MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I should also remind everyone that your finishing positions for this race will be your starting position for next months 2.4hr at La Mans.

This will allows us to use the time that's normally for qualifying for racing instead so the 2.4hr race will still end at the normal time on that day.

So the racing tomorrow will probably be a little more intense as people try to secure a good starting position for the next race.

We also have a returning player joining us for tomorrow's race that's sure to give the leaders a good battle all race long.

I’m not sure my starting position will be too important in the trophy :lol:, I expect to be in last after the first straight!

I’d hazard a guess at @Alpha Cipher making a return?

Ha ha, our cars straight line speed is not their strong point, at least we’ll be good through the Porsche curves :lol:

I will be right there with you guys as my car gets eaten up on those long straights.

I should also remind everyone that your finishing positions for this race will be your starting position for next months 2.4hr at La Mans.

This will allows us to use the time that's normally for qualifying for racing instead so the 2.4hr race will still end at the normal time on that day.

So the racing tomorrow will probably be a little more intense as people try to secure a good starting position for the next race.

We also have a returning player joining us for tomorrow's race that's sure to give the leaders a good battle all race long.
You're really using this race as qualifying for Sarthe. That's amusing being that the two tracks are nothing a like. Will you allow a short warm up session before the Sarthe race.

You're really using this race as qualifying for Sarthe. That's amusing being that the two tracks are nothing a like. Will you allow a short warm up session before the Sarthe race.

I will open the lobby up 30 minutes earlier than normal but that's about it. I can't give away everything about the Sarthe race but no there will be no qualifying. We need that time for racing.

I will open the lobby up 30 minutes earlier than normal but that's about it. I can't give away everything about the Sarthe race but no there will be no qualifying. We need that time for racing.
You could have us qualify the week before. The just a short warm session on race day. A lot of your real life big event races do have special qualifying procedures.

Qualifying usually is pretty useless in a 2,5 hours endurance with <16 drivers.

After 1 lap you can go wherever you want. There is all the space you need if you are faster than the outcome of the last race.

So I dont see no point in focussing on the qualify so agree with Rinskies approach.

Qualifying usually is pretty useless in a 2,5 hours endurance with <16 drivers.

After 1 lap you can go wherever you want. There is all the space you need if you are faster than the outcome of the last race.

So I dont see no point in focussing on the qualify so agree with Rinskies approach.
1. I want to prevent a messy start. The Big Willow and Sarthe are kind of opposite race tracks. Which could lead to people getting ran over at the start.
2. Where you Qualify can matter very much for any race. Were you not here for the Brazil race. I honestly finished that race higher than should of because of were I started.

1. I want to prevent a messy start. The Big Willow and Sarthe are kind of opposite race tracks. Which could lead to people getting ran over at the start.
2. Where you Qualify can matter very much for any race. Were you not here for the Brazil race. I honestly finished that race higher than should of because of were I started.

If everyone remembers that it is a 2.5 hour race I dont understand why it would be messy. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to try to win on the first few corners. I suppose the one thing I can agree on is if damage is on, someones race could be over at T1 due to the length of the track, just like real racing I suppose. But that can also happen if we have 5 hours of practice and qualifying.

I know the importance of qualifying but in this race it really won't matter.
I look for @Sheldonsuckz to be in the lead before we reach the Porsche curves even if I started him last because the Bugatti is just that dominant of a car here.
If I started first in the Porsche I would quickly fall back on the first lap going down those long straights as my car just can't keep up on all out speed.
So the running order will sort itself out very quickly no matter where you start. Everyone should settle in quickly and be matched up with others around their speed within the first few laps. From there pit strategies and teaming up with a draft partner will be the only ways to gain some ground.

I know the importance of qualifying but in this race it really won't matter.
I look for @Sheldonsuckz to be in the lead before we reach the Porsche curves even if I started him last because the Bugatti is just that dominant of a car here.
If I started first in the Porsche I would quickly fall back on the first lap going down those long straights as my car just can't keep up on all out speed.
So the running order will sort itself out very quickly no matter where you start. Everyone should settle in quickly and be matched up with others around their speed within the first few laps. From there pit strategies and teaming up with a draft partner will be the only ways to gain some ground.

And if damage is on dont hit anyone

I'm back I think I will race tonight

Welcome back. I will add you in once you select a car. Here is the list.

Available Gr.4 cars

GTR
BMW
Scirocco
Megane
Lancer
Subaru
4C
Mercedes
Jaguar
Audi
Ferrari

Apologies, but i simply cannot find where the settings for tonights race was posted.
1st post still shows the last track info @ dragontail gardens.

What time of day?
Fuel/tyre?

Thanks. Im sure you posted it somewhere, but i missed it.

Apologies, but i simply cannot find where the settings for tonights race was posted.
1st post still shows the last track info @ dragontail gardens.

What time of day?
Fuel/tyre?

Thanks. Im sure you posted it somewhere, but i missed it.

Most of it was still correct. Time of day is the default setting.

1.5 hour endurance race
45 minute Practice/Qualifying session
Track: Willow Springs
In game track time: 8:20
Fastest First set by host
Class Gr4 BOP on with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Fuel X3 & Tire wear X2
No assist but ABS
Damage on Heavy
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
All penalties set on Strong
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off
Grid Starts

Last edited:
For those who have already gone back an hour for winter this race is an hour earlier than normal for you.

Our time doesn't change until tomorrow.

For those who have already gone back an hour for winter this race is an hour earlier than normal for you.

So it's an early race for those folks on the other side of the big pond!!!

Latest Posts

Back