Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
OMG, I finally bought a PC to play this gem. And it's much better than I thought. It's so sad how bad versions on consoles are. Maybe some next-gen patch will come but until then I will play my 100+ FPS version. Love it but I saw its potential on consoles.

So Sneak peak demo is 5+ yo demo? It's amazing. So sad they don't support consoles much more because console gamers would love it.

Looks like a Fiat 124 (or Lada 1200/1300 which is just a Fiat 124 built in Russia), a third-gen Camaro, and a Grumman stepvan. That track looks killer. Between this and six new Hot Wheels cars in Horizon, I’m going to be busy.

So the new cars then, Gorbie, Blade and Step Van.

Gorbie’s stand out parts are a hood delete option, the option to remove the wide rear archers and two hammer phrased livery’s, One for MC Hamilton fans and one for those who like to wield the Ban Hammer. :P

Blade’s stand out parts is the option to put some spaced out wheels on to accommodate you if you like fender flares, remove the headlight covers on the grilles and air ducts on a raised hood scoop.

Step Van’s has only 2 stand out parts, the Ice cream can be replaced with a saw blade, cow skull or a huge hotdog.

Two of the Livery’s are parody’s of FedEx and UPS, But Style 4 is almost certainly getting changed, if you seen it you’ll know what I mean. :lol:

Despite the newcomers, it’s one of the Wreckfest originals that’s got a big upgrade courtesy of the new tournament buyables for the Bulldog and Rammer RS.

The Rammer RS gets a classic Taxi design and the Bulldog gets a classic dragster setup, complete with skinny front and fat rear tyres plus a little something extra.

A new engine, a V8 specifically which makes more than double what the most powerful standard Bulldog can make at a spicy 621hp.

But combined with its low weight, the Bulldog goes from a impressive 350PI to an absurd 709PI Fully upgraded. :eek::eek:

Good luck putting the power down, but high speeds are possible as I’ve clocked it at over 160mph at Motor City Reverse. :bowdown:

Gorbie’s stand out parts are a hood delete option

I had a little bit of time this morning to download the update and the check the cars out. Honestly, I thought the hood delete for the Gorbie was a glitch. :lol:

How many more DLC's are there left for season 2 after this one?

Of the three, I like the Gorbie best. That little commie car is fast, handles like a dream, and has one of the best sounding engines in the game.

The Gorbie's hood delete option might be an accident... On Xbox I thought it was a hood delete too, but if you turn the camera it actually puts the hood down in the engine bay, going through the engine block and clipping back into the cockpit through the dash. It's pretty easy to over-rotate, but once you get the feel for it it's a very satisfying car to drive.

The Step Van is kinda useless... it's a special vehicle so you can't even use it most of the time, and it only has complete engine swap upgrades, no individual engine or armor parts to change the PI with. It starts low in C-class, and the first engine upgrades it to 167 in B-class... 3 PI points above the top of C-class, so it's slow in C and B... Why not make it a bit more competitive for the few races that do allow special vehicles? It does have some cool liveries though.

The Blade is pretty cool. Fairly compliant which is nice most of the time, but I did get some odd moments in corners that had a rut or camber change in them. It makes some weird noises on overrun though... hoping they fix that. I was playing in a multiplayer lobby without my headset plugged in, and thought someone in the lobby was making little fart noises into their mic at first before I realized it was the car.

I ran the Gorbie and Blade in C-class for a while, and they seem reasonably competitive with the average cars, but aren't top tier. There were a few drivers in Raiden/SV that were able to run similar lap times, so good drivers in those cars would still be pretty easily the fastest.

I had to buy the Bulldog's tournament package twice to get everything... Which is super great since I still haven't had a payout from a weekly/monthly challenge since Dec 1st and I certainly don't bother with all the dailies.

Rocket RX was mentioned as improved, and it does seem to drive better, but it still feels like it has a lot of toe-in on paved tracks. Not as noticeable on the dirt tracks though, and it seems to rotate more consistently.

Also nice to see they still haven't fixed the occasional glitch where you can't see half or more of the lobby when the race starts...

Looks like the snow is completely gone though? Didn't see an option to choose it... Disappointing.

Loving this game lately. Am I the only one who wonders what non-contact racing would be like on this game? Like I know the whole point is to see how many parts your car can run without, but I'd love to join a racing series where people don't just take the Limo and drive the wrong way.

Loving this game lately. Am I the only one who wonders what non-contact racing would be like on this game? Like I know the whole point is to see how many parts your car can run without, but I'd love to join a racing series where people don't just take the Limo and drive the wrong way.

I do feel a lot of people sorta take the "Wreckfest" title as a command or something, and end up missing out on some fantastic racing. The track design in this game is some of the best I've ever seen and makes for some really really good racing when you get a good group.

Totally clean racing is probably too much to expect, but sort of "semi-clean" racing is a lot of fun, where you just lean and nudge and push rather than no-brake and PIT maneuver each other. Those big hits and such are fun too of course, but they do space out the field and can make some races rather boring for the next few laps. I always figure I'd rather have 6 laps of fun door-banging than 1 corner of fun causing a massive pile-up at turn 1 and then 5 laps of just driving around.

I find C-class is the best for it too. The A-class races seem to get very spread out and are more significantly affected by lag and online performance issues, and B-class lobbies seem to be pretty rare... On Xbox anyways.

I do feel a lot of people sorta take the "Wreckfest" title as a command or something, and end up missing out on some fantastic racing. The track design in this game is some of the best I've ever seen and makes for some really really good racing when you get a good group.

Totally clean racing is probably too much to expect, but sort of "semi-clean" racing is a lot of fun, where you just lean and nudge and push rather than no-brake and PIT maneuver each other. Those big hits and such are fun too of course, but they do space out the field and can make some races rather boring for the next few laps. I always figure I'd rather have 6 laps of fun door-banging than 1 corner of fun causing a massive pile-up at turn 1 and then 5 laps of just driving around.

I find C-class is the best for it too. The A-class races seem to get very spread out and are more significantly affected by lag and online performance issues, and B-class lobbies seem to be pretty rare... On Xbox anyways.
I've mostly been doing custom races in single player, and I'd been sticking with C class cars. I kinda prefer that they're easier to control, but then I figured out how to get the best out of A class cars and I've started enjoying them more. Would be interesting to try and start a group. Not necessarily a league or tournament or anything, just try to organise some races.

You say this game is pc only, do you mean 60fps only on pc? Because it is available on xbox and ps4 for a while. Some ps4 games run way better and at a constant 60fps on ps5. So I was hoping that this would be the case with Wreckfest, because maybe the framerate isn’t locked.

Last edited:
Yeah, I meant they didn't care about consoles. Every version is locked 30 FPS so I only bought it but didn't play. And then I bought it again on PC.

It's very sad because the game is among the best you can play. But not on consoles.

Last edited:
It's very sad because the game is among the best you can play. But not on consoles.

While I agree that 30FPS isn't exactly ideal for a type of game like this. It hasn't stopped my enjoyment of it on a base PS4. *shrug*

Screenshot_2021-02-07 2020 Wrap-Up PlayStation.png

Last edited:
While I agree that 30FPS isn't exactly ideal for a type of game like this. It hasn't stopped my enjoyment of it on a base PS4. *shrug*
Yeah, it's possible. I don't play 30 FPS racing games but people are different. The game is so perfect you shouldn't play it in 30 FPS. If you are able to play, it's OK.

It's very sad to see 30 FPS games on GAMING consoles, I just don't get it.

Yeah, it's possible. I don't play 30 FPS racing games but people are different. The game is so perfect you shouldn't play it in 30 FPS. If you are able to play, it's OK.

It's very sad to see 30 FPS games on GAMING consoles, I just don't get it.
30fps on a console can actually be very acceptable, as it normally has a very, very stable rate of frame-timing, often making it look still quite smooth.

Back