Toyota Supra (A90)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 2,724 comments
At long last, some of the fake panels have been removed and we get a better glimpse of the styling, including the side vents!

https://www.motor1.com/news/233439/toyota-supra-spied-less-camouflage/

2018-toyota-supra-spy-photo-with-less-camo.jpg

2018-toyota-supra-spy-photo-with-less-camo.jpg

Hey, I don't notice the FT-1 styled nose so much in that picture. I guess Toyota altered it, which is good; the nose was one of my only styling issues on the FT-1.

Looks pretty much the same as the leaked images from a few days back. I guess there we have it: The Wrong Supra.

adb
Why the side vents though? Front engine, not really an aero car, so why? Maybe it's a dummy? or a panel gap

Cooling? Family resemblance, since the last Supra had 'em too?

I imagine this car will serve as the basis for a lot of motorsports entries, so that might play a(n admittedly small) part in it, too.

I don't know Japanese but just having these images in a magazine and claiming they are real seems like a big deal in that it can defame the image of the actual company (intended or not). Isn't it like false advertising? Are they doing that or does the Japanese text explain this is what they think it will look like?

adb
Why the side vents though? Front engine, not really an aero car, so why? Maybe it's a dummy? or a panel gap

As i think i pointed out earlier in this thread when the first test mules were spied. They had no vents so it's unlikely that they serve much purpose. Other than a visual link to the previous Supra, as @SlipZtrEm pointed out.

Seems a bit out of it's league to be racing against Ford GT's and Corvettes.

I find it hard to say if that's the case or not, and not knowing what year this car is slated for race wise, it may come during a GTE rule shift. Also we've only heard suggested ideas of what will power the road version. Since it is GTE and since they can use waivers, if need be, or use an engine in their fleet that isn't purely based on the road car alone they could easily have a fighter of a car. Probably in the same vein of thought as Porsche RSRs

The car may be styled like a GT3 / GTE but it is nothing more than a concept along the lines of the Lexus IS Racing Concept. That comes from somebody very much in the know.
To add, aren't most Gazoo race cars, pretty much one-offs? As in, the Nurburgring cars(LFA, RC F, CH-R).

Back