Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
So, I finally picked this and had a quick play last night. Just to shut you lot up about needing to buy it... :lol:

Completed a couple of career races to unlock the lawnmower :lol: and combine harvester :lol:.

Then went to Tournament mode, was able to get some medals on Normal mode for races. The DD I had more difficulty with trying to keep the multiplier going but finally got to Bronze.

Got nowhere with the Weekly and Season races. Obviously I haven't bought these vehicles yet - is it a case of needing to buy and then upgrade these vehicles to get medals in these events? Or are they stock vehicles which cannot be changed?

Got nowhere with the Weekly and Season races. Obviously I haven't bought these vehicles yet - is it a case of needing to buy and then upgrade these vehicles to get medals in these events? Or are they stock vehicles which cannot be changed?

Stock supplied vehicle, but you can twiddle with things on the Tune tab (when it works) like suspension stiffness etc., and change ABS, TC etc on the Difficulty tab. Other than that, a lot of practice! No idea how many runs I've taken on the Checkpoint Chase to get where I am, but it's easily my favourite of the event modes so far :)

So, I finally picked this and had a quick play last night. Just to shut you lot up about needing to buy it... :lol:

Completed a couple of career races to unlock the lawnmower :lol: and combine harvester :lol:.

Then went to Tournament mode, was able to get some medals on Normal mode for races. The DD I had more difficulty with trying to keep the multiplier going but finally got to Bronze.

Yes, they're stock vehicles that can't be modified.

Also, regarding the Weekly and Season races, at first I was nowhere in those as well but once I became more used to how far you have to back the corners up, so to speak, I'm now getting gold every time. The cars seem to really respond to an aggressive driving style and I find myself early on the brakes, and then hard on the throttle well before the corner apex.

Wreckfest really has become my new favorite racing game. I find myself thinking about wanting to play it all day. I can’t wait to unlock more of the expensive A-class cars. The other day I found a money-making/leveling-up trick and was able to fully upgrade my Cardinal! I love this car so much.

Stock supplied vehicle, but you can twiddle with things on the Tune tab (when it works) like suspension stiffness etc., and change ABS, TC etc on the Difficulty tab. Other than that, a lot of practice! No idea how many runs I've taken on the Checkpoint Chase to get where I am, but it's easily my favourite of the event modes so far :)

Yes, they're stock vehicles that can't be modified.

Also, regarding the Weekly and Season races, at first I was nowhere in those as well but once I became more used to how far you have to back the corners up, so to speak, I'm now getting gold every time. The cars seem to really respond to an aggressive driving style and I find myself early on the brakes, and then hard on the throttle well before the corner apex.

Thanks for the feedback guys! 👍

So, basically I've got to git gud :lol:

Thanks for the feedback guys! 👍

So, basically I've got to git gud :lol:

Haha, pretty much! These are the settings I've been using (with DS4 on PC) for the Chase, but TBH the Tune was mostly a guess that I haven't bothered changing... apart from trying soft suspension to see if the kerbs could be cut more, which didn't help at all! :lol:

20201026221512_1_settings.jpg

I'm now just shy of six laps with 800K.. the way this mode works you nearly always fall just a second or two short of the next checkpoint, which makes it pretty addictive :)

Last edited:
Similar to this one?

I used this method but using a beefed up Muddigger against a field of lawnmowers. Did the trick, I now own every car :) 👍.

The trick I used is as follows:

Pick a durable car.
Set a custom race on Hellride.
Set it to 60 laps on realistic/heaviest damage possible.
Set the AI racing class to be Sofa Cars only, and give them the highest difficulty.

You will not be doing all 60 laps. You’ll probably do 5-6 laps at the most. The AI cars will be obliterating each other VERY quickly. Let them all wreck, and if there’s any stragglers, you can take them out too. Just cruise around the track and make sure to wreck yourself last. I normally just plummet my car off the bridge by the ring of fire. Then reset and drive off again until my car is damaged-out and the race is over.

You’ll get around 30-40,000 XP every race, and several thousand credits. I don’t remember the usual amount, but it’ll get you a very good amount. More than most career races.

Dan
The trick I used is as follows:

Pick a durable car.
Set a custom race on Hellride.
Set it to 60 laps on realistic/heaviest damage possible.
Set the AI racing class to be Sofa Cars only, and give them the highest difficulty.

You will not be doing all 60 laps. You’ll probably do 5-6 laps at the most. The AI cars will be obliterating each other VERY quickly. Let them all wreck, and if there’s any stragglers, you can take them out too. Just cruise around the track and make sure to wreck yourself last. I normally just plummet my car off the bridge by the ring of fire. Then reset and drive off again until my car is damaged-out and the race is over.

You’ll get around 30-40,000 XP every race, and several thousand credits. I don’t remember the usual amount, but it’ll get you a very good amount. More than most career races.
Try that same 60 laps (like in the video I posted), same rules you used but with lawnmowers on Motorcity Circuit. It's a longer track so you make more xp and credits. I never have to finish two laps of the sixty wrecking them all and get 60k+ xp and 13k+ credits in generally around 5 minutes (I've done it in about three and half once). You do have to actively chase, wreck and brake check them but that adds to the fun of the challenge imo.

Last edited:
Try that same 60 laps (like in the video I posted), same rules you used but with lawnmowers on Motorcity Circuit. It's a longer track so you make more xp and credits. I never have to finish two laps of the sixty wrecking them all and get 60k+ xp and 13k+ credits in generally around 5 minutes (I've done it in about three and half once). You do have to actively chase, wreck and brake check them but that adds to the fun of the challenge imo.

Thanks. I might try this method today. :D

Sheesh... tried the new Tournament events.

The new weekly race is hard work as the back wants to spin out as soon as you hit the throttle.

The Supervan is just impossible to drive. Full stop.

And the Monster Truck event is horrendous due to the narrow split level track section where I get spun out/over/round every race.

At least I could get somewhere in the other 2 daily events.

See you next week then :banghead:

Do the tournament points reset at the end of the season? And do the special cars also go away? I really like the Rocket RX and I have about half of the points needed to buy it, but I want to make sure I don’t permanently lose my chance to buy it. :scared:

Dan
Do the tournament points reset at the end of the season? And do the special cars also go away? I really like the Rocket RX and I have about half of the points needed to buy it, but I want to make sure I don’t permanently lose my chance to buy it. :scared:

Nah, you're good. The points carry over as well as everything in the tournament store.

Sorry. :lol:

This reminds me though. That I need to get back on this game at some point. Bought the Rocket RX and the other stuff and stopped playing not long after. :lol: I need to build up some more fame points in preparation for the next season.

Last edited:
I haven't been playing too much lately for a couple reasons. One is I already have half a million fame points. I'm not concerned about having enough. Also, my friend has been playing No Man's Sky and getting back into Horizon 4, and we only have the one XBox between us, so my seat time has been cut in half.

Last edited:
I already have half a million fame points.

Jumped back on last night. I currently have 99k. Assuming that tournament cars are now going to cost 100k like the Rocket RX did. Ideally I'd like to at least double that, so I'm not burning through all my points at once.

Last edited:
They said they didn't want to make it a daily grind to get the Tournament rewards, but if they keep raising the prices to compensate for the fact that some people are grinding them daily, then it's just going to turn into a grind...

Since it seems they are going to be bi-monthly now though, it wouldn't surprise me if the next Tournament prize car is going to be 150k or more.

Farewell, my friend :) I had quite a few goes again last night and was on target for a higher score a couple of times, but I kept getting T-boned at the crossover - couldn't quite get that little bit quicker to escape it!

wreckfest-checkpoint-chase-result-2020-11-03.jpg

Have to say I'm not so thrilled by the current crop of events, but at least Mr Balloon Tyres is taking a break!

Last edited:
Anyone else getting severe FPS drops during the tournament challenges on PS4? It feels like 20FPS at times instead of the usual 60.

Last edited:

Looks like the new track is a variation of the Rockfield Roughspot. Not a problem since I love that track.

Oh, nice. Haven't played for a couple of days. Will have to download this tonight.

Guessing the next DLC won't be too far behind?

Dan
Anyone else getting severe FPS drops during the tournament challenges on PS4? It feels like 20FPS at times instead of the usual 60.

I was getting it a lot when there were a lot of vehicles on screen. Especially in the daily figure of 8 one with the pigs and the camper Van's. No fps issue for me on the battle bus though.

I was getting it a lot when there were a lot of vehicles on screen. Especially in the daily figure of 8 one with the pigs and the camper Van's. No fps issue for me on the battle bus though.

The Battle Bus event is where I first noticed it, and I was having trouble in everything after that. Even after reloading my game, performance was heavily impacted.

This last update fixed an annoying little glitch on my XBox that had been bothering me since the previous update. I have game and menu music set to 0. Originally, once the game got to about 65% of loading, the music would stop. After the previous update, the music kept playing. It wouldn't stop until I went to the settings page. I didn't have to reset the music. Just going to the settings page was enough to turn it off. It wasn't a huge problem, but it did require some extra steps to turn off the music that it never required before. The new update has fixed it. Music automatically stops once the game gets to a certain point in the loading process again. Not a huge problem but it's one of those quality of life things that makes a big difference.

So with just over a week before the next season starts, I crossed over a particularly big milestone.

1 Million Fame :eek: And that’s with me also skipping daily demo events that were on the mud pit areas.

And it’s not like I’ve not been buying things on the store as i’ve cleaned out the whole store. :P

Safe to say that even if the next tournament special is 500k Fame, I am sorted. :sly:

Back