Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
I'm on PS4 and so far I'm having a blast with the game. The AI can be a bit weird sometimes choosing to randomly kamikaze dive bomb into people despite the demise of their own race but I kind of expected as much. The only thing I dislike is how far the cars can be wrecked and hammered into an unrealistic little metal wedge of rolling metal.

Maybe its just me(weird person) but the ff in assetto corsa feels better on ps4 then on pc.
Its not feel that smooth but there is more detail.
On pc i have in system setting 100% and ingame 120% to reach same strenght than 46% on ps4 version.
(testet with the old miata on street tyres)

Like assetto corsa, on consoles this game is just a shadow of the orginal on PC :(

You can’t go around the internet contradicting yourself as you lose credibility.

I have AC across all 3 platforms it’s nearly identical with FFB
As for Wreckfest it’s just a solid, very fun game that I’d recommend to everybody.

I just had a quick spin in this and it's pretty damned good - mind you I only used a controller.

Honestly I think I'm going to spend a lot of time online in this, especially after some rather unkind and stuck up people informed me that I was somebody who pleasures themselves and that even a rally lobby in GTS is no excuse to treat it like a demolition derby - spoilsports and killjoys

I just had a quick spin in this and it's pretty damned good - mind you I only used a controller.

Honestly I think I'm going to spend a lot of time online in this, especially after some rather unkind and stuck up people informed me that I was somebody who pleasures themselves and that even a rally lobby in GTS is no excuse to treat it like a demolition derby - spoilsports and killjoys

@Slapped my friend, do you have this on PS4? If so how many gb is is? Just asking so I know if I'll have enough space on my HHD for it! I will be buying it digitally from the PS Store for if that makes a difference with the size of the file....If anyone here could let me know, cheers in advance! ;)

Last edited:
On the default settings it's rubbish... and a wrist breaker (T-GT), but with a bit of tinkering I've managed to get it better. On default I was only getting 20% steering angle so I'd just plow off every corner. Lucky there's enough adjustment to get some feel, but I've still got a ways to go to get where I'm satisfied.
Granted I just played for a little bit but I got the same feeling regards the "wrist breaker" feeling and restrictment of steering angle when turning. Was sort of feeling under-steerish. The wheel just felt a bit heavyish.

Can you kindly post the in-game setting adjustments you made ("SETTINGS: ADVANCED" I think) that may have made it easier for you?
My wheel is Fanatec CSL Elite (PS4) but at least your adjustments may give me something to work with or from.

I got the deluxe edition and it came in at just over 12 - call it 13 GB. I don't know if the standard version comes in at less, but I don't think so.

Ok mate thanks, it says more or less that on the store, but for its physics, and amount of content, I was expecting a bigger file. Thanks for the info, and happy crashing! :D

Just treated myself to this even after reading the negative feedback on here, 35 quid is about right, having a great time so far as well, feels fine with my g29 with the feedback strength at maximum, clutch and shifter just adds to the fun of chucking bangers around.

As far as bugs go I've had nothing so far, loading times are a bit long but restarting a race is pretty quick, frame rate is locked to 30fps 90% of the time.

It's just a enjoyable game all round I say and the physics of trackside objects is brilliant, cars handle predictably with all the assists turned off and I've not noticed issues with input lag.

I would prefer to assign my own buttons though, having look left and right on the d pad but look behind on X throws me off.

All in all I can't grumble for the price as I know I will play it enough to get my money's worth.

Got it yesterday...had so much fun with the game, the AI taking each other out gives that extra immersion feeling (that sounded weird to say). Only playing with a controller but it still feels solid. Sound is pretty solid as well. Only gripe I have with it so far is the lack of ability to customise the controller layout

Does anyone know when the extra content will be available for purchase? (pre ordered 12 months ago before there was a deluxe version)

This looks really good thinking about picking it up, it must be absolute chaos online!! The loading times I keep hearing about are putting me off slightly though.

Hope they patch to reduce the loading time in the future.

This

Only gripe I have with it so far is the lack of ability to customise the controller layout
That must be particularly annoying because in the PC version you can re-bind all the buttons/keys/whatever. They specifically made it worse for console.

The Crew 2 is the same way, if I recall correctly.

Granted I just played for a little bit but I got the same feeling regards the "wrist breaker" feeling and restrictment of steering angle when turning. Was sort of feeling under-steerish. The wheel just felt a bit heavyish.

Can you kindly post the in-game setting adjustments you made ("SETTINGS: ADVANCED" I think) that may have made it easier for you?
My wheel is Fanatec CSL Elite (PS4) but at least your adjustments may give me something to work with or from.
You're initial feelings are pretty much inline with mine... except heavish is a bit of an understatement in my case.

I'm still far from happy with my settings, and having them reset to default every time I exit (and re-enter) the game isn't helping. I had them a bit better before but didn't bother to write them down thinking they'd save (like the game says they will :ouch:). This time I took a screenshot so I can continue to tweek things (I hadn't started on Speed Sensitivity yet, that's why it's on zero).

Wreckfest_20190828135445.jpg

I don't know if you remember when Circuit de la Sarthe was introduced to Gran Turismo (5 maybe??) everyone's wheels were getting a death rattle down the straight, that's one of the same issues I'm fighting with this game :indiff:.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Ps: I'm still having a ball regardless of a few issues 👍 :).

Started testing out the custom event feature. Most of the modes are great, but I wish team races were a bit different. I don't like points being scored for teams each lap, it'd be better if it was all tallied up at the finish line like in a traditional race. Perhaps traditional race and eliminator modes will be included in team races in the future, as more modes are said to come. But until then, I'll just stick with classic everyone for themselves racing.

I'm on PS4 and so far I'm having a blast with the game. The AI can be a bit weird sometimes choosing to randomly kamikaze dive bomb into people despite the demise of their own race but I kind of expected as much. The only thing I dislike is how far the cars can be wrecked and hammered into an unrealistic little metal wedge of rolling metal.

Change the damage to realistic instead of normal

ss3
I’ve been waiting for this since we got rid of our PS2 and. Test Drive: eve of destruction. Still my favorite game :embarrassed:
Hell yeah man

If it's like FlatOut, and based on videos and comments, I expect it to be a simulator, but on the lighter end of the scale. Weighty and realistic, but with a relatively simple tire model. The emphasis is more on kinetic action and door-to-door racing instead of finer nuances of handling.
The same people that made flatout made wreckfest, they just sold the right to the game to thq

Last edited by a moderator:
Wreckfest | Singleplayer | Couch Car Race

LOL. I love watching those couch races so much. They're so cool, quirky and funny at the same time. The couches racing round the track with the drivers bobbing and weaving as they do and hilarious when they get bolted out of the couches, flying through the air etc depending on the force of collision. Too funny. Never seen anything like this before.

You're initial feelings are pretty much inline with mine... except heavish is a bit of an understatement in my case.

I'm still far from happy with my settings, and having them reset to default every time I exit (and re-enter) the game isn't helping. I had them a bit better before but didn't bother to write them down thinking they'd save (like the game says they will :ouch:). This time I took a screenshot so I can continue to tweek things (I hadn't started on Speed Sensitivity yet, that's why it's on zero).

View attachment 846703

I don't know if you remember when Circuit de la Sarthe was introduced to Gran Turismo (5 maybe??) everyone's wheels were getting a death rattle down the straight, that's one of the same issues I'm fighting with this game :indiff:.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Ps: I'm still having a ball regardless of a few issues 👍 :).
Thanks for posting the screenshot. Regards the Steering Sensitivity, after I was done on my initial run (starting off in Career: Lawnmowers and then to the first car race up to which I reached at the time), like you I adjusted that from default to "30" myself which I intend to try the next go around.
I see you reduced the Force Feedback from default "90" to "30". Something as well I was considering as the default Force Feedback I myself thought was too strong. So am also going to make that adjustment....as well as whatever you may have made.
......Please, as you continue, if you make any further adjustments that helps please post them with your thoughts. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
The same people that made flatout made wreckfest, they just sold the right to the game to thq
I know; that's why I expected it to play like FlatOut. ;)

Also, you can use the edit button to edit your post instead of making four consecutive posts, or the "+ Quote" button to quote multiple posts at once. 👍

I’m still waiting for my call from GameStop to let me know they have it :(
Anyone else?

You can’t go around the internet contradicting yourself as you lose credibility.

I have AC across all 3 platforms it’s nearly identical with FFB
As for Wreckfest it’s just a solid, very fun game that I’d recommend to everybody.

Yeah grab a old post and mix it with current situations. :rolleyes:
Looks like you fixing to single details instead of the whole context.
YOU know and I know AC is limited in features and ffb on consoles. fact.
Also Wreckfest is limited in ffb and features on consoles. fact.
So i call them shadows! And thats not wrong because, in a direct comparion, they are. :lol:

I played some rounds yesterday on ps4, created a usable setting for the dd1 and had fun.
Sadly there is a bug that makes engine sound turn off after changing car setup. Happend 3 times within the play session.

Last edited:
I did some grinding yesterday just to have a comfortable amount of cash and in the process ended up at level 41 (the custom event netting me around 65K+ XP and almost 13K in cash for 4-6 minutes of mowing down lawn mowers). Is the max level capped at 50 on consoles or does it go all the way up to 100 just like the PC version?

I've also been spending way too much time in photo mode. My limo looks spectacular in action :embarrassed:

Back