Toyota Supra (A90)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 2,724 comments
If this brochure catalog information is legit, some crucial details about the Supra may have been leaked
2018-toyota-supra-brochure-not-confirmed.jpg

Dimensions & Weight:
  • Length: 4380mm (Think Aston Martin V8 Vantage)
  • Width: 1830mm
  • Height: 1280mm
  • Wheelbase: 2470mm
  • Weight: Between 1,350kg and 1,430kg depending on spec

Engine options:
  • 2.0L Turbocharged Inline-4 (192hp & 252hp)
  • 3.0L Turbocharged Inline-6 (340hp)
Other notes:
  • Launched under Gazoo Racing (GR) Branding
  • Available with 18" and 19" wheel options
  • This is essentially a coupe version of the BMW Z5

Last edited:
If this brochure is legit, some crucial details about the Supra may have been leaked
2018-toyota-supra-brochure-not-confirmed.jpg

Dimensions & Weight:
  • Length: 4380mm (Think Aston Martin V8 Vantage)
  • Width: 1830mm
  • Height: 1280mm
  • Wheelbase: 2470mm
  • Weight: Between 1,350kg and 1,430kg depending on spec

Engine options:
  • 2.0L Turbocharged Inline-4 (192hp & 252hp)
  • 3.0L Turbocharged Inline-6 (340hp)
Other notes:
  • Launched under Gazoo Racing (GR) Branding
  • Available with 18" and 19" wheel options
  • This is essentially a coupe version of the BMW Z5
It's not a brochure. It's a scoop catalog from a Japanese magazine Holiday Auto

http://www.motormagazine.co.jp/shop/products/detail.php?product_id=799

02081039_589a76d2f17a8.jpg

Who cares about power, if I can actually afford one, it's bound to have more power than my MR2 and my AE86 combined! Man I'm stoked for this thing!

Even if it isn't super powerful from the start, you can bet there's gonna be a big tuning scene for it too. Look how fast the FR-S blew up when it went on sale. It's been like THE tuner car since it released.

Exactly. The MKII had 165hp, NA MKIII 200hp, NA MKIV 222hp(I think the same as the NA 300ZX). I feel that's fantastic. Should undercut the Mustang over here.

So there's gonna be a 2.0, 3.0 and Hybrid versions.

02081039_589a76d2f17a8.jpg

I hope that's a image of the Final and not just the FT-1, as I'm highly disappointed with the Test Mule design.

A 200hp option seems strange given the GT86...

I like the way Toyota is going. First the GT86, now the S-FR is on its way, and the Supra looks to be going in a great direction as well. They're back into rallying and endurance racing.

BIG difference compared to 10 years ago...

A 200hp option seems strange given the GT86...

I like the way Toyota is going. First the GT86, now the S-FR is on its way, and the Supra looks to be going in a great direction as well. They're back into rallying and endurance racing.

BIG difference compared to 10 years ago...

Eh, the only difference I see is the cars they're building, and trying to be interesting like they once were rather than boring like they had been after they cut their final sports car or sportish cars. Not understanding the Motorsports aspect, because ten years ago they were in every major form of open wheel racing and NASCAR (still are on that one). Despite being in Motorsports it was Lexus that got more treatment somewhat with sports like cars while Toyota became the number 1 selling brand of boring.

The 86 is still on eco tyres. No doubt the 200hp Supra will be more dynamic and have more accoutrements(leather option, blindspot stuff, etc.) over the 86.

The weight is also interesting. 100kg(I guess for a base model) more han an 86 with better tyres and suspension. Even though it seems to be in a class of one(here in Australia), it'll be a hot seller versus a 370Z and maybe the MX-5 RF. Nice way to step up from the 86.

Last edited:
A 1300-1400kg kerbweight leads me to speculate that it'll either be aluminium construction or a mix of steel with BMW's carbon composites, especially if a hybrid powertrain is planned.

I don't think the specs are real, it says "nanchatte" which means just kidding in Japanese.

Here the inside of the catolog
46744_1486819856.jpg

Its fake, not a single frontal shot of the vehicle, which is arguable the most changed feature from FT1 is nowhere to be seen.

Old post, but:

Never have I heard this about the A70.

Most every time the A70 was tested in North America when it was new, the underlying message was the thing was a pig. I posted review excerpts to that effect a few pages ago. It wouldn't surprise me if the "Supra community" demonized the thing even further from there.

Most every time the A70 was tested in North America when it was new, the underlying message was the thing was a pig. I posted review excerpts to that effect a few pages ago. It wouldn't surprise me if the "Supra community" demonized the thing even further from there.
It was called the "Slopra" back in the day.

It definitely looks like an evolution of the 4th Gen, but considering those styling cues are 25 years old, I'm not sure that's a good thing. It's a shame, because the FT-1 looked fairly sensational.

Man, the GT-86 has a better design than that?

Is this for real, its such a downgrade and looks dated already.

EDIT:

I'll try making a render out of it...

So the Supra and Z5 will be like brother and sister.

2018-bmw-z5-spy-shots-image-png.871

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back