Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
Happy to say that the Save Data transfer from the PS4 version to the PS5 version worked flawlessly for me 👍. EDIT: Scratch that, none of my Fame points at all transferred over on one profile and on the second that had over 800k there's now only 12k 👎

It also doesn't have to be done straight away, it can be done later on down the track if you wish.

20210701_164504.jpg

Edit 2: Is it my imagination or does the DS5 feel much much better now. The R2 and L2 triggers rumble when braking on the rumble strips now.

Last edited:
So I've just got this on PC and I'm enjoying it very much, evoking lots of Destruction Derby 2 memories. Question: is there a free practice mode somewhere that I've just not found? I want to explore the Wrecking Playground without having to make contact with someone every minute but can't work out how.

Roo
So I've just got this on PC and I'm enjoying it very much, evoking lots of Destruction Derby 2 memories. Question: is there a free practice mode somewhere that I've just not found? I want to explore the Wrecking Playground without having to make contact with someone every minute but can't work out how.
Simple, instead of Last Man Standing, do deathmatches, you can set it to 20mins max and they don’t have contact timers so you can wreck yourself to your hearts content. 👍

Roo
I create a custom event. I select Wrecking Playground, my car, then under event options set event type to Deathmatch, opponents to 0, and time to 20 minutes, the most my game on XBox One will give me. When your 20 minutes is up and you still want more, restart.

Simple, instead of Last Man Standing, do deathmatches, you can set it to 20mins max and they don’t have contact timers so you can wreck yourself to your hearts content. 👍

I create a custom event. I select Wrecking Playground, my car, then under event options set event type to Deathmatch, opponents to 0, and time to 20 minutes, the most my game on XBox One will give me. When your 20 minutes is up and you still want more, restart.
Thank you, gents 👍

Beside to be able to drive the DLC-cars yourself (not only as opponents) and getting more nonsense for the roof, are there any more benefits like tracks or even new events in the DLC packs / Season pass(es)? I finished the whole career and went to Lvl 50, is there anything to enhance this in the DLCs? They are quiet expensive for the few bits.

Beside to be able to drive the DLC-cars yourself (not only as opponents) and getting more nonsense for the roof, are there any more benefits like tracks or even new events in the DLC packs / Season pass(es)? I finished the whole career and went to Lvl 50, is there anything to enhance this in the DLCs? They are quiet expensive for the few bits.
Nope, just cars, some armor parts in the one pack, and cosmetics. The tracks have all been free, and no events have been added to career.

Other events have come through the "Tournament Mode" which I'd suggest checking out if you haven't. There are a variety of challenges in there and they come up with some special ones sometimes with unique mechanics. They also often have DLC events where you can drive one of the DLC cars even if you don't own it, so you can try some of them out that way.

If you just play career/Tournament mode it's probably not worth it. If you play multiplayer a bunch then the season pass has more value as there are some good cars in the packs and it really helps variety to have all the extra cars to drive.

I absolutely love this game. It just keeps getting better and better. The newest update has made the graphics look soo good. I'm happy the season pass was on sale so I could finally get the extra cars that come with the dlc. Some of those cars are really good. Had some great success in the Wildride or whatever it was last night in MP. Best I've done in some time. :)

New events in the Tournament. The three-day DLC event is Bugzilla at Hellride against all the other big, oversized vehicles: Hellvester, that short school bus with the snowplow (I can’t think of the name right now), the camper, that kind of stuff. I started the race and then looked to see how many laps it was. 255 laps. I changed my driving style immediately. Let the other cars take each other out and conserve my health points. Fortunately, the race ended at ten laps. Including myself, there were only three cars running at that point. I’m glad it ended there. I’m pretty sure 255 laps of Hellride at about a minute to a minute and a half each would take four to six hours.

Last edited:
Some strange things are going on in the tournament right now.

The weekly challenge isn’t working. Every time I try it, I get to the start screen and it says I’ve finished with a time of 0:00.000. There’s no leaderboard because no one has been able to do it. It’s a shame. I’ve really enjoyed the weekly challenges at the Wrecking Playground over the last couple months.

The current three-day daily challenge is a time attack at the Hilltop Stadium Figure 8 track in the lawnmower. The target times are:
1:30.000 bronze
1:10.000 silver
1:00.000 gold
It only took me 31.129 seconds on my first try. For some reason the target times are way off. The good news is it’s an easy gold worth 4000 FP.

Carmageddon Tournament Update

Hmm. I’ve updated the game. 6.4 gb on my XB1. I bought the Eagle R From the Tournament Store (100,000 FP, A246, and it’s a special class car btw), and I can race at both Bleak City and Devil’s Canyon if I make a custom event. But nothing shows up for the weekly or monthly tournaments. Looking at the Bugbear forum, it looks like it’s the same for PS4 owners.
C588F4B6-9236-4643-92A2-AF9667ED1F78.png

Hmm. I’ve updated the game. 6.4 gb on my XB1. I bought the Eagle R From the Tournament Store (100,000 FP, A246, and it’s a special class car btw), and I can race at both Bleak City and Devil’s Canyon if I make a custom event. But nothing shows up for the weekly or monthly tournaments. Looking at the Bugbear forum, it looks like it’s the same for PS4 owners.
View attachment 1072081
You can add PS5 owners (running the PS5 version) to that too :indiff:

Last edited:
Yeah same for all platforms, few buggy tournament releases over the last week or so.

Hopefully its fixed soon as I can think of some fun challengers on the new maps they will no doubt use! Love that they kept the people you can run over!

I tried it. It works, and it’s fun.

Did you get the 20k Fame for golding the broken event (with a time of 00:00.00)? It was a nice little surprise on the PS5 version :)

Edit: Just had a go and you're right, it's fun 👍

Last edited:
Hmmm, awful lot of bugs creeping into the Tournament part of the game unfortunately. The season challenge Carnage Accumulator has got some weirdly high scoring barrels and todays DLC event at the Midwest Motocenter forces me to reset at the start for no apparent reason. I keep getting the symbol saying I'm going the wrong way even though I'm not (haha). It's still easy to win but it would be nice if this wasn't starting to be a regular occurrence.

Wreckfest_20210810155532.jpg

I only found in the Death Race, it says that you missed the first checkpoint. But, you go to the next one & it counts. No reset or anything.

I only found in the Death Race, it says that you missed the first checkpoint. But, you go to the next one & it counts. No reset or anything.
Yep, I got the 'missed checkpoint' in the new event too. The reset was only in a daily that's finished now.

The high scoring barrels in the Carnage Accumulator event are still there but I don't really want to share it publicly (Disclaimer: I didn't originally discover this, but I did try it out). On PS5 there's some huge scores already because of this.

Last edited:
Quick overview of the update.

New Bundle for the Firefly valued at 20K Fame, includes a new front grille, front splitter, livery & style and new wheels.

Firwood Motocenter gets 2 new routes, A Rally Circuit which takes part of the short layout and the main layout and puts them together.

The other route is all that, but reversed. :P

Sadly due to what I’m assuming is something related to the games age rating, zombies have been removed from the Carmageddon maps. :rolleyes:

Back