Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
The New Speedbird GT in terms of stats is pretty much the same as the normal Speedbird with a max PI of 357, but it has a few bespoke visual parts you can’t have on the normal one like the hood and rear wing, plus the livery options are different too.

For 100K Fame, it’s great if you want a second Speedbird in your collection. 👍

I want a second Speedbird in my collection. Guess I'll be grinding as hard as possible for those fame points.

After downloading the new update it gave the option to upgrade to the new Xbox Series X/S next gen version, (as per PS5), so I paid for it and... absolutely nothing has changed !!???

It doesn't say X/S on the game icon as you would expect. I've restarted my console, I've tried to look for updates and nothing.... ?

Anybody else experiencing this ?

Last edited:
I didn't play this on PS4, but that's probably something that should have came day one with the PS5 version tbh.
I've been playing on two different profiles on PS4 (one Platinum, one about half way through) so yeah, I really don't feel like starting from scratch. At least I can keep going with the other two profiles on the PS4 version while I wait 👍.

Ps: I remember recommending this game to you in another thread about the lack of PS5 racing titles. Glad you like it :)

Ps: I remember recommending this game to you in another thread about the lack of PS5 racing titles. Glad you like it :)
I'm certainly hooked on it. It'll definitely keep me preoccupied until September's new releases.

Wreckfest is one of those rare games that you don't mind starting from the very beginning after switching from a PS4/XBX to PS5/XSX. But this time, you start with purchased cars as well. :D

Except when you go from Xbox One to XS/X you pick up exactly where you left off.

I want a second Speedbird in my collection. Guess I'll be grinding as hard as possible for those fame points.

9361699e-e0dd-453e-a463-d7cd297dc4ef_text.gif

After being 70%+ of the way to the Speedbird GT's 50K fame points & getting said car, Vic is correct. Sure, it's new, but the liveries are less racey to look at. The livery options like rust....a lot. The regular Speedbird is better maxed out. The Speedbird GT has the same power/weight numbers. Go ahead, spend your fame points on the Doom Rig.

PS5/Xbox Series S/X versions and new Tournament Update launched today - Version 2.08 is installing on my PS4 as I type this.

The new tournament update caught me by surprise. Has it really been a month already? :crazy: Even if the Speedbird GT doesn't too much for me. It's nice to see a new car added to the shop. May as well spend those points on something.

Last edited:
I have Wreckfest for PS4 (pro) only. However, after last patch of 2.08 I did notice significant performance improvements with frame rate.
Maybe that was illusion of non demanding track, but 24 cars grid and smooth framerate was something I haven't seen with this game for long time.

Ive been loving this since it came out, however i just played this 2 days ago on my pc at around 60 fps and i don`t think i can go back to the ps4 pro version the difference is unbelievable, I made a little capture of the replay...my mind is blown at how good it is at a higher frame rate.:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Ive been loving this since it came out, however i just played this 2 days ago on my pc at around 60 fps and i don`t think i can go back to the ps4 pro version the difference is unbelievable, I made a little capture of the replay...my mind is blown at how good it is at a higher frame rate.:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I agree, it's a world of difference in this case. A word of warning - after the Xbox Series got their 60fps update, (a few months ago), Bugbear have just released a next gen patch to match the PS5 version, which I paid for and installed a couple of days ago, BIG MISTAKE !! The framerate can no longer hold a solid 60fps and it regularly dips below this. Luckily I managed to get a refund from MS and go back to the perfect version I had before. Also I couldn't really notice much difference visually either. If you care about framerate, DONT DO IT !!!

I thought about buying the PC version after the main career mode on PS4 Pro, just because of a YTer who plays with PC mods. The 60fps is much nicer to watch, even if the 30fps is very good.

Playing today’s DLC daily race which is the Sweeper at Kingston Raceway (I love that little bullring, so much fun) and about six laps in I realized that I was bending at the waist fully 90° to the right, trying to horse that little 4-door around the corners just a little bit faster.

I really hope Wreckfest makes this Love Bus livery available. I love it.

Is that livery from the PC version?
No, it’s on the XBox One. It’s from one of today’s Daily Challenges in the Tournament. It’s not DLC so it should be available to everyone for two more days. This is the second time I’ve seen this livery. There was another Daily Challenge a few days ago that included it. I’m hoping it might show up in the Tournament Store soon.

No, it’s on the XBox One. It’s from one of today’s Daily Challenges in the Tournament. It’s not DLC so it should be available to everyone for two more days. This is the second time I’ve seen this livery. There was another Daily Challenge a few days ago that included it. I’m hoping it might show up in the Tournament Store soon.

It took me until just now to try that challenge & I saw it. It would be nice to have some more liveries for the bus.

I really hope Wreckfest makes this Love Bus livery available. I love it.

It took me until just now to try that challenge & I saw it. It would be nice to have some more liveries for the bus.

On PC its a prize for completing one of the School Bus career events.

Just loaded it up to check, You get the Love Bus paint scheme from this one.
J1ottIi.png

Last edited:
On PC its a prize for completing one of the School Bus career events.

Just loaded it up to check, You get the Love Bus paint scheme from this one.
J1ottIi.png
Thank you. That’s very strange, because I had already completed that one, including the bonus goal of wrecking three other buses, but I never got that reward paint. I redid it and got the paint this time. I wonder how many other career challenges have had rewards added to them? I think I’m going to have to redo the entire career mode to find out.

Thank you. That’s very strange, because I had already completed that one, including the bonus goal of wrecking three other buses, but I never got that reward paint. I redid it and got the paint this time. I wonder how many other career challenges have had rewards added to them? I think I’m going to have to redo the entire career mode to find out.

A quick look through this will show you what you are missing ;)👍 https://wreckfest.fandom.com/wiki/Career

Hopefully a fix for the liveries on the Speedbird GT is a part of that patch. While the original "Next Car Game" livery is cool. It'll be nice to finally have some different options for it.

Back