Toyota Supra (A90)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 2,724 comments
I really hope this car ends up with multiple trim levels and not just some gazzilion-hp monster that costs more than $60k. Would love to see an entry level model priced from $30k with somewhere around 300hp. Like the 370z but from this decade/century/millenia...

Also, is there any hope of this thing being a 2+2?

I really hope this car ends up with multiple trim levels and not just some gazzilion-hp monster that costs more than $60k. Would love to see an entry level model priced from $30k with somewhere around 300hp. Like the 370z but from this decade/century/millenia...

I doubt it, since it's going to share platforms with the BMW Z series.

Wasn't it supposed to have 2 engines? A 2L 4 cyl and a 3L 6cyl? Or was that never confirmed?

Wasn't it supposed to have 2 engines? A 2L 4 cyl and a 3L 6cyl? Or was that never confirmed?

Prototypes have been caught on camera with 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder engine sounds, it's almost certain that at least two variants will be available.

Don't expect anything less than low $40k for base because anything lower will clash with 86 and maybe even top end Camry sales.

Why would this even remotely conflict with a Camry, a small cramped sports car with high performance and a 4 door family car.

Yeah, I guess not this one. However, the Vitz(Yaris) and 86 GRMN models appear Japan only.

Yeah some of them will obviously be Japan exclusive usually performance editions end up like this on niche versions. But the Supra was always stated to be a international release so, it's only natural Gazoo be involved.

I see "Gazoo" and picture Hunter S. Thompson gnashing on the tip of a kazoo instead of a cigarette.

Edit: When did the topic change to the Supra from that race car that looks like Snoopy?

The Yaris GRMN will be available in all of Europe, but in very limited numbers and with a horrendous price tag.

VXR
The Yaris GRMN is definitely coming to the UK, so not just JDM only.
Just had a look. It appears Japan Germany and France with 100 units per country. There was also a 5 door tested(possibly for other markets) earlier in 2017. Good to know. 👍

Edit: Posted an article from Jan 10, in the appropriate thread.

Last edited:

toyotausa_1713425956432827820_270957561~2.jpg

Back