Next Forza Motorsport Game Revealed, Apparently Isn't Called Forza Motorsport 8

Right but that doesn't mean that market will always exist. Sim racing as a whole has been in decline, as shown by many racers declining in sales. FM has been in decline since Forza 4, so its clear a shake up was needed.
I doubt sim racing is going anywhere anytime soon. At the very absolute bare bone minimum, we still have this Gen, as well as all of next Gen at this point it seems. Doesn’t seem to be as prominent an issue as you’re making it out to be.

Forza Horizon. Not Forza Motorsport. (your first sentence)
Whatever it is T10 needed a shakeup.

However I feel there are other development troubles in the background. T10 have had 3 years and yet they are still working on engine tech and say the game is early in dev. T10 usually have dev cycles of 2 years, yet this FM is looking to take 5 years.

We'll find out soon why. There's that rumour that T10 have been helping 343i with Halo Infinite since that game is in serious trouble.
I’m fairly certain they said some time ago that they’re using extra time this year rather than churning out another release so quickly. Way before any of the recent turn of events even came up.

I'm just picking through the video frame by frame (because Guides), and I'm pretty sure no-one else has spotted this so far...

upload_2020-7-28_14-50-57.png

Need a closer look?

upload_2020-7-28_14-49-43.png

Need a bigger, closer look?

upload_2020-7-28_14-58-5.png

That'll be a Chaparral 2E then.

I'm just picking through the video frame by frame (because Guides), and I'm pretty sure no-one else has spotted this so far...

View attachment 944529

Need a closer look?

View attachment 944528

View attachment 944533

Wow! I definitely didn't see the 2E there at all. You have great eyes @Famine! Awesome spot! :cheers:

Here's hoping we see almost of the cars featured in FM7 and FH4 included back in FM rebooted. Please T10, let's not have another FM5 situation again. :nervous:

Here's hoping we see almost of the cars featured in FM7 and FH4 included back in FM rebooted. Please T10, let's not have another FM5 situation again. :nervous:

We should all remember that Forza isn’t Forza with all these amazing vehicles, especially in Motorsport, no matter how serious or ridiculous the vehicles are.

There is a way to focus more on motorsports for this new Forza without having to sacrifice a good amount of cars, and it’s by overhauling the game modes and certain mechanics.

Am I the only one who thought that screen in the video is in fact the new hub/garage which would confirm we can finally place more than 1 car in it? Perhaps there is some customization there as well? The racers in the back working them screens could be the whole "team" thing, maybe managing a team or something, that Chris Esaki and Dan are seemingly putting alot of emphasis on.

If cars are in fact being re-done, that would be great because, correct me if I'm wrong, but many noticed the same modeling/detail issues with cars in FM7 that were in FM5 or 6, which meant cars were just ported over. I think Forza Horizon 4 corrected some of those issues like with some Toyota cars?

There is a way to focus more on motorsports for this new Forza without having to sacrifice a good amount of cars, and it’s by overhauling the game modes and certain mechanics.
What does working on game modes and mechanics have to do with Car's, and losing some? I'm not seeing a connection at all. So if they overhaul the game modes and game mechanics then they wouldn't have to "sacrifice"(terrible word to use) any Cars? Why?

I'd like to know why Poly can't make nice looking track anymore today? IMO, the tracks look pretty poor in terms of details in GTSport compared to Rio or Prague in Forza. Even tracks in Grid or Project Cars seem to have richer sceneries.

For me, GT is the only racing game where cars look real. And that's something I'd like to see in the next Forza.

The real life circuit tracks in GTS have better detail than Forza 7 and pcars. But the fictional tracks don't look as good. It's more of a man-power thing and I think PD relied too much on procedural generation (which is the future, but was too limited with what PD was trying to do) for certain asset creation in fictional tracks to speed up development without using external developer assistance. It just ended up with a lack of detail that photoscans would give. If they had outsourced assets for Alsace Circuit it wouldn't have ended up looking like how terrible it currently does. Instead it looks like it was made in GT5 course maker.

Last edited:
but many noticed the same modeling/detail issues with cars in FM7 that were in FM5 or 6, which meant cars were just ported over. I think Forza Horizon 4 corrected some of those issues like with some Toyota cars?
Some cars have problems since FM1, afaik. There are hundreds of x360 gen ported cars in FH4 that could be cut from next FM.

We should all remember that Forza isn’t Forza with all these amazing vehicles, especially in Motorsport, no matter how serious or ridiculous the vehicles are.

If it's at least around 400 to 500, I think we should be good. I have this feeling we may lose some cars, but T10 can always include them back again, newly modeled and everything. :)

Since Chris has mentioned T10 found a new tech to model cars and tracks much faster than before, we shouldn't worry too much. I'm just excited which cars will make it into launch. I'm hoping for a balance like in FM1. 👍

I'm not sure the number of cars matters quite as much as how they reach that number.

Competition is important for both motorsports and just automotive stuff in general, so the most important part is that the car list allows us to play with rivalries like Ferrari vs Porsche, Mustang vs Camaro, Viper vs Corvette, WRX vs Evo, and so on. Not just models as well, but preferably in competing trims too.

If they have to trim the car list, then as long as they can make the "Divisions" and eras represented feel cohesive then I think it will be fine overall. There will always be a few people left out whose favorite car didn't make it, but if they just make things a totally random hodgepodge of cars with some gaping holes in the lineups then I think a bigger portion of the community will be disappointed.

Unfortunately for us, this is something T10 has struggled with. FM5 is probably the most glaring example, as they decimated the GT1 lineup we had, leaving only the DBR9 and nothing to race it against. They also added the '69 Boss 302 Mustang for FM5... but for some reason dropped the '69 Camaro Z/28 and kept the '69 Camaro SS instead. Even since then, a lot of DLC has added cars that don't have competitors, and failed to fill in gaps for cars the game shipped with that didn't have competitors.

Of course, it's a video game with a PI system, so I suppose with enough upgrading then technically anything can be a competitor to anything, but from my experience running community events since FM1, people rather enjoy playing out those rivalries. Even if it's not in a racing series, I've seen a lot of people do sorta virtual car reviews and video comparisons where they pit rivals against each other like in the magazines.

I'm not sure the number of cars matters quite as much as how they reach that number.

Competition is important for both motorsports and just automotive stuff in general, so the most important part is that the car list allows us to play with rivalries like Ferrari vs Porsche, Mustang vs Camaro, Viper vs Corvette, WRX vs Evo, and so on. Not just models as well, but preferably in competing trims too.

If they have to trim the car list, then as long as they can make the "Divisions" and eras represented feel cohesive then I think it will be fine overall. There will always be a few people left out whose favorite car didn't make it, but if they just make things a totally random hodgepodge of cars with some gaping holes in the lineups then I think a bigger portion of the community will be disappointed.

Unfortunately for us, this is something T10 has struggled with. FM5 is probably the most glaring example, as they decimated the GT1 lineup we had, leaving only the DBR9 and nothing to race it against. They also added the '69 Boss 302 Mustang for FM5... but for some reason dropped the '69 Camaro Z/28 and kept the '69 Camaro SS instead. Even since then, a lot of DLC has added cars that don't have competitors, and failed to fill in gaps for cars the game shipped with that didn't have competitors.

Of course, it's a video game with a PI system, so I suppose with enough upgrading then technically anything can be a competitor to anything, but from my experience running community events since FM1, people rather enjoy playing out those rivalries. Even if it's not in a racing series, I've seen a lot of people do sorta virtual car reviews and video comparisons where they pit rivals against each other like in the magazines.
Idk i think they overall did a good job with FM7 with the DLC by adding many different competitors in certain divisions but there was also many glaring omissions like lmp900, newer GT cars etc. I also feel like they will trim the car list a bit considering FM7 has over 800 cars, we might see somewhere in the region of 400 at launch.

The real life circuit tracks in GTS have better detail than Forza 7 and pcars. But the fictional tracks don't look as good. It's more of a man-power thing and I think PD relied too much on procedural generation (which is the future, but was too limited with what PD was trying to do) for certain asset creation in fictional tracks to speed up development without using external developer assistance. It just ended up with a lack of detail that photoscans would give. If they had outsourced assets for Alsace Circuit it wouldn't have ended up looking like how terrible it currently does. Instead it looks like it was made in GT5 course maker.
In comparison, over 2000 people and more than 10 studios worked on last of us 2 alone, not even close to PD's workforce. If I were them I would focus on making real life tracks then outsource all the assets on fictional tracks. But then again I don't know much about how game development works. They will never rival the amount of content Forza has if they keep continue doing in-house.

If this is a GaaS then I'd like to see what their revenue model is. And is Horizon moving to something similar.

I'm not opposed to FM moving to what is basically Windows 10 however last gen, with FM5-6-7 we can readily see what money was involved... $60 title with $45 of DLC etc. (roughly) - so how is FM supposed to sustain itself over its 6-7-8 yr life cycle?

I do get that maybe they are frustrated with how a title like FM6, which was well received, died the quickest death once FM7 was out.... and Fm7 is dead now. This cyclic thing is kind of a poor showing... maybe they worked out that a GaaS can make more money that this 2yr cycle thing,

When it comes down to it, its all about the money. They wouldnt do this if it meant less revenue. They aint a charity.

That doesn't mean anything.

Forza Motorsport being a reboot could launch in late 2021 at the earliest. Plus, I imagine T10 must have started work on it somewhere in late 2019 or early 2020 after scrapping the whole project of FM8 I presume. If it's a GaaS title, than 2021 would make a lot of sense. If it's huge, than it would be 2022 but it won't be.

Therefore, 2021 would have to be the target date T10 will plan to hit.
Don't be so sure, mate. You were shouting 2020 not so long ago. It could easily be 2022 or maybe even later than that. We don't know for sure, but I told you before that it's not gonna be 2020 and you were very adamant back then.

Don't be so sure, mate.
Don't be so sure what? To have expectations on a forum that allows it? Just stop it.
You were shouting 2020 not so long ago. It could easily be 2022 or maybe even later than that. We don't know for sure
Exactly. Therefore, it could easily be 2021 too. We just "don't know for sure". But unlike you, I'm going off of what I believe in, and that's 2021. Hope that doesn't effect you in any way. ;)
but I told you before that it's not gonna be 2020 and you were very adamant back then.
That was until T10 confirmed the game was in "early development" genius. My expectations was dead set on 2020, but now things have changed. Right now, my only expectation is the game dropping in 2021, which could make sense "if" the game is a GaaS model for gamepass. But who really knows.

Don't be a wisea$$ with me, bud. ;) :lol:

^ That's met to be taken as a joke. Don't take it literal.

View attachment 944529

Need a closer look?

View attachment 944528

View attachment 944533

Look at the tyre lettering on the Gumpert. ‘Pro DC-1’ is that a real brand? Or are they now making fictional tyre brands to allow us to put lettered tyres on non-racing cars.

Look at the tyre lettering on the Gumpert. ‘Pro DC-1’ is that a real brand? Or are they now making fictional tyre brands to allow us to put lettered tyres on non-racing cars.
I saw someone mention that apart from the Weathertech banner on the track there are no other real word logos in the trailer.
Don't know if that is a design choice or just placeholders as the game is still a ways off and licensing might not be finalized for the real world logos.

T10 themselves have said its early in dev so you're wrong. FM usually takes 2 years to make, hence 2022. 1 year till release is not early in dev.
But what about the cross-gen games? I think those are end
With the game going back to it's roots, it would be great if Lance Hayes came back for the soundtrack.
It's confirmed that Kaveh Cohen and Michael Nielsen are returning to compose the OST for Forza Motorsport. They're possibly going back to the FM6-style music.

There’s been a few fictional brands in the FM franchise since FM6, this is one of them. While some people don’t care in the slightest, it’s a shame there aren’t as many real world brands featured in racing games anymore. Most tracks in FM7 just have Forza, Xbox or Microsoft branding, apart from when they’ve kept the tracks original signage. Even GTs tracks now feature many fictional brands. A very small thing to some, but the real world brands add some legitimacy to it for me personally.

With the game going back to it's roots, it would be great if Lance Hayes came back for the soundtrack.
Oh yes please, cause I’m tired of the weak music that puts you to sleep, as well as boring and unenthusiastic rock.

There’s been a few fictional brands in the FM franchise since FM6, this is one of them. While some people don’t care in the slightest, it’s a shame there aren’t as many real world brands featured in racing games anymore. Most tracks in FM7 just have Forza, Xbox or Microsoft branding, apart from when they’ve kept the tracks original signage. Even GTs tracks now feature many fictional brands. A very small thing to some, but the real world brands add some legitimacy to it for me personally.
True, but as we all know, licensing for anything can be a pain in the behind at times.

Νo way its coming out in 2022. Definetely 2021

And are we sure that the game is actually in early development? Maybe thats just a lie and they are in an advanced stage bc it isnt possible for a game which started being developed in March 2019 to be now in early development. Also some rumors claim its on production since late 2018.

I swear, I have something telling me Forza Motorsport is far into development than what T10 wants us to think. There's just no way the new Forza Motorsport is in "early development".

So much to think about! :crazy:
Yeah, I'm not sure how the game is in early development, either. The articles on the site back in Aug 2019 said from Esaki, that they entered the second sprint where they talk about their development plan. In Dec. 2019, Esaki said they took part in the first play test. Before Covid, there was an article discussing that we may catch our first glimpse of the game showing off some new tech. Now near a year later after that initial August article discussing said second sprint, we're still in early development?

Unless this focus to take the motorsport more serious came recently & they've sort of started over.

Yeah, I'm not sure how the game is in early development, either. The articles on the site back in Aug 2019 said from Esaki, that they entered the second sprint where they talk about their development plan. In Dec. 2019, Esaki said they took part in the first play test. Before Covid, there was an article discussing that we may catch our first glimpse of the game showing off some new tech. Now near a year later after that initial August article discussing said second sprint, we're still in early development?

Unless this focus to take the motorsport more serious came recently & they've sort of started over.
Yeah, that's what I think too. It would be a shame if that were true, because they were so quiet for half this year, making us expect FM (not 8 now) will release this year only to say "early in development". There has to be more to it though, or maybe I'm just curious of what's going on behind the scenes.

I don't know how long T10 expects Forza Horizon 4 to keep us engaged. I mean, I will still play it for the cars, the new content, everything it has to offer. It's just T10 has really put PG on a spot where they HAVE to keep updating FH4 until FM is ready (hopefully next year).

Yeah, that's what I think too. It would be a shame if that were true, because they were so quiet for half this year, making us expect FM (not 8 now) will release this year only to say "early in development". There has to be more to it though, or maybe I'm just curious of what's going on behind the scenes.

I don't know how long T10 expects Forza Horizon 4 to keep us engaged. I mean, I will still play it for the cars, the new content, everything it has to offer. It's just T10 has really put PG on a spot where they HAVE to keep updating FH4 until FM is ready (hopefully next year).
I thought I read once that PG would be treating FH4 similar to recent news about this FM title in that they wanted to keep updating it long term. If that's the case, the game only turns 2 next month (which is the age Motorsport 7 was at when they finally moved on) & if a long term support system is the plan, I could see them making Horizon push forth another year or so.

Back