Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Reinstalled this after months of not having any racing games installed on the PS4. Been having a lot of fun lately, but some of these tournaments are way too hard, almost impossible in some cases. Also, the Roadslayer GT still has it's ridiculous weight, darn.

Finally got my hands on the newish Super Venom a few days ago, and I have to say, it's pretty OP. It's great to drive, handles the bumps and jumps well, is good through the bends and is completely and utterly unstoppable on the straights. This thing hits 135MPH in places where the Roadslayer or Speedbird barely hit 130, and can hit over 140 in some places, it's nuts.

You'd think they'd balance it out by having it be very weak or something, but nah, strength is fairly average.

I wonder what other hot versions of existing cars will come out in the future? I also wonder if they'll be up to the new standard of speed the Super Venom has set.

Wreckfest Season 2 pass is now available for £9.99 in the UK and the first content pack for it has dropped as well.

The pass will cover 12 new cars

Wfest.png

That Hillside track looks like it's based on Seattle. I'll have to wait until Friday to get the new DLC.

RELEASE NOTES

Game version

PC: 1.264871

CONTENT
  • Added support for the DLC pack "Getaway Car Pack" containing three new cars: Bullet, Razor and Cardinal.
  • Added a new free track: Hillstreet Circuit with both forward and reverse layouts.
    The internal designations for the routes are urban08_1 and urban08_1_rev

TOURNAMENT
  • New tournament season: Getaway Heat.
  • New free tournament reward car: Rocket RX.
  • New free tournament reward bundles and paint jobs.
  • Score Streak events now last the correct time instead of always three minutes.

SYSTEM
  • Fixed an issue in which save data was reset. This issue seemed to affect especially save data dating back to the game launch. Our apologies for anyone affected by this issue.
  • Fixed an issue in which the game failed to launch due to "assists.aids" being corrupted.
  • Fixed an issue in which the game crashed to "OUT OF MEMORY" during launch.
  • Title no longer crashes to "Out of Vertex Buffer Memory" with specific track and vehicle combinations.

GAMEPLAY
  • Dynamic objects such as tires no longer throw the car off-path after hitting the wheel of the car.
  • AI is slightly less aggressive towards the player on Novice and Amateur difficulty.
  • AI now uses Firefly also in the Class A.

MULTIPLAYER
  • The server no longer incorrectly loads a tournament track when trying to change the track.
  • BagEdit now supports a ban list with a maximum of 8,192 entries.

VEHICLES
  • In general, visual parts such as spoilers no longer detach from a slightest nudge.
  • Improved Big Rig handling and bottom collisions.
  • Added Class B and Class A engine upgrades for Motorhome, and made AI also use them.
  • Improved Sweeper suspension setups and bottom collisions.
  • Increased Sweeper suspension ride height and adjusted bottom collision.
  • Sweeper exhaust geometry no longer glitches out as easily after deforming.
  • Bumpers of Venom and Hunter Panther no longer detach too easily.
  • Improved Hunter Panther scoop hood texturing.
  • Improved Hunter Panther grille upgrades.
  • Fixed Hunter Panther fender flares clipping.
  • The front bumper of El Matador longer floats in the air.
  • The roll cages of Raiden RS no longer cut through the interior window.
  • Improved Hellvester visual damage. Also, the exhaust pipe no longer detaches too easily.
  • Missing side protectors for Speedbird are now available again.
  • Wildking exhaust stacks no longer clip with the sway bars.
  • Improved Rocket DLC rear wing positioning.

USER INTERFACE
  • A number of menu transitions are smoother.
  • In Server Browser, a server can now be added as a favorite. Favorites are always shown on top and sorted according to the selected sorting method.
  • In Server Browser, special characters and spaces are now disregarded when sorting the servers alphabetically.
  • In Car Selection (Garage, Custom Event, Lobby), cars can now be sorted according to their class and performance, type or region as well as alphabetically.
  • In Car Selection, a car can now be marked as a favorite. Favorites are always shown first in the list and sorted according to the selected sorting method.
  • In Custom Event creation, game now remembers the AI Set selected by the player, instead of always reverting to "Same As Player" set.
  • In Elimination Race, elimination notification is now easier to see.

AUDIO
  • Dragslayer: New engine sounds.
  • Gatecrasher: Fixed engine pitch (tuning) misconfiguration.
  • Killerbee & Boomer (all player models): Raised engine volume in overall mix to counter sound masking in races with 23 AI & dense start grid layout, and esp. on integrated flat-screen loudspeakers.
  • Surround sound: Player engine sounds are now mixed to surround center channel only when using chase camera views.
  • Surround sound: Fixed player car panning issues in bumper camera view.
  • Surround sound: Fixed emitter position tracking of collision sounds belonging to player car object, to not have sounds fall behind/past the car at high speeds.
  • In-Game: Fixed tire surface detection to not play sounds for incorrect material when loss of wheel contact occurs at slower rate (low speed, gentle slopes etc.).
  • In-Game: Added unique tire sounds for wood surface.
  • In-Game: Adjusted vehicle position tracking for less erratic audio panning when rotating chase camera around player vehicle.
  • In-Game: AI cars are mixed louder when in close proximity of camera (distance <15 meters), to improve spatial placement and separation when overtaking or being overtaken by.

Noticed there was a new update while playing PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate earlier, but didn't realise that Season 2 was out until I spotted one of the new DLC cars (the Crown Victoria) in the Rockfield Roughspot challenge.

Like the look of the Skyline and the souped-up Mustang in particular.

Trying not to spend money on games right now and you all keep tempting me... :banghead:

I will pick up the vanilla game at some point, when I cant resist any longer...

For those of you in the know, a question on the tournaments. Are these time barred - I.e. once the new tournament season starts, can you not play the previous one?

If that's the case, what else can you do with the new cars from "season1" dlc? If it is just the career mode which you can do with the vanilla game, then season 1 wouldn't have much value to me.

If it is like e.g. Assetto Corsa, where the DLC special events are retained permanently, I am more likely to buy the DLC.

For those of you in the know, a question on the tournaments. Are these time barred - I.e. once the new tournament season starts, can you not play the previous one?
Each tournament has daily, weekly, and monthly events. You earn fame points by completing the events. Every four weeks it resets with new events and new rewards. Each month brings new cars/parts bundles/liveries you can buy with your fame points. The nice part is the cars/bundles/liveries stay in the tournament store even when the events are over. So you can keep earning to get the items you missed. I don't know if that's going to apply between seasons, though. Hopefully it does so people getting into the game now can still get the rewards from previous tournament seasons.

Pretty happy with this update so far. Not a Mustang guy, but the new Rocket is pretty sweet, the garage sorting is great, and the fix for the Sweeper suspension is much appreciated as I quite liked it before they broke it in the last patch. The new circuit is great too, BugBear really have some fantastic circuit designers on their team and I feel that's a really underrated part of the game.

The new season challenge with the checkpoints is pretty fun. While I suppose it would make it more difficult and therefore frustrating to some people, I kinda wish there were even more taxis driving around. It's a little predictable when they are spread out, but after a few laps they tangle at the crossover and it can mix things up.

The main thing that has been holding me back from playing more is the fact that everyone seems to love A-class so much for some damn reason. It's very very rare I see a B-class lobby, and C-class usually has a mixed lobby up but rarely more than one, so if it's full you are screwed. I don't get it really, the faster cars are more significantly impacted by game performance issues (framerate/lag mostly), A-class is unbalanced as hell, and while all the crashes are bigger because they are happening at higher speeds, that just means that the field spreads out more so there are less crashes overall throughout the race in my experience.

I mean of course people can play however they want, but when I turn the game on and find 8 A-class lobbies with 10+ people but only 1 C-class lobby that is full, I usually just go play something else instead of wait for a spot to open.

Trying not to spend money on games right now and you all keep tempting me... :banghead:

I will pick up the vanilla game at some point, when I cant resist any longer...

If that's the case, what else can you do with the new cars from "season1" dlc? If it is just the career mode which you can do with the vanilla game, then season 1 wouldn't have much value to me.

If it is like e.g. Assetto Corsa, where the DLC special events are retained permanently, I am more likely to buy the DLC.

I know it's not helping, but with the release of Season 2 they have a new "Complete" version of the game that includes both DLC passes for $49.99... Great deal. I think the base game had a general price drop to $29.99 from $39.99 as well, but that might have happened a while back and I only noticed it now.

The "Season" thing is a little confusing for this game. The Season 1 Tournaments and their prize cars were all free and are separate from the Season 1 DLC Pass.

The Tournaments don't require any DLC to play. They consist of events and prizes, which generally include a vehicle and some unique livery/customization parts. The events are only available for a limited time. The daily and 3-day challenges are pretty simple challenges like "wreck X number of vehicles" or "win this race" using a specified vehicle that you don't need to own (the game lends you a car, even when it's DLC), at a specified track. The weekly/monthly challenges are usually more unique challenges and pit your scores against everyone else playing the game on your platform, so they are understandably time sensitive.

As for the Tournament prizes, at the moment, all the previous prize stuff is still available for purchase using in-game "Fame" points you earn from Tournament mode... But we don't know for sure if that will always be the case. All the Tournament prizes can be used in any mode (as long as the vehicle fits the restrictions). It should be noted that the Tournament mode and daily challenges aren't as demanding/grindy as some games that have similar things, and you certainly don't need to dedicate time to playing every day just to earn the prizes.

The Season 1 DLC Pass had new vehicles and customization options. Some of the vehicles are definitely good, but none are so "OP" that you need the DLC if you really don't want to buy it, especially if you will just be playing single player. There's a pretty customizable free play mode and multiplayer of course, so you can use the the DLC cars outside of career mode though. There is a car in one of the packs that is very fast if you want to do leaderboard stuff or will be trying hard in multiplayer, but Tournament mode offered a free car that can rival it now. There are some cool/fun vehicles in the packs, and other than a few unique vehicles like the monster truck Beetle, all offer a pretty good selection of customization options.

The paid DLC is a pretty eclectic mix and I feel like they have been pretty lovingly crafted, so personally I don't mind supporting the devs on it as the game is already a great deal. I play multiplayer pretty often and enjoy jumping from vehicle to vehicle so I feel like I get my money's worth easily.

Edit: Yeesh, wall of text, but hopefully that clarifies things.

Last edited:
I seriously need to get back to playing this game and once again set up my own races/championships. The new DLC/Season Pass is looking ace!

Played some of the Tournament events a few weeks ago but didn't enjoy it one bit and turned the game off.

Pretty happy with this update so far. Not a Mustang guy, but the new Rocket is pretty sweet, the garage sorting is great, and the fix for the Sweeper suspension is much appreciated as I quite liked it before they broke it in the last patch. The new circuit is great too, BugBear really have some fantastic circuit designers on their team and I feel that's a really underrated part of the game.

The new season challenge with the checkpoints is pretty fun. While I suppose it would make it more difficult and therefore frustrating to some people, I kinda wish there were even more taxis driving around. It's a little predictable when they are spread out, but after a few laps they tangle at the crossover and it can mix things up.

The main thing that has been holding me back from playing more is the fact that everyone seems to love A-class so much for some damn reason. It's very very rare I see a B-class lobby, and C-class usually has a mixed lobby up but rarely more than one, so if it's full you are screwed. I don't get it really, the faster cars are more significantly impacted by game performance issues (framerate/lag mostly), A-class is unbalanced as hell, and while all the crashes are bigger because they are happening at higher speeds, that just means that the field spreads out more so there are less crashes overall throughout the race in my experience.

I mean of course people can play however they want, but when I turn the game on and find 8 A-class lobbies with 10+ people but only 1 C-class lobby that is full, I usually just go play something else instead of wait for a spot to open.

I know it's not helping, but with the release of Season 2 they have a new "Complete" version of the game that includes both DLC passes for $49.99... Great deal. I think the base game had a general price drop to $29.99 from $39.99 as well, but that might have happened a while back and I only noticed it now.

The "Season" thing is a little confusing for this game. The Season 1 Tournaments and their prize cars were all free and are separate from the Season 1 DLC Pass.

The Tournaments don't require any DLC to play. They consist of events and prizes, which generally include a vehicle and some unique livery/customization parts. The events are only available for a limited time. The daily and 3-day challenges are pretty simple challenges like "wreck X number of vehicles" or "win this race" using a specified vehicle that you don't need to own (the game lends you a car, even when it's DLC), at a specified track. The weekly/monthly challenges are usually more unique challenges and pit your scores against everyone else playing the game on your platform, so they are understandably time sensitive.

As for the Tournament prizes, at the moment, all the previous prize stuff is still available for purchase using in-game "Fame" points you earn from Tournament mode... But we don't know for sure if that will always be the case. All the Tournament prizes can be used in any mode (as long as the vehicle fits the restrictions). It should be noted that the Tournament mode and daily challenges aren't as demanding/grindy as some games that have similar things, and you certainly don't need to dedicate time to playing every day just to earn the prizes.

The Season 1 DLC Pass had new vehicles and customization options. Some of the vehicles are definitely good, but none are so "OP" that you need the DLC if you really don't want to buy it, especially if you will just be playing single player. There's a pretty customizable free play mode and multiplayer of course, so you can use the the DLC cars outside of career mode though. There is a car in one of the packs that is very fast if you want to do leaderboard stuff or will be trying hard in multiplayer, but Tournament mode offered a free car that can rival it now. There are some cool/fun vehicles in the packs, and other than a few unique vehicles like the monster truck Beetle, all offer a pretty good selection of customization options.

The paid DLC is a pretty eclectic mix and I feel like they have been pretty lovingly crafted, so personally I don't mind supporting the devs on it as the game is already a great deal. I play multiplayer pretty often and enjoy jumping from vehicle to vehicle so I feel like I get my money's worth easily.

Edit: Yeesh, wall of text, but hopefully that clarifies things.

Thank you @Morbid65 - that's an extremely helpful response and thanks also to @Populuxe Cowboy :cheers:

Not so much @Scaff whose great videos keep making me want to spend my money on all this content :lol:

In the UK, it's about £20 for the base game on disc, and £11.99 for Season 1 and £9.99 for Season 2, which equates to about the same as the $49.99 Complete Edition.

It does feel like I want to be in at the start of the new tournament, so I will probably pick up the base game and season 1 dlc for now and add season 2 dlc later on, once I've worked through the other stuff.

The tournaments sound a lot like the Summit events in the Crew 2, but without the grinding needed in that game. I've spent a lot of time on that game over the summer, but it's good to break off for a while before you get "exhausted" by a game. I'll probably go back to that when the Year 3 content starts to come in November. For all its flaws, another excellently supported game.

Wreckfest seems like the perfect alternative for game time right now and, from what you all say, a good game and developer to support.

It will go nicely with Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition where I already had base game and most of the DLC but picked up the UE version in the summer sale partly to support the developer and have just started replaying career.

I've noticed there are 153 special events exclusive to the UE which is a really good bonus 👍👍 and will keep me occupied (and frustrated no doubt! :banghead::lol:)

Anyway, look forward to jumping in on Wreckfest for a smashing time :D

EDIT: Another wall of text ... :lol:

Liking the new update, and spent quite a while on the weekly and monthly tournaments last night, was up to gold on both... actually top 5% on the chase with 645k :D

On the chase one, does anyone know how the 'bonus' seconds is calculated? Is there a way to get more out of it?

Hillstreet is great fun too. Have to say though that it could easily handle having a variant without the x-over, just bypassing the little loop, kinda surprised they didn't do that TBH. If done with destructable barriers then there'd be somewhere to punt cars and they could rejoin from either gap. Just a thought, bugbear! :)

A quick look at the new track and Getaway car pack.

If people are upset that "Bullet" the orange Dodge Charger doesn't have a confederate flag on the roof, then good. I'm glad they're upset.

I got the Season 2 DLC last night after all. I just couldn't wait. As a native of Seattle, I can say the Hillstreet circuit really feels like driving around the south part of downtown Seattle. It's not a one-to-one recreation by any means, but the architecture, the hills and corners are all very Seattle. I've tried all four new cars in multiplayer, but that was a bit of a mistake. By the second corner, my cars were always a three-wheeled mess from massive crashes. I'll set up some private races tonight and give them another go so I can get a real feel for them. Still, they all look good. I like the new bundles and paint liveries in the Tournament shop. I'm glad the old ones are still there, too. New players don't have to miss out on them. Wreckfest is a great game. I'm glad I listened to everyone raving about it when it came out and picked it up. It's been worth it.

Last edited:
If people are upset that "Bullet" the orange Dodge Charger doesn't have a confederate flag on the roof, then good. I'm glad they're upset.

I got the game last night after all. I just couldn't wait. As a native of Seattle, I can say the Hillstreet circuit really feels like driving around the south part of downtown Seattle. It's not a one-to-one recreation by any means, but the architecture, the hills and corners are all very Seattle. I've tried all four new cars in multiplayer, but that was a bit of a mistake. By the second corner, my cars were always a three-wheeled mess from massive crashes. I'll set up some private races tonight and give them another go so I can get a real feel for them. Still, they all look good. I like the new bundles and paint liveries in the Tournament shop. I'm glad the old ones are still there, too. New players don't have to miss out on them. Wreckfest is a great game. I'm glad I listened to everyone raving about it when it came out and picked it up. It's been worth it.
Same, let them be upset.

It’s a great title and one that I’m more than happy to support the developers in what they have done.

It's not the first time the General Lee design has been "borrowed" but with the roof flag changed. We all remember the Hunter Cavalry Bootlegger from Burnout Paradise/Remastered with the same horn & a Mexican flag on the roof. Anybody who would be annoyed by a different flag on either game car has some serious issues in their minds.

On the chase one, does anyone know how the 'bonus' seconds is calculated? Is there a way to get more out of it?

I believe it just has to do with how fast you get from one checkpoint to the next. Seems like there is a window, and if you make it to the next checkpoint in less than X seconds you get bonus time, and the earlier you get there within the window the more time you get.

I'm generally able to get bonus time at all the checkpoints except the sector near the end of the lap that has the double 90 degree rights going up the hill that goes out onto the start/finish straight. After the first lap, I just always seem to catch a taxi in an awkward place where it's right on the apex, and if I try and cut the kerb to miss it I often get a weird bounce.

Seems tuning the car for that challenge is broken, on the Xbox at least. Nothing happens when I try to change anything and when I go back to check everything is at default again. Was going to try softening the suspension a little because that also raises ride height a tiny bit, hoping it wouldn't do wonky stuff as often when cutting over the kerbs.

I believe it just has to do with how fast you get from one checkpoint to the next. Seems like there is a window, and if you make it to the next checkpoint in less than X seconds you get bonus time, and the earlier you get there within the window the more time you get.

I'm generally able to get bonus time at all the checkpoints except the sector near the end of the lap that has the double 90 degree rights going up the hill that goes out onto the start/finish straight. After the first lap, I just always seem to catch a taxi in an awkward place where it's right on the apex, and if I try and cut the kerb to miss it I often get a weird bounce.

Seems tuning the car for that challenge is broken, on the Xbox at least. Nothing happens when I try to change anything and when I go back to check everything is at default again. Was going to try softening the suspension a little because that also raises ride height a tiny bit, hoping it wouldn't do wonky stuff as often when cutting over the kerbs.

Thanks, yeah, could well just be that. I often get about 1s but seen most values from 0.2s up to 1.7s.

Those last couple of corners and the chicane are trouble, that's for sure. The straight before that is where I often find a group of cars - sometimes an "I am a driving god" moment, sometimes not :D The 90 right corner at the bottom of the hill seems best taken wide since the sidewalk going up the hill is safe, then at the top turn really early to not be trying to turn in the air over the crest... easier said than done! I rarely get any bonus for that checkpoint on the hill. Chicane is just luck whether one of the taxis is in the way.

Tune seems to be working properly on PC, at least for the gears. Everything is as I left it when going back in. Anyway, if it's working, I can say soft suspension is no help for cutting corners and going over the kerbs, I tried! If anything, it's just a different kind of catapult :lol: Hope they bring you a hotfix on xbox.

Liking the new update, and spent quite a while on the weekly and monthly tournaments last night, was up to gold on both... actually top 5% on the chase with 645k :D

Hillstreet is great fun too. Have to say though that it could easily handle having a variant without the x-over, just bypassing the little loop, kinda surprised they didn't do that TBH. If done with destructable barriers then there'd be somewhere to punt cars and they could rejoin from either gap. Just a thought, bugbear! :)
You might want to check that top 5% ;) (edit: Scrap that, just noticed you're on PC :embarrassed:). I'm top 2% (PS4) on the Checkpoint race but not quite up to your level yet.... 627k and exactly 1 point in front of @Spacegoat (until he knocks my score off) :D.

And I concur, soft suspension doesn't help. All I've done is lengthen the gears one click to minimise wheel spin (I'm using the controller atm with auto gears and no assists except half ABS).

You might want to check that top 5% ;) (edit: Scrap that, just noticed you're on PC :embarrassed:). I'm top 2% (PS4) on the Checkpoint race but not quite up to your level yet.... 627k and exactly 1 point in front of @Spacegoat (until he knocks my score off) :D.

And I concur, soft suspension doesn't help. All I've done is lengthen the gears one click to minimise wheel spin (I'm using the controller atm with auto gears and no assists except half ABS).

Haha, yeah, PC... was 5%, slipped to 7%, just improved to 4% with 685k :D (basically one checkpoint further round, again timing out right before the next). Leader is at 1356k :rolleyes:

Shorter gears with manual here! DS4. Just ABS on.

So another update and car pack drop + tournament special, let’s give them the once over.

Bullet(Dodge Charger) Got some pick up to the 440 V8 Super(There’s a normal 440 that’s the same stat wise but no hood blower.), ditched the stock wheels for ones resembling the General Censored and then gave it a Mexican flag style livery design as a nod to the Calvary Bootlegger from Burnout. :P

Razor(Skyline R33) Sounds like a 6 cylinder, but packs a V8 in the engine swap section(:crazy:), options for coloured stock wheels and something that got a chuckle from me given a certain Forza controversy, a livery with a clear reference to the Japanese Rising Sun on the side. :D

Cardinal(Crown Vic) Starts as a cop car, but can be turned into a taxi, can get over 7.9 on strength with the right parts and could make a decent C class all rounder. 👍

Rocket RX(Hoonicorn Jr) New leader in the max Performance points race at 368, taking the Super Venoms title away from it. :bowdown:

Haha, yeah, PC... was 5%, slipped to 7%, just improved to 4% with 685k :D (basically one checkpoint further round, again timing out right before the next). Leader is at 1356k :rolleyes:

Shorter gears with manual here! DS4. Just ABS on.
1356k :eek::eek::eek::eek:...

Glad I'm on PS4, top is only 819k and you'd be up in the low 30's with your score.

1356k :eek::eek::eek::eek:...

Glad I'm on PS4, top is only 819k and you'd be up in the low 30's with your score.

There are cheaters on PC, no idea if that is one, couldn't really care unless there's so many it affects where the gold cutoff is...
I'm 145th, down in an uninteresting part of the leaderboard. Here's the top bunch:

20200917025808_1.jpg

On Xbox top is currently 816k, I'm sitting 4th with 756k. Dunno if I can get over 800k but I can definitely beat my score, but that last lap always seems to come with problems as the taxis start damaging themselves and trying to overtake each other. It's a fun event though so I don't at all mind making another attempt.

Have we established whether assists are faster in this game? I just turned them all off first thing thinking that broken old derby cars won't have traction control or ABS, so I don't have any experience with them.

Thanks, yeah, could well just be that. I often get about 1s but seen most values from 0.2s up to 1.7s.

Those last couple of corners and the chicane are trouble, that's for sure. The straight before that is where I often find a group of cars - sometimes an "I am a driving god" moment, sometimes not :D The 90 right corner at the bottom of the hill seems best taken wide since the sidewalk going up the hill is safe, then at the top turn really early to not be trying to turn in the air over the crest... easier said than done! I rarely get any bonus for that checkpoint on the hill. Chicane is just luck whether one of the taxis is in the way.

Tune seems to be working properly on PC, at least for the gears. Everything is as I left it when going back in. Anyway, if it's working, I can say soft suspension is no help for cutting corners and going over the kerbs, I tried! If anything, it's just a different kind of catapult :lol: Hope they bring you a hotfix on xbox.

I've started taking that 90 wide too, except on the first lap where the taxi there is always on the outside on the racing line. It can still be tricky when the taxi affects your apex, but it's more reliable than the kerb jump.

Good to hear the suspension tuning doesn't matter, means the broken tuning on the Xbox isn't too important. I'm really happy with the default gears, and while a click towards rear brake might help I find I'm balanced pretty fine as it is.

627k and exactly 1 point in front of @Spacegoat

Holy hell. What an incredible coincidence! :crazy:👍
(until he knocks my score off)

No friggin chance mate. That score took me over an hour to get :lol: (Pad as well but with all assists on half). Really enjoyed that challenge but doubt I'll try it again. I've got to practice the weekly one with the Rocket RX more. Got within three tenths of gold on my first try but haven't been able to get a clean run since.

Holy hell. What an incredible coincidence! :crazy:👍
I had another go with ABS full and improved straight away... all of one checkpoint to 647k but this is where we were.
Wreckfest_20200917133656.jpg

No friggin chance mate. That score took me over an hour to get :lol: (Pad as well but with all assists on half). Really enjoyed that challenge but doubt I'll try it again. I've got to practice the weekly one with the Rocket RX more. Got within three tenths of gold on my first try but haven't been able to get a clean run since.
Yeah it's one of my favourites so far. Normally I'll have one go then I'm done but I've had a quite a few goes on this one. The Rocket RX one I'm sitting on gold atm after my first full run (half a doz. restarts though :embarrassed:).

Have we established whether assists are faster in this game? I just turned them all off first thing thinking that broken old derby cars won't have traction control or ABS, so I don't have any experience with them.

When the Super Venom time trial challenge was up a few months ago. I did set my best time with traction control off but I've never experimented too much outside of that.
I had another go with ABS full and improved straight away...

👍
all of one checkpoint to 647k but this is where we were.
wreckfest_20200917133656-jpg.958382

That is so crazy. What are the odds? :lol:
The Rocket RX one I'm sitting on gold atm after my first full run (half a doz. restarts though :embarrassed:).

Yeah, plenty of restarts. :lol: The first couple of corners and the crossover on the first lap are killers. It's hard to get a clean run thru them.

Purchased the Season Pass yesterday. It's a steal considering how well Bugbear have supported the game.

The Tournament events this time around are pretty good and had a lot of fun chasing the Gold time in the Getaway event (top 14%, could be better though) as well the Checkpoint event.

Back