Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Just a heads up, the Super Venom can’t be upgraded.

It CAN be tuned and painted however. ;)

Still planning on using it to replace the normal Venom in A class however.

Just a heads up, the Super Venom can’t be upgraded.

It CAN be tuned and painted however. ;)

Still planning on using it to replace the normal Venom in A class however.
Well that's crappy. So it's already maxed out eh? How is it in terms of handling/stability though? I own the standard Venom (and maxed it out of course) but I don't think I like how it handles. I think it's a bit slippery. I'd hate save up all those points to buy the Super Venom only to find I don't like it.

So the Super Venom is forever stuck at 263? :yuck:

At least it feels pretty agile like the Raiden RS, so it may not need upgrades to be competitive. Hopefully I'll bag my own Super Venom today or tomorrow :)

I'm just under 20,000 credits, so still a ways away for me, but I'll get there soon enough. I've been having some hard luck with demos lately, only getting bronze at best.

I'm just under 20,000 credits, so still a ways away for me, but I'll get there soon enough. I've been having some hard luck with demos lately, only getting bronze at best.

I find demolition derbies that take place on the Dirt Devil Stadium much harder than the rest because the arena is too big which spreads out the opponents too much. What's worse is that the humps make it harder to see and collide with other cars.

Anyway, I managed to get the Super Venom today and I must say it has the nicest range of paint styles and liveries of any vehicle so far. Other than the original design, all the styles are race-themed with decals and numbers. The liveries are good too, there are a lot of designs which are mostly varieties of stripes. It's a shame not much else can be done beyond that and tuning.

Still haven't had the 10000 for getting gold in the last weekly, and it's not showing up in the statistics tab :(

As far as I could tell, we didn't have to do anything specific for these to show up in stats...? but it was a bit random when they would!

Oh well, four more dailies and I'll have the super venom :)

I find demolition derbies that take place on the Dirt Devil Stadium much harder than the rest because the arena is too big which spreads out the opponents too much. What's worse is that the humps make it harder to see and collide with other cars.

Anyway, I managed to get the Super Venom today and I must say it has the nicest range of paint styles and liveries of any vehicle so far. Other than the original design, all the styles are race-themed with decals and numbers. The liveries are good too, there are a lot of designs which are mostly varieties of stripes. It's a shame not much else can be done beyond that and tuning.
When you get a chance to race with the Super Venom in a couple races and different tracks please report back your findings on handling/stability, speed etc against other cars..

Still haven't had the 10000 for getting gold in the last weekly, and it's not showing up in the statistics tab :(

As far as I could tell, we didn't have to do anything specific for these to show up in stats...? but it was a bit random when they would!

Oh well, four more dailies and I'll have the super venom :)

What always works for me is to click on a daily event, so it shows the screen with the goal and etc, then press B like I'm trying to get back to the main Tournament mode menu... instead of showing me the menu the "You earned Gold!" or whatever screen pops up and gives me the points.

I'm on Xbox though.

What always works for me is to click on a daily event, so it shows the screen with the goal and etc, then press B like I'm trying to get back to the main Tournament mode menu... instead of showing me the menu the "You earned Gold!" or whatever screen pops up and gives me the points.

I'm on Xbox though.

Thanks. I'm on PC but it seems to work the same as that, normally. I've had it pop up when coming out of the stats tab so I guess it's any time it changes back to the main tournament tab. I must've done that a hundred times or more since it should have popped!

Disappointed that it can't be upgraded but good to know that it has some livery and paint options. Not a fan of the default livery. I'm just over 34,000pts at the moment. Maybe another week or so before I can finally get my hands on it.

I’m just over 34,000pts at the moment.
I’m at 27,000 so I’m closing in on halfway. Thankfully I was able to get a gold time on the weekly challenge at Dirt Devil Speedway. That’s 10,000 points right there. That was a lot of work, too. Anyone else have trouble with that one?

I’m at 27,000 so I’m closing in on halfway. Thankfully I was able to get a gold time on the weekly challenge at Dirt Devil Speedway. That’s 10,000 points right there. That was a lot of work, too. Anyone else have trouble with that one?

I'm still 0.5 secs off gold for that one and it's become annoying. Good job on getting gold!

When you get a chance to race with the Super Venom in a couple races and different tracks please report back your findings on handling/stability, speed etc against other cars..

Compared to a Venom upgraded to a comparable level, the Super Venom feels more responsive in terms of steering, making it more favourable in more technical tracks. However, it's far from Raiden RS levels of agility.

Also worth noting the Super Venom comes with far shorter gear ratios, which may explain its liveliness compared to the regular car.

Last edited:
Compared to a Venom upgraded to a comparable level, the Super Venom feels more responsive in terms of steering, making it more favourable in more technical tracks. However, it's far from Raiden RS levels of agility.

Also worth noting the Super Venom comes with far shorter gear ratios, which may explain its liveliness compared to the regular car.
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll pass on the Super Venom yes. Apart from racing with the standard Venom a couple times before and finding it much too skiddy and was not impressed, one of the daily races today had it as the car to drive so once again tried it....and again skiddy/fidgety all over the place. Eventually gave up. Not going to waste all that invested time to build up some 60,000 faves to buy that. I'll sorely regret it. So I prefer to tally along and if another car that seems better gets included in the Store I'll wait and see. I'm at 20something thousand faves right now so will continue daily races to build up the kitty in the meantime.

I barely edged over 60,000 fame points last night, so I bought the Super Venom. I didn't have any time to drive it though. That will happen tonight. I plan on using it in a lot of multiplayer races. The downside to the tournament is it doesn't pay out any credits. Just fame and experience. There are still four cars in the autoshow I haven't bought. I think I have less than 4,000 credits to my name. So I'll work on banking fame points for future prizes and earning credits to finally get those last four cars.

If you want an easy way for big money & XP in a short time, there is a way to do it.

Step 1: Set up a 60 lap race at Motorcity circuit, realistic damage against Lawnmowers.

Step 2: Bring a car with some heavy amour.

Step 3: Wreck all the lawnmowers,(Wouldn’t advise going backwards round the track.)

Step 4: After wrecking all Mowers, go further up the track from the last wrecked Mower and then wreck yourself out.

If done correctly, you’ll get the payout as if you did the full race distance, over 12k cash and around 70k xp(depending on how many Mowers you’ve wrecked. ;))

Best part? with a little luck you can do it quicker than a 2 minute deathmatch while getting around 5x the payout of it.

But I understand if people want to earn it the normal way, I only learned about it when I had 4 cars left to buy. :P

If you want an easy way for big money & XP in a short time, there is a way to do it.

Step 1: Set up a 60 lap race at Motorcity circuit, realistic damage against Lawnmowers.

Step 3: Wreck all the lawnmowers,(Wouldn’t advise going backwards round the track.)

Step 4: After wrecking all Mowers, go further up the track from the last wrecked Mower and then wreck yourself out.

If done correctly, you’ll get the payout as if you did the full race distance, over 12k cash and around 70k xp(depending on how many Mowers you’ve wrecked. ;))

Best part? with a little luck you can do it quicker than a 2 minute deathmatch while getting around 5x the payout of it.

But I understand if people want to earn it the normal way, I only learned about it when I had 4 cars left to buy. :P
I am absolutely going to try this tonight.

Was there a bug fix for PS4? I can finally see the trophy targets for weekly and monthly challenges now. Was also awarded a little over 30k for the Doom Rig challenge and a bunch of the weekly ones. Gave me enough not only to buy the Super Venom but also the Superbird bundle and the Meat Grinder thing for the Roadcutter. Only thing I've got left to purchase now is the Rammer Skin.

I have had a minor problem with the game ever since the Tournament was added. I have my settings set to no music. It used to be once the game got to 65% loading, the music would automatically shut off. But now the music won't shut off until I actually go to the settings page. I don't have to change anything, the music automatically stops as soon as I go to the settings page. Just a small annoyance.

I raced the Super-Venom last night. That car is very eager to power oversteer. You have to be very gentle with the throttle. I also noticed that in multiplayer, I was always the only person in the car, and I was always the pinball of the field. Everyone attacked me, and it was constant. I think people have a grudge against the car.

Last edited:

I've been using this for the last couple nights, already made enough to buy two of the fours cars I was still missing. I'll probably go all out tonight and get the last two. This saves so much time.

Only thing I've got left to purchase now is the Rammer Skin.

Now that's done. I'm kind of at a loss of what to do. Don't really need to do the daily challenges anymore. Might just play around with the weekly time trial's when they come up.

I got the final two cars in the dealership, so I own every car. Except I think there was a reward car for people who pre-ordered the game, which I didn't. I'm going to keep putting in a few minutes every day, build up my fame points so I can get new stuff when it arrives instead of having to grind for it.

Was there a bug fix for PS4? I can finally see the trophy targets for weekly and monthly challenges now. Was also awarded a little over 30k for the Doom Rig challenge and a bunch of the weekly ones. Gave me enough not only to buy the Super Venom but also the Superbird bundle and the Meat Grinder thing for the Roadcutter. Only thing I've got left to purchase now is the Rammer Skin.

I haven't been on since the update that was supposed to but didn't fix the tournament on PS4. Is it fixed now?

There are two new items in the Tournament store. The Hunter Panther, and the "Tour" paint for the Speed Demon.

From left to right, it looks like a generic sprint car, I'm not sure about the sedan, maybe a German or British Ford? The hearse is an Austin Princess, and the Hunter Panther is a Jaguar XJ-S with extra goodies. I'm looking forward to getting home after work so I can give them a try.

From left to right, it looks like a generic sprint car, I'm not sure about the sedan, maybe a German or British Ford? The hearse is an Austin Princess, and the Hunter Panther is a Jaguar XJ-S with extra goodies. I'm looking forward to getting home after work so I can give them a try.

Based on the shape and it being a british-themed pack, the closest match I could come up with is a Ford Granada.
e7a17e8a1631d33bb8d145d6a8664634.jpg

Based on the shape and it being a british-themed pack, the closest match I could come up with is a Ford Granada.
e7a17e8a1631d33bb8d145d6a8664634.jpg

It’s pretty much a Granada, I’ve narrowed it down to a MK1 Granada based on the rear light cluster and front facia, except UK Spec Granada’s didn’t have huge V8’s like we can choose in game. :P

Mind you, the South Africa market Mk1 got a 5.0 V8 option. ;)

So the update, all the parts on the new cars at least for me are already bought so no paying to upgrade them, not the case for the Hunter Panther.

The Hearse when fully armoured is the new strength king at 8.1 so you may want to swap out your B or C demo car for this one, and of course you can add a casket in the back. 👍

Back