Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Are you sure it wasn't a problem with your PS4 back then? I've got a PS4 and don't experience that.
The only time I experienced issues with Wreckfest (and also Pcars 2 especially) was when my PS4 was overheating and that was because it needed cleaning and the fan needed replacing (including the thermal paste was dry). Since addressing that, no probs with Wreckfest. If anything it runs better than Pcars 2 which taxes the PS4 more I've noticed.

Yeah, sure it wasn't a problem with the PS4, This was confirmed by Bugbear, and other people who had the same issues. It was only the PS4 Pro that was affected, if you have a base or slim then everything was OK.

It may well be patched out now, but now I've got Wreckfest on the PC I'm not going back - absolutely solid 60fps (consoles run at 30fps), and you can see that Bugbear had to simplify the physics calculations a bit to get it to run on consoles acceptably. That's probably why it took so long for it to appear on the PS4 and xBox. It's in no way a game breaker, on first glance you wouldn't notice, but it becomes clear when you switch back to console.

Yeah, sure it wasn't a problem with the PS4, This was confirmed by Bugbear, and other people who had the same issues. It was only the PS4 Pro that was affected, if you have a base or slim then everything was OK.

It may well be patched out now, but now I've got Wreckfest on the PC I'm not going back - absolutely solid 60fps (consoles run at 30fps), and you can see that Bugbear had to simplify the physics calculations a bit to get it to run on consoles acceptably. That's probably why it took so long for it to appear on the PS4 and xBox. It's in no way a game breaker, on first glance you wouldn't notice, but it becomes clear when you switch back to console.
I can't comment on the console version, but I've had Wreakfest on my laptop since it was early access and it's fantastic. The physics are great and it runs really smoothly. It can be quite demanding with all the settings high though so you do need a good computer.

One thing I wish Wreckfest allowed on consoles is the ability to have more than just 9 racers/friends in private lobby. Even 15 would be more acceptable if not more. Currently I think the cap is 9 or worse yet 7 which is a pity.

Last edited:
A few things about the latest PS4 update:
  • Audio volumes are generally much quieter than before, plus I noticed that the sounds in cockpit view are drastically different.
  • The new car reset animations are not suitable for epileptics.
  • Hellride speaks for itself.

full

Love this game, wish you could choose to race against the same car though, be good to be all those pocket rockets..ha...you may be able to do it online....

A few things about the latest PS4 update:
  • Audio volumes are generally much quieter than before, plus I noticed that the sounds in cockpit view are drastically different.
  • The new car reset animations are not suitable for epileptics.
  • Hellride speaks for itself.
Noticed the audio is quieter myself, and it wasn't even loud enough before either. Had to turn my TV/headphones volume up.
And yeah, Hellride is quite a trip.

I gave both race tracks and all the new cars a spin last night. Glen Vale or whatever it's called is a good compact race track, but the headliner is the Hell Ride. So much fun. And all the new cars are fun. I especially like the pig car. It's ridiculous and it's fun. Just like this game.

I gave both race tracks and all the new cars a spin last night. Glen Vale or whatever it's called is a good compact race track, but the headliner is the Hell Ride. So much fun. And all the new cars are fun. I especially like the pig car. It's ridiculous and it's fun. Just like this game.
You can say that again. This has become my #1 favourite game. Most fun I've ever had. So wacky and fun at the same time. The makers sure came out with a winner in this sim racing game.

Bugzilla would be my pick. Only real issue I have is the lack of upgrades outside of paint and liveries. Would have been nice to have a couple of wheel choices and whatnot for them.
There's a lot of wheel and engine upgrades, especially engine upgrades.

Wreckfest Holiday Update - Patch Notes

https://thqnordic.com/article/wreckfest-holiday-update-patch-notes

Highlights:
  • Added two new tracks: Hellride & Vale Falls Circuit
  • Added track voting to multiplayer
  • Added player hosted public servers
  • Added car customization to multiplayer lobby
  • Added visualisation for cars that just have been reset
  • Ragdolls can now be reset after driver was ejected
  • Added support for DLC Modified Monsters Car Pack
  • Various performance improvements and bugfixes

Detailed:
[Game version: 1.20]

CONTENT
  • Added two new tracks: Hellride & Vale Falls Circuit
  • Added support for DLC Modified Monsters Car Pack
MULTIPLAYER
  • (XB1/PS4) Users can create a public lobby which is visible in the server browser for everyone and has a maximum cap of 16 players
  • It's now possible to change (and purchase) vehicle upgrades and paint job directly in the lobby
  • Implemented track voting. If voting is enabled, clients vote on the next event after they're back in the lobby after event results, choosing from previous event again, or one of two other events from the current rotation
  • Improved prediction precision of suspension geometry and steering, enhancing gameplay experience especially with high latency
  • (PC) Voting can be enabled and disabled in the server config (please see the example config for more information)
  • (PC) A dedicated server can be now excluded from being joined by users entering Quick Match by using "exclude_from_quickplay=0" server setting
  • (PC) Client is no longer kicked out of multiplayer when connection to Steam is lost
GAMEPLAY
  • Ragdolling no longer results in the player being wrecked; instead, the ragdoll can be reset back in the vehicle by using the reset button
  • A vehicle that has just been reset is now visualized in ghost mode
  • Limousine car is now slightly weaker
  • Chase camera now avoid clipping into vehicles and zooms closer whenever a vehicle is right behind the player to make sure the view is not obstructed
  • Camera no longer snaps into a position due to a bottom collision to the car
  • Transitioning into and out of camera look-around mode is now seamless
  • Backfire pop now works on AI and remote cars as well
  • The wheels from Steel & Wheels DLC now have correct physical properties including mass
  • The window bars from Steel & Wheel DLC are now correctly hidden when using the cockpit camera
  • Roadslayer window mesh now has the correct weight
  • Improved Sofa Car handling
USER INTERFACE
  • Reset button key is now correctly hidden while holding reset button.
  • High ping warning message is no longer stuck on the screen after leaving multiplayer.
  • Quit prompt is now correct cleared after the event starts in case it was open in lobby.
  • Added a slight delay to the end of the Last Man Standing so that's it not as abrupt.
SYSTEM
  • Various stability and performance improvements.
  • On Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, the title automatically renders in 4K or HD resolution depending on the resolution of the attached display.
  • The game no longer sporadically crashes to "Out of Index Buffer Memory" during multiplayer.
  • The game no longer crashes when equipping "Racing Wing" on the Warwagon while trunk lid has been removed by another upgrade.
  • (XB1) Steering wheels are now correctly reactivated, making it unnecessary to unplug the device and then plug it back in.
  • (PC) The game no longer crashes to "Could not open file for writing: save/settings.conf" when settings file is invalid.
  • (PC) The game no longer crashes upon launching when certain input devices are plugged in.
  • Implemented wheel hub collisions.

I'm thinking of treating myself to Wreckfest for Christmas - probably wrap it and pretend it was from the wife! I have a PS4 Pro and T500RS wheel - normally I play PC2 online with a little bit of AC (Maserati 250F) offline. Should I get a copy of Wreckfest? If so the basic game or is the deluxe edition worth the extra money? (Presumably Deluxe includes the season pass?). If the season pass doesn't cost a lot maybe buy that later?

Any thoughts @davidt33 and others?

I'm thinking of treating myself to Wreckfest for Christmas - probably wrap it and pretend it was from the wife! I have a PS4 Pro and T500RS wheel - normally I play PC2 online with a little bit of AC (Maserati 250F) offline. Should I get a copy of Wreckfest? If so the basic game or is the deluxe edition worth the extra money? (Presumably Deluxe includes the season pass?). If the season pass doesn't cost a lot maybe buy that later?

Any thoughts @davidt33 and others?
Buy it now bro. I assure you you won't regret it. It's loads of fun. I would go with the Deluxe one time. It's what I did and always do. The price is not bad either.

Back