Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
If anyone's interested in 3-wheelin' besides the Supervan, try out the Buggy with a soft suspension setup :P

3SIP1CH.png

rmebdio.png

6q9R7ke.png

Of course I am going to try this :lol:

The game didn't crash (regular PS4) however it only took 1:50 for everyone to wreck :lol:

Driving around, it was very laggy and on the 2nd lap going round the loop I wrecked. I was using a fully modified Rammer RS, I was surprised the car got destroyed as the health bar didnt go down but suspension icon turned red pretty quickly. It may be a visual glitch or something.

Okay folks. I got this game last night and played for four hours straight. This game is 🤬 awesome.

First thing I did was join a Mixed lobby with two other friends who also just got the game. First thing was a race and wow. It was chaotic. At some point very early on we all got separated in the standings and couldn't see each other. I was in the middle and got wrecked going around a sharp right hander, can't move for like 10 seconds. Next thing I know I'm finally out of the jam and reversing away from the wall I was pinched in and as soon as I start j-turning to get back on track, I see my buddy fly over top of me doing like three barrel and absolutely crushing the wall right where I was pinched at. It for sure would have Wrecked me out of the race if I didn't get out of the way in time.

I was laughing so hard all night I had tears in my eyes.

This game is a 🤬 blast.

I stilll haven't heard anyone not say this game is fantastic fun. I finnaly played online with a friend the other night, and it was a ton of laughs. We did mixed events lobby and the races were fun trying to help eachother a bit, but the derbys were hilarious. My favourite moment of the night was, i had a line of sight from accross the field was closing in at an amazing speed. Suddenly my friends name appears above the car, it was to late, i was committed, so i just said sorry about 2 seconds before i destroyed him with a t-bone. He was like, huh... DAMN!!!!!! We both were near tears all night but that one moment was just classic.

I'm currently doing the tournament of destruction in the world masters. I've got damage set to realistic and after about 4 or 5 laps, I'm the only car still running. As they are 12 laps races it's a bit boring.

The other problem I've noticed is that it pays no attention to which AI got furthest and just gives 2nd place, and every other position, on what seems to be the starting grid.

Here we see that Ugly Kid was the best of the AI and got furthest before dying.

Wreckfest_20190919201647.jpg

However, the championship page shows Boogeyman finishing 2nd every race, and then everyone else in exactly the same position every race.

Wreckfest_20190919201730.jpg

I'm currently doing the tournament of destruction in the world masters. I've got damage set to realistic and after about 4 or 5 laps, I'm the only car still running. As they are 12 laps races it's a bit boring.

The other problem I've noticed is that it pays no attention to which AI got furthest and just gives 2nd place, and every other position, on what seems to be the starting grid.

View attachment 852189

However, the championship page shows Boogeyman finishing 2nd every race, and then everyone else in exactly the same position every race.

View attachment 852192

Exact same thing happened to me. I intentionally wrecked myself once everyone else was wrecked to save time :dopey:

Any tips for the challenge where you are in a three wheeler against other 3 wheelers and a couple of school buses, you have to wreck 3 vehicles, I can only get up to wrecking 2, Ive tried it loads...grrrr...

Any tips for the challenge where you are in a three wheeler against other 3 wheelers and a couple of school buses, you have to wreck 3 vehicles, I can only get up to wrecking 2, Ive tried it loads...grrrr...
It's a tough one. It took me probably a dozen tries before I finally got it. I don't have any specific advice except look at the damage meter above each car, and try to target the ones with the most damage.

It's a tough one. It took me probably a dozen tries before I finally got it. I don't have any specific advice except look at the damage meter above each car, and try to target the ones with the most damage.
I didn't realize there was a damage meter above opponent cars. Never noticed it. Have to look out for that when I fire up this evening.

I didn't realize there was a damage meter above opponent cars. Never noticed it. Have to look out for that when I fire up this evening.
You might have accidentally turned it off. Something to remember about demolition derbies is finishing position is determined by how many cars you wreck versus how many times you get wrecked. So someone who has a 4:1 ratio of wrecking others versus being wrecked will finish higher than someone with 3:0 ratio, but lose to someone with a 4:0 ratio. Another thing is to use that reset button often. When you're in the middle of a scrum, no one is wrecking you, but you're not wrecking others either, so it's wasted time. Hit that reset and the game will immediately move you to another part of the arena where you can start doing damage again.

View attachment 852189

View attachment 852192

Another irk i have related to this is showing that you're ahead of someone that has DNFd in front of you. Doesn't make sense to me, and means you don't know when you can afford to get wrecked. I also can't see the final points standings after a series has concluded

Last edited:
This game is so good, the handling, the tyres!!!! when you crash into a stack of them wow, superb, the replays, the free cam in replay is brilliant.....etc etc... only thing i would like to make it even better, is towing a caravan...actually I dont even know if they are in the game,....:)

I have a question. I want to change my Online ID on PS4. I know that GT Sport would have no issues with it, but would Wreckfest have any problems? Would I loose my progress or anything like that? It’s the only thing keeping me from changing it. Don’t know about Burnout Paradise Remastered, but that’s off topic lol

I changed one of my PSN names earlier this week. It had only been linked to my PS3, so I had to add it to my PS4 & change it. I saw the notice that I might lose some data, but since I only play on the PS4 & hadn't played any of those games under the extra account, I wasn't worried. Sorry, I know that doesn't help you, but as far as Wreckfest, don't you think you would just replay the parts that you might have lost? :lol:

I changed one of my PSN names earlier this week. It had only been linked to my PS3, so I had to add it to my PS4 & change it. I saw the notice that I might lose some data, but since I only play on the PS4 & hadn't played any of those games under the extra account, I wasn't worried. Sorry, I know that doesn't help you, but as far as Wreckfest, don't you think you would just replay the parts that you might have lost? :lol:
I know that if my progress is lost, I would have to restart everything again. But, that sounds like too much work.

Is it only me or does anybody else find the Supervan (the yellow car with only one front wheel) is crap?
It's near impossible IMO to steer that contraption with the slightest turn making it uncontrollable. To me that's the worst car in the game and the races you have to race with it are the only ones so far I'm unable to complete. One of the races you race with the Supervan against buses and you have to win 1st place. It's impossible to maneuver the Supervan far more pass the busses. Pretty much given up.

One of the races you race with the Supervan against buses and you have to win 1st place. It's impossible to maneuver the Supervan far more pass the busses. Pretty much given up.
I only did that by putting all the aids on, putting the AI level to the lowest and ditching my wheel and using the DS4.

I haven't driven it again in any later series either.

Is it only me or does anybody else find the Supervan (the yellow car with only one front wheel) is crap?
It's near impossible IMO to steer that contraption with the slightest turn making it uncontrollable. To me that's the worst car in the game and the races you have to race with it are the only ones so far I'm unable to complete. One of the races you race with the Supervan against buses and you have to win 1st place. It's impossible to maneuver the Supervan far more pass the busses. Pretty much given up.
It's not impossible, video with some of my tips on how to beat it.

Back