Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Once you install the DLC, the cars should be in your garage.
If after purchasing or installing the DLC and he doesn't see the cars already in the garage he should navigate to the PS store...Library....Games or Purchased Games....Hover to the game and either click on the game or press "Options" button (can't remember which one right now), and go to "Add Ons" or whatever and see the DLC car pack. Then click on "Purchase" or "Download". Since it's already purchased, click on whichever and it will be added to the garage. Then when he loads the game and navigates to his garage he should see them there.

Once you install the DLC, the cars should be in your garage.
If after purchasing or installing the DLC and he doesn't see the cars already in the garage he should navigate to the PS store...Library....Games or Purchased Games....Hover to the game and either click on the game or press "Options" button (can't remember which one right now), and go to "Add Ons" or whatever and see the DLC car pack. Then click on "Purchase" or "Download". Since it's already purchased, click on whichever and it will be added to the garage. Then when he loads the game and navigates to his garage he should see them there.
Aww, I would have loved earning them through the game... Thanks anyway!

So for ages now I’ve been struggling on Wreckfest because I couldn’t do the demolition derby death-matches. Couldn’t get a single takedown.

Only to find out that it’s my own stupid fault for leaving the damage set to “Normal”. :boggled:

Set the damage to “realistic” now I can actually enjoy Wreckfest. I’ve been having so much fun on this game ever since I’ve been using realistic settings. Nominate myself for idiot of the year for not knowing how to change it sooner. :lol:

So for ages now I’ve been struggling on Wreckfest because I couldn’t do the demolition derby death-matches. Couldn’t get a single takedown.

Only to find out that it’s my own stupid fault for leaving the damage set to “Normal”. :boggled:

Set the damage to “realistic” now I can actually enjoy Wreckfest. I’ve been having so much fun on this game ever since I’ve been using realistic settings. Nominate myself for idiot of the year for not knowing how to change it sooner. :lol:
You might need to put it back to normal for the longer races later on in career mode or else you'll find that you'll be the only finisher. You'll also be the only one running for the last few laps.

You might need to put it back to normal for the longer races later on in career mode or else you'll find that you'll be the only finisher. You'll also be the only one running for the last few laps.
That is if he's able to finish himself.

In career mode, I can't seem to finish certain demolition derbies. Maybe if I put damage to realistic and hit a car once in a while, to not get wrecked by not wrecking, the AI will wreck each other and I will prevail?

In career mode, I can't seem to finish certain demolition derbies. Maybe if I put damage to realistic and hit a car once in a while, to not get wrecked by not wrecking, the AI will wreck each other and I will prevail?

Yes, although towards the end when there are 3 or fewer opponents remaining, some of the AI cars will be gunning for you so be prepared.

Some other helpful tips I've discovered:
  • Equip the most effective armor possible. Surviving takes priority over speed in demo derbies, so don't worry if you end up with a low-ranking C-tier vehicle.
  • If you are able to do so, purchase the steel & wheels pack as this features some of the toughest armor which you don't have to pay for using in-game currency.
  • Take note of how many body panels are still on your car. If you are using the front to ram, having no bodywork in front of your tyres will not inflict much damage (vehicles just bounce off the rubber.)
  • Reverse into your opponents, especially in you are using a front-engined vehicle. You will sustain far less damage and once the rear armor falls off, you can start using your front armor to ram opponents. By then, they will be on their last health bar so you can unleash killer blows a lot easier.

Using these tips, I have managed to complete demo derbies, even on normal damage. The only event I thought was impossible to do without cranking up the damage was the one where you had to destroy all supervans using a School Bus. :crazy:

Two more tracks have been added in the latest update. Tribend Speedway and a Demolition Derby Arena called Thunderbowl. (Patch notes)

Pleasant surprise to get a couple more tracks. Looking forward to trying them out. 👍

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know until I saw your comment. Installed.

:lol:👍

Didn't think too much of Tribend at first but that layout is very enjoyable. The A.I have some spectacular rollovers coming off the first jump.
Man that Triband Speedway is a trip. Plenty fun. Those concrete barriers really catch you off-guard too and the AI don't make it easy either. Found this one hard to come 1-3. I did this one so many times I lost count. I think this one is one of the most fun and challenging at the same time. Extremely nice addition. Also they increased to engine/track audio too which was a most welcome update. Anyone else notice the difference?
Wreckfest is certainly my most enjoyable racing game. Kudos to them.

Update is live. 4.26 gb on my XBox1.

New destruction derby track called “The Maw”. New cars based on a 1970 Mustang, a mid-60s Imperial, and a Chevy Pickup. There’s also a big rig you will have to win. If you’ve played Forza Horizon, this new tournament mode looks a lot like the Festival Playlist with daily, weekly, and monthly challenges.

If you’ve played Forza Horizon, this new tournament mode looks a lot like the Festival Playlist with daily, weekly, and monthly challenges.

Aaaand just like that, I'll find myself playing Wreckfest on a far more regular basis. I love playing The Summit and Festival Playlist on a weekly basis, now there's this to add! What's more, it seems like there is a store (similar to Forzathon shop) for you to spend your winnings from the Tournament. Neat! 👍

Back