Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Is it only me or does anybody else find the Supervan (the yellow car with only one front wheel) is crap?
It's near impossible IMO to steer that contraption with the slightest turn making it uncontrollable. To me that's the worst car in the game and the races you have to race with it are the only ones so far I'm unable to complete. One of the races you race with the Supervan against buses and you have to win 1st place. It's impossible to maneuver the Supervan far more pass the busses. Pretty much given up.
You just have to stay on the inside for the entire time. The busses are horrible in corners and will usually stay on the outside, often hitting the outer barriers.

Considering that we are required to use it to outrun 23 big rigs later in order to win a big rig, no, it's a pain to drive, but not impossible. To answer your question, I don't use it unless the offline modes require it.

Hopefully they eventually update the available cars that the ai can drive. I've noticed that the Venom and DLC cars never show up in custom events regardless of setting the opponents to C, B, A, or Mixed class. Additionally, the Big Rig, Bumper car, and Limo don't appear in the "Mixed Special" roster neither. Just the School Bus, Harvester, Camper, Double decker, Lawn Mower, and Sofa Car.

Hopefully they eventually update the available cars that the ai can drive. I've noticed that the Venom and DLC cars never show up in custom events regardless of setting the opponents to C, B, A, or Mixed class. Additionally, the Big Rig, Bumper car, and Limo don't appear in the "Mixed Special" roster neither. Just the School Bus, Harvester, Camper, Double decker, Lawn Mower, and Sofa Car.

There should be a new DLC drop today, which could mean a new version.

This game makes me so happy. It's like a game straight out of 2001 but modern with good graphics and such. I feel like a kid again and sometimes that's the feeling I need in life.

Is it only me or does anybody else find the Supervan (the yellow car with only one front wheel) is crap?
It's near impossible IMO to steer that contraption with the slightest turn making it uncontrollable. To me that's the worst car in the game and the races you have to race with it are the only ones so far I'm unable to complete. One of the races you race with the Supervan against buses and you have to win 1st place. It's impossible to maneuver the Supervan far more pass the busses. Pretty much given up.
Personally, I found it pretty easy. Particularly the one where it is just you and all the buses. I did it on my second try with no driving aids, normal damage and expert ai difficulty on a DS4.

It's weird because my friends have also complained about it being difficult. Not sure what I'm doing different.

Online lag is an absolute killer in this game. You basically lose control over your car as you have to attempt to react to your own car unpredictably slowing down and speeding up.

Regarding the supervan- it's a three wheeled car. I'd be concerned if the handling wasn't terrible. For whatever reason I found it took longer to get the hang of the lawnmower though.

Last edited:
This game makes me so happy. It's like a game straight out of 2001 but modern with good graphics and such. I feel like a kid again and sometimes that's the feeling I need in life.
Ditto to that.

Personally, I found it pretty easy. Particularly the one where it is just you and all the buses. I did it on my second try with no driving aids, normal damage and expert ai difficulty on a DS4.

It's weird because my friends have also complained about it being difficult. Not sure what I'm doing different.
I think it pretty much boils down to what others said. The Supervan seems to be easier to steer with the controller. With the wheel it's very unmanageable. Kudos to you for doing it with AI on Expert though.

Online lag is an absolute killer in this game. You basically lose control over your car as you have to attempt to react to your own car unpredictably slowing down and speeding up.

Regarding the supervan- it's a three wheeled car. I'd be concerned if the handling wasn't terrible. For whatever reason I found it took longer to get the hang of the lawnmower though.

The only downside I have with this game is the online lag, it has ruined so many races for me and it happening quite regularly.
I don't have that issue with any other games.

The only downside I have with this game is the online lag, it has ruined so many races for me and it happening quite regularly.
I don't have that issue with any other games.
I've had a few online races against friends in the US (I'm in the UK) and had no problems with lag. Maybe the game is sensitive to connection speed but I've not noticed any problems that relate to the game itself.

Probably my favourite game right now though. Deeply frustrating at times but hilarious at others. Having a lot of fun with the photo mode too.

20190830194839_1.jpg

20190906215136_1.jpg

20190907214637_1.jpg

20190921215322_1.jpg

I'm glad for you, but this repeated sentiment in this thread is sort of strange. :confused:

Wreckfest fits right in with the games I've been playing for years -- mostly Nintendo games, other Japanese games, also-ran titles from smaller developers (including racing games), and quality indies. Between its modern sophistication and "indie" flavor, it is a 2019 game through and through, IMO. I don't see it as anachronistic at all -- just another of the many nails in the coffin of so-called "AAA" money-grubbing garbage, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Somehow, I didn't find the Supervan to be too bad on a controller; think I completed the school bus challenge easily after a few attempts. Not an ideal machine for demolition derbies, however...

Wreckfest_20190914135355.png

I put ninja stars on my CRX. I love how they actually poke through the roof and into the driver's compartment.

I didn't take any pictures, but I unlocked the ax roof attachment for the Bandit Ripper V8. I expected one big ax on the roof. Instead, I got about a half dozen stuck into various body panels. It was much funnier to see that.

Hi guys. Like everyone else I have to say this is the most fun I've had with a racing game for years. Need some help, though with diff. settings for online multiplayer (PS4). What are the best settings for 100% tarmac vs 100% dirt and mixed surfaces?
Have a wheel (T150) but playing with a dualshock as I play with my mate and it's easier to pass the pad.
Cheers!

Hi guys. Like everyone else I have to say this is the most fun I've had with a racing game for years. Need some help, though with diff. settings for online multiplayer (PS4). What are the best settings for 100% tarmac vs 100% dirt and mixed surfaces?
Have a wheel (T150) but playing with a dualshock as I play with my mate and it's easier to pass the pad.
Cheers!
For RWD, I have been running a somewhat-open differential for mostly-to-100% tarmac, the default differential lock for extra-powerful cars on tarmac or a mostly even surface mix, the somewhat-locked setting for mostly-to-100% dirt, and maximum lock only for destruction derbies on dirt.

For my style of driving FWD, I go with maximum lock regardless of surface type. I play with the DS4, by the way. :)

I was targeting this on console, but recently got myself a gaming laptop to replace my nine-year-old notebook I use for work.

Just picked up Wreckfest on a Steam sale for US$3.50 in Argentina. And man, this game is a ton of fun. It's everything I had heard about and more.

And the physics and FFB on the G29: not to shabby at all for a "casual" and "entertaining" racing game.

Love it.

How is this with the controller? Ordered a copy of the Deluxe Edition a few days ago. Hopefully it'll arrive sometime next week. Looks like a bunch of fun.
Good enough that I didn't even need to adjust the steering in the input settings. 👍 Some of the oddball joke vehicles require a delicate touch, but that seems to go for everyone.

I heard this was releasing on PS4, and after seeing some of the figure 8 racing at my local short track, decided I had to pick it up for the opportunity to do exactly that in game.

Man this game is fun, some of the most fun I've had in a racing game in a long time! This is one of the few times in a while where I've been really, properly excited to get back on it after getting off. I've already gotten to the final stages of the campaign, only a few more challenges to go, and I've got myself a platinum trophy!

The cars feel great, they handle like real cars should, and all have their own upsides and downsides, it's mostly fairly well balanced, though I think there's some cars that could use a bit of an HP boost.

I've seen it mentioned before, but the online lag is definitely an annoyance. Every once in a while it even causes me to wreck, and that's certainly no fun. I see lots of ping timeouts in the game chat, and have even left a few games because the lag was so bad.
The lack of private rooms, or the ability to make your own public room is also a big bummer, especially in a game like this. I've heard rumors its coming soon for consoles, but to me it seems like something you'd include in the game at launch.

The soundtrack is also not really all that great in my opinion, wasn't long before I turned it off. That's only minor though.

Aside from some other gripes though, I've certainly got my money's worth. The game plays well, runs well (mostly), and is hilariously, nail bitingly, endlessly entertaining.
I can't wait to see what kind of stuff is added in the future.

For RWD, I have been running a somewhat-open differential for mostly-to-100% tarmac, the default differential lock for extra-powerful cars on tarmac or a mostly even surface mix, the somewhat-locked setting for mostly-to-100% dirt, and maximum lock only for destruction derbies on dirt.

For my style of driving FWD, I go with maximum lock regardless of surface type. I play with the DS4, by the way. :)
Thanks for the tips. I'll try these settings tonight!

Here's a tutorial showing how to make the worst performance point vehicle in the game, with quite terrible body roll.

This makes for a good challenge after completing the campaign mode.

Back