Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Man, I'm only around 120k. :lol: Was planning on building that number this season but I haven't touched it a few weeks. Just so many games to play at the moment. Sort of been waiting for new DLC as well.

Last edited:
I'll admit I've been away from this game for a while. My roommate is getting back into Horizon so I have less time on the XBox. I don't mind though. I'm using the extra time to read a bit more.

Not missing too much to be honest, the weekly challenges have been lazy repeat-spam of the Bandit alternating from figure-8 and Bonebreaker Valley. The Battlebus event is kinda fun for a bit, but really it's just another version of the Doom Rig and Hellvester events.

I like this game and I still play it a few times a week, but I was hoping for better progress out of it in terms of game modes and variety. There is so much from Test Drive: Eve of Destruction that would be awesome fun in this title, I wish they would just blatantly rip off the game modes from it. Red Rover, sumo demolition derbies, trailer races, a gauntlet mode, literally any of the game modes from that title would be an excellent fit here... well except one... maybe.

Season 2 DLC #2 has finally arrived:

Opel Manta 400, Mini Cooper S & Buick Grand National. Also features a free new track with race and derby layouts!

I just downloaded the update. About 3.5gb on my XBox. Raven’s not a bad name for the GNX. Speedie for Mini is okay I guess. Not especially fond of Stellar for the Manta, but that’s probably because the Manta already has the perfect name.

I've discovered some references in the liveries for the new cars - For the Stellar (Manta), there is a Martini-style design available while the Speedie (Mini) has a gulf design and one with a Rolling Stones logo on the roof.

There are two new bundles in the Tournament store for the Boomer RS and Nexus RX. The former includes a livery, decal, grille, rear spoiler, wheels and special item (rear lights):
full

full

The Nexus has a new livery, decal, front splitter, front grille (with TOURING lettering) and rear spoiler:
full

Season 2 DLC #2 has finally arrived:

Opel Manta 400, Mini Cooper S & Buick Grand National. Also features a free new track with race and derby layouts!

I haven't seen this update yet, but in the video the front of the car (Raven) looks like one of many different Pontiac car designs. Pontiac ran both the LeMans & Grand Prix with that design of nose. But, I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Raven is Grand Prix/Cutlass hybrid for the nose, and '82+ Regal/GN for the rest.

Ran all 3 of the new cars in C-class lobbies a bit tonight.

Raven drives nice enough but doesn't seem to be very quick. Sounds like it has a V8 even though the engine options are all inline 6s. It starts off in B-class with its "race" engine option already installed, so I wouldn't expect it to be good in A-class either especially. Seems to have a glitch on Xbox where the windshield doesn't appear, and neither does the wire mesh thing you can replace it with.

Speedie drives kinda wonky, it was most noticeable on bumpy tracks, the way it lifts off the ground and then re-settles seems strange. I found it got more "normal" feeling when I set its suspension softer. Didn't seem like it would be anywhere near as fast as the other small/light cars like Raiden, Killerbee S, and Buggy can be. You can take the wide fenders off of it and make it look like a normal Mini if you want, some of the wheel options are tucked under like stock fitment.

Stellar seems like the performance winner of the group, and drives pretty nice to boot. Not much to say, it drives about like you would expect and the suspension works well enough that it takes bumps pretty well.

All 3 have a decent selection of liveries.

New track is great, and feels surprisingly different for the reverse variant. Would be a great track for enduros I think.

Last edited:
After playing this for a couple of hours last night. Easily one of the best car packs they've done so far. All three are great fun to throw around. My only complaint would have to be the lack of a new tournament prize car. Takes away any real incentive (for me anyway) to do the challenges regularly.

Last edited:
The Eagles Peak track is a great addition to the game. Haven't been able to buy the car pack or the season pass, but the one new car that everybody gets to use in the tournament is ok. Seems a little fragile for my driving style. Can't wait to try the Raven.

Apparently there was a glitch on the Eagles Peak track where it was possible to get out of bounds and see cows but it was patched in the newest update. Is there a way to revert to the previous update 1.80 on PS4 so the glitch can work?

Edit- I figured out an alternative and will have a tutorial video soon.

Here is the tutorial.

Last edited:
Snowball Run mode is fun, but frustrating because it's really inconsistent with whether or not it actually counts your kills. While I enjoy it when it's working right, not sure how much I will try for gold seeing as I haven't gotten a weekly/monthly challenge reward since December 1st anyway. I can't even check what my score is at the moment since the leaderboards don't work (surprise surprise), but I think I was at 215k.

Kind of par for the course with this game I guess. Spectacular game when it's working right, but ultimately held back by technical issues that make it just a "great" game... Not that "great" is bad or that it isn't one of the most fun titles out there right now, it just feels like it could be even more.

For those trying for score, you can go backwards and I've found that works much better than trying to chase them. While it is fun to send volleys of snowballs into packs of cars, I haven't found it really gives a good score as you end up with a massive pile of cars and then empty track where your multiplier will drop significantly or just go away completely. I'm only about 215k and I think leader was 450k or something though, so there are probably far better strategies.

Starbeast SS is basically just a Starbeast with grille, working taillights, and an extra gear in the transmission. It does have a cool paint option that paints all the chrome trim/bumpers. Like the regular Starbeast it's decent to drive, and seems plenty fast for regular C class use. Didn't have the chance to race it against a competently driven Super Venom/Raiden, but I'm guessing it's not in their league.

When I saw they had added a Starbeast SS I was hoping for something like this Hot Wheels Chevelle:

I really hope the snow becomes something that we can choose and doesn't just disappear after this month is over. It would be cool if they added a special mode where you can go back and play the Tournement special events just for fun.

Haven't had a chance to try out the new challenges yet. The Starbeast SS might be my new go to car though. Really strong in stock B class form. I'm liking it a lot.

Yes i am doing that @FT-1 watched a few videos as well , i don't know what i`m doing wrong, the videos i watched the points are going up like crazy and mine are absolute rubbish..hehe

Yes i am doing that @FT-1 watched a few videos as well , i don't know what i`m doing wrong, the videos i watched the points are going up like crazy and mine are absolute rubbish..hehe

The only thing I can think of right off the top of my head is to keep the momentum going, both in terms of driving speed and how often you shoot the snowballs. Rather than try to take out every single car you see, the important thing you want to do is keep your multiplier going; if you see a batch of cars, you are better off spraying a load of snowballs while driving quickly than trying to slow down in order to take them all out. Swerving along the track while spam-shooting also helps!

I'm not an expert myself, but I thought I'd share what helped me get into the silver tier! ;)

Recently Upgraded to a fresh new PC, and bought this a little while after Christmas on sale. Coming from the PS4, holy moly its amazing! 120+ FPS on a 1440P 144hz monitor, with all settings maxxed out. This games looks and plays so much better.

The new updates have been nice too! Been a joy cleaning house in online servers with the CRX again. Been setting super hot laps in it!

D884C98992700278C84183EE437B681D9F273D37

5B10A8095A588065407A95694A8FF54BE0551AF6
1465A954D59627E8B09FD6B8918FA8F6C5B872B2

Back