Next Car Game: Wreckfest Coming to PS4 and Xbox One - 2017

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by AKps3, Feb 24, 2013.

1. FT-1

FT-1

Just to provide an update - This statement ended up being very true! I gave the trial a shot and found myself missing the carnage, so I hopped back on and bagged the deluxe edition. It is such a blast! :D

Since I am out of the loop on this game's development cycle, are there still future content updates to look forward to?

2. davidt33

davidt33

Yes. Still early days with more updates and DLCs to come.

imported_rik19, Dairyworker and FT-1 like this.
  3. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy

Glad to hear it. Hopefully I'll run into you (literally) in a demolition derby soon.

FT-1 likes this.
  4. Miths

Miths

I haven't gone through the entire thread, so this has probably been answered already. How does it feel with a wheel? Nice solid arcade force feedback feel like a DriveClub or Grid Autosport, or unplayably limb and lifeless like The Crew 2?

5. davidt33

davidt33

Racing sims are generally always better with a wheel. So yes, it's better with a wheel....feel, handling, FFB et al.

Miths likes this.
  6. Miths

Miths

I thought this was more of an arcade racer. All the better if I was wrong about that :).

7. davidt33

davidt33

It's surprisingly sim-like actually. Really a great sim and the most enjoyable for me and many others who use it. I have yet to see a bad review. I'm so glad I bought this from launch date. Went with the Deluxe version one time and never regretted it. Money well spent.

8. Miths

Miths

Bought the base version in a PS4 sale today. Totally put off by the first career event - the lawnmower destruction derby. What a horribly anemic way to start. All I got out of that was a mild case of nausea and a very poor first impression.
    Thankfully after playing some C class banger race events in the career mode as well as trying B and A class cars in the free play mode, I'm starting to enjoy it. Nice selection of tracks and the handling really does feel closer to sim than arcade racer (using a Thrustmaster T150 wheel). Lots of cars on the track and the AI seems pretty good, or at the very least entertaining.

Engine sounds seem a bit weak, and I don't know if I'll ever like the destruction derby events (was more fun in a car than on a lawnmower though), but otherwise it seems like a promising purchase.

Not as great as I remember the early FlatOut games though, but then memories are often more rosy than reality can really afford. No idea if they were actually as good as I remember them.

dlshearon, Wolfe and imported_rik19 like this.
  9. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

According to my memory, this game is pretty much FlatOut. I admit I was hoping it'd be more of an expanded spiritual successor than a simpler '00s-esque remake...like a more polished BeamNG.Drive.

I mean, that's the impression I got from in-development footage like this:

10. davidt33

davidt33

Yup. That's the one downer IMO. The engine sound is way too low.

11. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

The sounds changed in an update, was better before it changed....

Oj1982 and Dairyworker like this.
  12. Oj1982

Oj1982

Playing this currently on PS4 . Anybody know any decent T300 wheel settings . Or is it better just to stick to pad? Thanks

13. Torqueflight

Torqueflight

I didn’t change any setting with my T300 and think it feels great.

14. GTracer38

GTracer38

Got this a week or so ago and really enjoy it.

Great game to just have a laugh on and surprising amount of continued enjoyment (still feels fresh each time).

Only gripe is that private servers are limited to 8 players (or oddly 7 cars at the moment). 16 would be nice, particularly for demo derbies.

davidt33 likes this.
  15. kikie

kikie Premium

Amazing game but the best thing about this game is watching the AI crashing, making mistakes and drive like idiots.

MXH, davidt33 and FT-1 like this.
  16. FT-1

FT-1

I love this aspect so much - If an AI racer takes you out from 1st and you end up midfield, you can easily climb up the field and regain your position. Plus, seeing the AI wipe out in spectacular fashion is always a joy to see! :D

imported_rik19 and davidt33 like this.
  17. davidt33

davidt33

100% agree with this.

GTracer38 likes this.
  18. Janteag

Janteag

New DLC available: Rusty Rats Car Pack!

Bit of an interesting feature, these new vehicles actually have fully-animated brake lights, for some odd reason.

19. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Was a big update just for three cars, maybe there are tracks etc as well...

20. kikie

kikie Premium

I'm soo interested in Wreckfest 2. I know Wreckfest is still too new to speak about a sequel but still.
    I hope the guys at Bugbear will include a very super realistic handling model as a super realistic tire, chassis, brake model and a perfect surface model for the simracers. A simcade model has to included as well.

Wreckfest 2 with AC 'sand ACC's triple monitor feature, VR compatibility and being a sim is all I need as a game. :D

imported_rik19 and davidt33 like this.
  21. FT-1

FT-1

The Group S MR2 is a nice surprise! :tup:

22. Oj1982

Oj1982

Any word of any patches incoming for bug fixes, sound issues, on console's?

23. FT-1

FT-1

See here.

FPV MIC, davidt33 and Oj1982 like this.
  24. Oj1982

Oj1982

Wonder on PS4 pro can you change the resolution back down to full hd? Or is it Xbox one X only?

25. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy

I can't wait to get home and play this. I'm especially excited about the Rebelrat, since it's a second-gen AMC Javelin, one of my favorite pony cars.

26. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Can you not just change your ps4 resolution in settings, im running my ps4 pro mainly in 720 mode, as i can only do 60 frames per second capture at 720...

Oj1982 likes this.
  27. davidt33

davidt33

Thanks for the heads up. I went home for lunch and updated, installed DLC et al. Even upgraded the DLC cars too. Can't wait to race tonight with the guys.

28. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

My thoughts on the Rusty Rats DLC.

29. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Checking the new DLC last night. Think the vehicle I had the most fun with was the Vandal. Know that with it's horrible corning ability, it's probably only meant for demolition derby's and even against a grid of Class C cars on expert AI, I was nowhere near the front. It was just a blast chucking it around. The other two are great as well. This might just be my favorite DLC pack to date.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    VulcanSpirit and Populuxe Cowboy like this.
  30. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy

I agree. I spent about three hours in Multiplayer going back and forth between the three cars and they were all a blast to drive.