Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
The one downside is the first two daily challenges only have a little over seven hours on them. We’re not getting a full 24 hours. They’ll be finished by the time I get back from work.

Is anyone else having trouble getting gold on the demolition events? I am top 200 worldwide at the one on the new track yet barely got gold after about 50 attempts in the new daily challenge.
Here is my gold run, hopefully it can help but really other than spamming the reset button the only other advice is to get lucky.

Here is my attempt at the main challenge.

I don't know where you have to be in the leaderboard to receive rewards but this run was top 250 as of finishing it.

That was pretty good. Did you win anything for that Big Rig Challenge attempt?

Is anyone else having trouble getting gold on the demolition events? I am top 200 worldwide at the one on the new track yet barely got gold after about 50 attempts in the new daily challenge.
Here is my gold run, hopefully it can help but really other than spamming the reset button the only other advice is to get lucky.

Those demo challenges are insanely difficult. Best I've gotten is silver.

Those demo challenges are insanely difficult. Best I've gotten is silver.

Same - the races are manageable but going for Gold in demo derbies is tryhard territory. :boggled:

I'm not keen on the pricing for Tournament store items either, obtaining anything requires a serious grind. Hopefully these kinks will be ironed out, this mode has serious potential.

I'm not keen on the pricing for Tournament store items either, obtaining anything requires a serious grind. Hopefully these kinks will be ironed out, this mode has serious potential.
Agreed. I think both the pricing and the totals required for gold in demolition games are going to get a tweak downwards in a month or two, once they've had a chance to see how projected gameplay compares to actual gameplay.

Racing events I have no problem getting gold on, but yes the demolition events aren't to be messed with. Best I think I got so far was silver on the dodgem derby challenge; can't remember how I did in yesterday's one-day derby.

By the way, new DLC still isn't showing for me in the PlayStation Store, even with the notice prompting me to download it from there. Can anyone else confirm if that's the case on other platforms?

Racing events I have no problem getting gold on, but yes the demolition events aren't to be messed with. Best I think I got so far was silver on the dodgem derby challenge; can't remember how I did in yesterday's one-day derby.

By the way, new DLC still isn't showing for me in the PlayStation Store, even with the notice prompting me to download it from there. Can anyone else confirm if that's the case on other platforms?
I did the update. Can't play on PS4.

That was pretty good. Did you win anything for that Big Rig Challenge attempt?
No, I assume the fame is given out when the event ends but I don't know where in the rankings is needed to get rewards.

It worked fine for me on PS4 and my game never crashed.

Also here is gold for today's demolition event. It is still difficult but not as bad as yesterday.

Last edited:
Also here is gold for today's demolition event. It is still difficult but not as bad as yesterday.

First try. I was 14pts away from gold. :ouch: Haven't been able to get anywhere close to that score since. Think the demo challenges require a fair amount of luck.

Loving the update. My only real compliant is that the price for things in the store is very steep, considering how much you receive from the daily challenges.

Still mostly just getting bronze on demo events. It's kind of frustrating. At least I can get golds on the races. The figure-8 last night was fun, but the cars seemed programmed to take you out at all costs.

I somehow managed to get a gold in a demo event over the weekend, but otherwise it's just bronze for me. At least in the races, I've managed to get a gold every time (although it's been a hell of a job at times.) I dunno. It's a hell of a mountain to climb to get enough fame points to get the prizes, and the points come so slowly. I don't even have 3000 points yet, and the three prizes are 60,000 points total. It's really taking the wind out of my sails. I've lost about 90% of my enthusiasm for this game. I don't want or expect to have everything handed to me, but there's a difference between challenging and just not possible.

Last edited:
I like that they are trying to inject a little life into the game, but I'm not sure this is the way to do it and I'm not sure I like having yet another game that tells me I need to log in every day.

The numbers to get all the stuff seem pretty high too, which leaves me wondering if I should even bother as I'm quite confident I wont get them by the end of the "Season" or whatever they are calling it.

The single player challenges just aren't that special and are the same thing you could do any time before, but I suppose BugBear are kinda trapped here, because making the challenges multiplayer would present all the normal issues that multiplayer rewards bring ("I don't want to play multiplayer!" or "I don't have Xbox Live!" or "My teammates always suck I will never win the prize!" complaints and so on).

On the Xbox at least, the monthly and weekly challenges seem broken as they don't read anything out, so dunno what reward rank I've made it to. The first weekly one I did, at the end of the week the challenge just disappeared and I didn't gain any points from it.

The 2 things that kept me from playing this as much over the last few months remain unfixed. The multiplayer experience is still pretty poor, very laggy/buggy and it really kills the fun. The game drives pretty great in single player, but in multiplayer it feels weird and the physics kinda feel stuttery for lack of a better word, where things feel pretty normal for a few seconds then janky then back to normal and so on. Just the last few nights I've tried getting back into it, and I can't even count the number of times I've driven past a spun car, then 3 lengths past it my car acts like I hit something and I get a bunch of damage. Maybe it's just because I'm on a standard XB1 instead of a XB1X?

My other problem isn't necessarily BugBear's fault, but for whatever reason the community seems to only want to drive A-class cars, where the cars are way less balanced, the quality of racing is very poor, and any performance issues the game faces are made even worse because you are going so much faster when they happen. The community seems to be dying out as well, the last few nights I've checked, there have been about 1.5 full lobbies worth of people, and they are always spread out in A-class racing or A-class mixed, then 1 public lobby with like 2 people doing a demo derby.

I love so much about this game, but single player racing rarely entertains me for more than 20 mins or so nowadays in any game, and the multiplayer is just so hard to actually enjoy due to the performance.

Last edited:
You pretty much summed up how I feel about this game right now. I'm ready to drop the Tournament. It's not sparking joy. It's just like the gold medal challenges in Gran Turismo. Too much effort for too little reward.

I love how it's accelerating away while it's on it's side.

I've decided I'm going to continue with tournament play at least through the first season, see if anything improves or I start to enjoy it.

I've been taking part in some of the tournaments; even if the rewards aren't worthwhile right now, the challenges (particularly the races) are still a lot of fun to complete.

With that said, I'm still hoping Bugbear will come to their senses and drastically lower the prices of store items.

Is anyone else on Xbox not getting the "fame" or whatever from the weekly challenges? Two weeks in a row now I've gotten nothing, first week was gold when I completed it and this last week was silver.

Also my score keeps disappearing from the monthly challenge, but I can't tell if it's gone or if the leaderboard is just broken again.

Finally got the DLC pack a few days ago after searching for it in the PS Store itself. Wildking works well in online races despite handling like a barge, and looks a thousand times better without the more extravagant mod-cons. Have to say I'm liking this car a lot...

Wreckfest_20200513190940.png

Finally got the DLC pack a few days ago after searching for it in the PS Store itself. Wildking works well in online races despite handling like a barge, and looks a thousand times better without the more extravagant mod-cons. Have to say I'm liking this car a lot...

View attachment 920677
That weight looks real heavy at 3840 lb. Wondering what the weight of the Grand Duke is for comparison.

That weight looks real heavy at 3840 lb. Wondering what the weight of the Grand Duke is for comparison.
And that's after swapping out the heavier bumpers/side bars and putting in the regular windscreen instead of the default one. Will have to check how much it weighs with maxed-out armour at some point...

View attachment 920677

The DLC is on offer on Xbox at the moment, I've only just started playing the base game & I'm having a blast, would you say the DLC is worth it ? On the face of it the main benefit is 3 extra cars ? Still seems expensive for £15 ??

Edit: just realised my mistake it's a lot more than 3 cars. I think I'm gonna get it :)

Last edited:
The DLC is on offer on Xbox at the moment, I've only just started playing the base game & I'm having a blast, would you say the DLC is worth it ? On the face of it the main benefit is 3 extra cars ? Still seems expensive for £15 ??

Edit: just realised my mistake it's a lot more than 3 cars. I think I'm gonna get it :)
Didn't know about UK pricing until you mentioned it; the pack was listed for free when I got it from the PS Store (have the Deluxe Edition so presumably it counts as part of my season pass).

Didn't know about UK pricing until you mentioned it; the pack was listed for free when I got it from the PS Store (have the Deluxe Edition so presumably it counts as part of my season pass).
Yes it does. You'll get all DLCs for free as a result. One of the reasons I always go with Ultimate or Gold Editions of games. I'm greedy like that.

Back