on full realistic damage the tracks just become minefields of dead cars. Most 6 lap races on this course or crash canyon typically result in myself as the only surviving car. Just watch your front wheels, they're practically held on with hot glue on realistic. The moment you lose one, you might as well reset the race.

It does help with preserving yourself, but when you throw on full realistic damage the tracks just become minefields of dead cars. Most 6 lap races on this course or crash canyon typically result in myself as the only surviving car. Just watch your front wheels, they're practically held on with hot glue on realistic. The moment you lose one, you might as well reset the race.
HALLELUJAH!!!! Finally did it. But it was not easy. Took a couple tries well. About 3-4 I think.
"Realistic Damage" just wasn't working for me as got wrecked every time. So then I put it back to "Normal" damage in the end. AI difficulty at "Novice" mind you. *Shame* :lol:.
But some measure of luck after persevering like a good soldier I was eventually able to get near front somewhere towards the last 2 laps and by the last lap as I took to the front that helped as less pile up around the devil corners and was able to keep the lead (closely followed by another car though). One slip and he might have taken me. But I finally did it, got the Rammer RS gifted and so happy now. Amen. That is one race I not trying in a hurry again. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. :cheers:

I was also going to chime in by saying that my cars take a small amount of damage going through the loop. But, I typically decide whether I'm going for the points in the championship or the bonus objectives. Yes, that means that sometimes I have to play through some series of events more than once, but that is rather enjoyable with this game.

That is one race I not trying in a hurry again. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. :cheers:

Now we await the story of you attempting to win the big rig. :D

Now we await the story of you attempting to win the big rig. :D

Or the Roadslayer GT. That one was the most problematic challenge event for me, seeing as my roadslayer was still stock at the time. Had to play dirty and DNF the GT driver.

Or the Roadslayer GT. That one was the most problematic challenge event for me, seeing as my roadslayer was still stock at the time. Had to play dirty and DNF the GT driver.

I had built mine to be faster, but left it on the off road tires, so I was sliding a bit unnecessarily. So I too had to play dirty. I hit that base for the sign tower at the first chicane on one of the laps & barrel rolled my car only to force him to do the same thing 2 laps later. But the game only showed me 4 laps of the replay instead of all 6. :mad:

I turned on realistic damage for that race and sent the opponent into the wall a few times. He then lost both of his left wheels and was stuck not able to move :D

The Big Rig race was fairly easy tbh, just cut the right bend of the first chicane and then try to stay on track. The other drivers usually spin out or at least leave the track in some corners. I hab ABS turned on for this tho..

Back