Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
You're going to love it.

Just to provide an update - This statement ended up being very true! I gave the trial a shot and found myself missing the carnage, so I hopped back on and bagged the deluxe edition. It is such a blast! :D

Since I am out of the loop on this game's development cycle, are there still future content updates to look forward to?

Just to provide an update - This statement ended up being very true! I gave the trial a shot and found myself missing the carnage, so I hopped back on and bagged the deluxe edition. It is such a blast! :D

Since I am out of the loop on this game's development cycle, are there still future content updates to look forward to?
Yes. Still early days with more updates and DLCs to come.

Glad to hear it. Hopefully I'll run into you (literally) in a demolition derby soon.

I haven't gone through the entire thread, so this has probably been answered already. How does it feel with a wheel? Nice solid arcade force feedback feel like a DriveClub or Grid Autosport, or unplayably limb and lifeless like The Crew 2?

I haven't gone through the entire thread, so this has probably been answered already. How does it feel with a wheel? Nice solid arcade force feedback feel like a DriveClub or Grid Autosport, or unplayably limb and lifeless like The Crew 2?
Racing sims are generally always better with a wheel. So yes, it's better with a wheel....feel, handling, FFB et al.

I thought this was more of an arcade racer. All the better if I was wrong about that :).
It's surprisingly sim-like actually. Really a great sim and the most enjoyable for me and many others who use it. I have yet to see a bad review. I'm so glad I bought this from launch date. Went with the Deluxe version one time and never regretted it. Money well spent.

Bought the base version in a PS4 sale today. Totally put off by the first career event - the lawnmower destruction derby. What a horribly anemic way to start. All I got out of that was a mild case of nausea and a very poor first impression.
Thankfully after playing some C class banger race events in the career mode as well as trying B and A class cars in the free play mode, I'm starting to enjoy it. Nice selection of tracks and the handling really does feel closer to sim than arcade racer (using a Thrustmaster T150 wheel). Lots of cars on the track and the AI seems pretty good, or at the very least entertaining.

Engine sounds seem a bit weak, and I don't know if I'll ever like the destruction derby events (was more fun in a car than on a lawnmower though), but otherwise it seems like a promising purchase.

Not as great as I remember the early FlatOut games though, but then memories are often more rosy than reality can really afford. No idea if they were actually as good as I remember them.

Not as great as I remember the early FlatOut games though, but then memories are often more rosy than reality can really afford. No idea if they were actually as good as I remember them.
According to my memory, this game is pretty much FlatOut. I admit I was hoping it'd be more of an expanded spiritual successor than a simpler '00s-esque remake...like a more polished BeamNG.Drive.

I mean, that's the impression I got from in-development footage like this:

Got this a week or so ago and really enjoy it.

Great game to just have a laugh on and surprising amount of continued enjoyment (still feels fresh each time).

Only gripe is that private servers are limited to 8 players (or oddly 7 cars at the moment). 16 would be nice, particularly for demo derbies.

Amazing game but the best thing about this game is watching the AI crashing, making mistakes and drive like idiots.

I love this aspect so much - If an AI racer takes you out from 1st and you end up midfield, you can easily climb up the field and regain your position. Plus, seeing the AI wipe out in spectacular fashion is always a joy to see! :D

I'm soo interested in Wreckfest 2. I know Wreckfest is still too new to speak about a sequel but still.
I hope the guys at Bugbear will include a very super realistic handling model as a super realistic tire, chassis, brake model and a perfect surface model for the simracers. A simcade model has to included as well.

Wreckfest 2 with AC 'sand ACC's triple monitor feature, VR compatibility and being a sim is all I need as a game. :D

New DLC available: Rusty Rats Car Pack!

Bit of an interesting feature, these new vehicles actually have fully-animated brake lights, for some odd reason.

I can't wait to get home and play this. I'm especially excited about the Rebelrat, since it's a second-gen AMC Javelin, one of my favorite pony cars.

New DLC available: Rusty Rats Car Pack!

Bit of an interesting feature, these new vehicles actually have fully-animated brake lights, for some odd reason.

Thanks for the heads up. I went home for lunch and updated, installed DLC et al. Even upgraded the DLC cars too. Can't wait to race tonight with the guys.

Checking the new DLC last night. Think the vehicle I had the most fun with was the Vandal. Know that with it's horrible corning ability, it's probably only meant for demolition derby's and even against a grid of Class C cars on expert AI, I was nowhere near the front. It was just a blast chucking it around. The other two are great as well. This might just be my favorite DLC pack to date.

Last edited:
Checking the new DLC last night. Think the vehicle I had the most fun with was the Vandal. Know that with it's horrible corning ability, it's probably only meant for demolition derby's and even against a grid of Class C cars on expert AI, I was nowhere near the front. It was just a blast chucking it around. The other two are great as well. This might just be my favorite DLC pack to date.
I agree. I spent about three hours in Multiplayer going back and forth between the three cars and they were all a blast to drive.

Back