Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
There was a hot fix yesterday where they fixed a bunch of stuff. The AI seems a bit off now though, like they're doing some weird things. Like messing up corners and taking routes on the track that are not even part of the track. :lol: Yeah, I had a race last night where they were turning into the infield, driving through it, and coming out pit lane. :P

Coming to console 20 November.

wreckfest-release-date-jpg.253951

Source: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wreckfest-gets-console-release-date.152296/

I guess it's time for Wreckfest to spread it's wings out of Early Access. hopefully it's a success story, and one that is supported much longer then another racer that left it.

Last week, I saw a stream of "Wreckfest." To me, this is like a combination of DiRT and GRID. It also kind of reminds me of when I played the demo to "Test Drive: Eve of Destruction." The wrecks in this game are brutal, almost like old school NASCAR wrecks. However, the wrecks aren't as exaggerated as the Burnout games. Quite interesting.

Haha why not? I just bought Wreckfest. Hope it will get VR and motion support at a later stage.
Saw some live YT streams earlier this week and it looked like a lot of fun. Hopefully I can confirm this soonish

For me first lap ever in Wreckfest. Did some basic setup settings changes like wheel, pedals, ffb etc. In game sounds are ok but I expected more raw power sound e.g. in cockpit mode. Rock music is freaking good!

Last edited:
Would love to see this engine put into an open world game. Just imagine GTA with this game's physics....
GTA4 was pretty close to wreck fest in terms of damage modeling, just sucked that every car felt like their shocks were drained of fluid.

GTA4 was pretty close to wreck fest in terms of damage modeling, just sucked that every car felt like their shocks were drained of fluid.

That was the best part!

To quote a certain connoisseur of floaty American cars,

Bust a left, a right, I'm outta sight I'm throwed
I'm bouncin off the road I’m in a mode n fo dem throw dem
Take it to 'em -- hop out my big body form

Driving in GTAIV was way better than the forgettable and unsatisfying handling model of GTAV.

I'm looking forward to this in November. It's been more than ten years since I played FlatOut. :)

I had been enjoying this game for the last few weeks. I got up to the third championship, Had unlocked and bought about 5 cars and had about 40,000 credits. Then the game got the release update and all my progress was wiped, So i essentially have to play the same game again with an improved UI.

Watched Bay Area Buggs recent play after the full release and it looks great. Especially the menus. And it looks like they fixed the AI which, after the last update, made me stop playing because they would hard swerve into you if you were passing them and it was downright annoying. Ruined so many races for me.

I think I'm going to get Wreckfest. PC version is only available as a digital version? No DVD?

Back