Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Is anyone else on Xbox not getting the "fame" or whatever from the weekly challenges? Two weeks in a row now I've gotten nothing, first week was gold when I completed it and this last week was silver.

Also my score keeps disappearing from the monthly challenge, but I can't tell if it's gone or if the leaderboard is just broken again.

PSA: You need to go to the statistics tab in order you redeem your weekly fame. I only just discovered this today! :dunce:

That weight looks real heavy at 3840 lb. Wondering what the weight of the Grand Duke is for comparison.
And this is with all the heaviest 'Outlaw' armour parts fitted:

Wreckfest_20200517172717.png

Over two metric tons! :eek:

After playing the tournaments daily for a month, I managed to scrape together just over 33,000 fame points. Nowhere near the 60,000 needed for everything in the store. I bought the paint and the parts bundle. Figured I'd have another chance at the Death Rig later.

Last edited:
Did anyone ever get the fame for the last weekly and season challenges? Had just over 19,000 before they ended, didn't get anything after it ended.

I know all of it was released shortly after everybody's normal was upended. Hopefully they can do the once over to work out some of the bugs later on.

After playing the tournaments daily for a month, I managed to scrape together just over 35,000 fame points. Nowhere near the 60,000 needed for everything in the store. I bought the paint and the parts bundle. Figured I'd have another chance at the Death Rig later.

I was the opposite. Ended up grabbing the Doom Rig because I wasn't sure how long it would be available for. Only got 450pts left over now. :lol:

Anyone got an idea on when the next tournament is supposed to start?

Like @FT-1 pointed out, you need to go to the statistics tab to claim your weekly and monthly rewards.

Right. Maybe I'm just inept but I've never seen any prompt to collect fame earned from those events. I've always been shown the prompt with "No Leaderboard Challenges Finished", even after doing the one with the Doom Rig or a few of the weekly ones.

Maybe I didn't finish high enough to earn any? As far as I coupd tell there wasn't anything showing our final finishing position in said events but, again, I've only ever seen the "No Leaderboard..." prompt, no statistics ot anything.

Time Attack Update released, features the Super Venom:

Patch notes

We're pleased to announce the availability of a new Tournament Season!

While the previous Tournament Season was focused on wrecking and causing as much chaos as possible, this time around it's all about speed and skill. The new Weekly and Monthly events will challenge you to take your racing skills to the limit and post the best possible hot lap time on a number of time trials. But since this is Wreckfest and not just your garden-variety racing game, take heed to watch out for some explosive surprises along the way!

In other Tournament related news, we've adjusted the amount of FP (Fame Points) rewards as well as the cost of items in the Tournament Shop. Let's set one thing straight: The goal of the Tournament Mode is to give you something fun and rewarding to do in the game, not feel like endless grinding for points. So from now on, it will be much easier for everyone to have fun and enjoy the rewards. If you ask us, this is how it should be!

We're also constantly working on improving the gameplay experience based on the feedback, and this release contains numerous other improvements and additions. For one, we've been working on solving the technical niggles that have made it impossible for a small number of users to participate in the leaderboard challenges. We're confident that the issues have now been resolved, but in case you're still experiencing problems be sure to give us a shout. Also, we've made significant improvements to save data handling and Steam Cloud integration so if you're on PC and haven't been able to run the game due to save data issues please give it a go now! Please find below a complete summary of items fixed or improved upon in this release.

Please note that the multi-platform changes for PC marked with an asterisk (*) were already rolled out for other platforms in the previous patch.

I haven't checked it out yet, but apparently tournament payouts have been boosted massively and you can get up to 12k from completing four daily events! :eek:

Made my first purchase from the tournament store which was the bundle for the Speedbird (Note: If you buy a design/bundle from the store, you need to own the car first). The bundle contains a style (decals and numbers, cannot be repainted), livery (stripes, can be repainted), wheels and special item.
full

The special item is functional rear lights, which some may remember from early builds of Next Car Game:
full

Now I have my sights set on the Super Venom which I hope to have within a week's time! :)

.....Now I have my sights set on the Super Venom which I hope to have within a week's time! :)
I'm wondering. If you purchase a car from the Tournament Store (that is not otherwise available to purchase nor in DLC) can you race with it against others in private online lobby etc with your other friends?

I'm wondering. If you purchase a car from the Tournament Store (that is not otherwise available to purchase nor in DLC) can you race with it against others in private online lobby etc with your other friends?

Haven't tried it personally, but I would assume they don't have any unique restrictions since they are based on existing vehicles.

Haven't tried it personally, but I would assume they don't have any unique restrictions since they are based on existing vehicles.
I wouldn't mind getting one or more of them but the amount of fan points you need to get in order to purchase I don't have the time nor patience to go through all those tournaments with the little rewards you get from them.

I wouldn't mind getting one or more of them but the amount of fan points you need to get in order to purchase I don't have the time nor patience to go through all those tournaments with the little rewards you get from them.

The rewards have been significantly improved since the Time Attack update; you can get up to 12k points if you complete 4 daily challenges, or 4k every 24 hours.

The rewards have been significantly improved since the Time Attack update; you can get up to 12k points if you complete 4 daily challenges, or 4k every 24 hours.
Yeah but it's very difficult to get rewards past bronze. I tried yesterday. Eventually ran out of patience trying to get more.

Made my first purchase from the tournament store which was the bundle for the Speedbird

Awesome pics. 👍 Didn't realize it came with wheels and functioning lights. Thought it was just a livery. Super Venom is the top priority but the Speedbird pack and the Rammer skin that I couldn't afford last month will definitely be my purchases after that.

Made my first purchase from the tournament store which was the bundle for the Speedbird (Note: If you buy a design/bundle from the store, you need to own the car first). The bundle contains a style (decals and numbers, cannot be repainted), livery (stripes, can be repainted), wheels and special item.
full

The special item is functional rear lights, which some may remember from early builds of Next Car Game:
full

Now I have my sights set on the Super Venom which I hope to have within a week's time! :)
I had to earn a quick 4000 credits so I could buy the right car so I could get this bundle. It looks great, too. With the tournament giving out more points faster, this is no longer a slog. I just need the Death Rig (or whatever it’s called) and the Super Venom. That’s 30,000 and 60,000 credits each. But I’ve already earned 20,000 credits in just three days. This is actually doable, and that makes it more fun. I’ve even started getting golds in the demolition derbies. I’ve managed to get a gold on the weekly time attack, and I’m only a half second from gold on the monthly time attack. Either I’ve gotten better, or the tournament has gotten easier. Pretty sure it’s the latter.

I’ve managed to get a gold on the weekly time attack

👍

Would rather forget that challenge. My best time is 1:15. I just can not handle FWD vehicles. :crazy: Went a lot better with the monthly challenge. Last time I checked I was 30th with a 59:73. No idea what the targets are so I don't know if that's a good enough time for anything.

I can't wait to get the Super Venom since I love Greenwood Corvettes... but I'm bracing myself for it to either not be downgrade-able or to just not be competitive in C-class at all, which is the only class I run anymore.

👍

Would rather forget that challenge. My best time is 1:15. I just can not handle FWD vehicles. :crazy: Went a lot better with the monthly challenge. Last time I checked I was 30th with a 59:73. No idea what the targets are so I don't know if that's a good enough time for anything.

The targets move depending on what other people get, but I'm quite sure that's more than enough to lock up a gold in the monthly challenge, even at this early stage.

Went and tried again yesterday. Was able to get my first Gold. Amen.
This was in the race driving the Hammer on Bonebreaker Valley (First race on the top left in Tournament). Was able to get a couple Golds actually on it.

For the monthly challenge, I need to get under 1:03.012 for a gold, so I’m pretty sure your under one minute time is more than good enough for gold. For the CRX challenge, I found that braking earlier and keeping my lines tight to the inside of the turns worked best.

For those struggling with the CRX one, you can cut the first line of barrels on the right without getting any time penalty and it sets you up pretty nicely for the rest of the barrel chicane-y thing. It's not going to shave whole seconds off or anything like that, but it could be the little bump you need to make it to a higher trophy.

Even with the cut I only got like 1:11 or something, and there are people in the 1:05s on Xbox... I'm telling myself there are other cutting opportunities that I haven't found yet.

Got down to 59.0 on the Corvette one, which was 5th when I set it 2 days ago and I've fallen back to 12th now, 1.1 seconds off the top time, so I feel I shouldn't be 6 whole seconds off the pace in the CRX.

The route for the Corvette one would be an interesting race track I think, even with the penalty times working during races as well. It would be an interesting strategy opportunity to "cut" and get a penalty to potentially avoid carnage, and deciding when it is worth it to make that trade would be critical. Also can push your opponents off to give them penalty time.

As someone who played the hell out of the fantastic Test Drive: Eve of Destruction, this game could use some more race/event types.

Went and tried again yesterday. Was able to get my first Gold. Amen.
This was in the race driving the Hammer on Bonebreaker Valley (First race on the top left in Tournament). Was able to get a couple Golds actually on it.

The races are usually pretty easy so I'd suggest taking a swing at them when you can. Some of the gimmicky ones with the Honeypot and etc can be a little tricky, but usually a conservative approach works... Just avoid getting into big tangles and let the AI wreck each other.

The demo derbies can be tough, and sometimes they can be very luck-oriented so I usually just make like 2 or 3 attempts at those and take whatever I get, especially if it's one of the arenas I don't like. I find the best approach for those is to spend the first 30-60 seconds cruising around avoiding head-on collisions and looking for T-bone opportunities as those generally deal a lot of damage and won't hurt your car as much. Then as you start to see a few heavily damaged AI cars, start going full aggression to get the kills.

With the way the rewards work now, even if you can't get Gold and are only getting Bronze you are still getting more than twice the Fame that you used to get for a Gold, so you can still make great progress towards snagging the rewards. The Livery/"Pack" rewards were also dropped in price, so if you want those they are much more reasonable now.

Last edited:
I finally got the Super Venom down to a 1:02.6 which is enough for a gold for me. I can't even imagine what people are doing to get under a minute, and I've been watching YouTube turorials.

I finally got the Super Venom down to a 1:02.6 which is enough for a gold for me. I can't even imagine what people are doing to get under a minute, and I've been watching YouTube turorials.
I'm very interested to know if or when anyone gets to buy the Super Venom and get a chance to race with it in a couple races how they feel about it in terms of speed, handling etc. Thinking of building up enough favs in order to buy and wondering if it's worth it. So please if any of you do get it, please let us know your feelings.

So please if any of you do get it, please let us know your feelings.
I'm less than 4000 from getting the Doom Rig, so I should be able to get it tonight. After that I'll work up the fame to get the Super Venom. Should be in less than two weeks. I'll be sure to let you know when I get it.

I'm less than 4000 from getting the Doom Rig, so I should be able to get it tonight. After that I'll work up the fame to get the Super Venom. Should be in less than two weeks. I'll be sure to let you know when I get it.
Thanks. Will appreciate when you do.
I think I'm beginning to enjoy the tournament events now. Did some more today and got gold in daily race and high enough for some extra points in demolition derbies. So I'll continue daily and build up points to purchase whatever.
As for the weekly and season events as it stands I'm not too keen on those as they're too tedious or out of reach.

Latest Posts

Back