Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do respect the fact that PD have given us oodles of free content since release to significantly boost the game, but their lack of communication of their intentions is deeply frustrating. Considering it has now been 5 weeks since the last update and still we are no wiser on what is coming next, it shows a pretty apathetic attitude towards their userbase. They really do need to get with the times and start sharing their plans with us a bit more, it's 2019 for goodness sake!

Consider also that in that time Forza 4 has continued to get weekly updates (albeit paid DLC) that is heavily advertised and promoted, this is a bit frustrating tbh for somebody that has no interest in owning an Xbox or a top-end gaming PC.

Also, the next update must have a decent track, the last two have been B-Sides at best!

SLR, Supra, Miata, McLaren F1 GTR, not sure about the 5th car. Tall mirrors on it though.

I do respect the fact that PD have given us oodles of free content since release to significantly boost the game, but their lack of communication of their intentions is deeply frustrating. Considering it has now been 5 weeks since the last update and still we are no wiser on what is coming next, it shows a pretty apathetic attitude towards their userbase. They really do need to get with the times and start sharing their plans with us a bit more, it's 2019 for goodness sake!

Consider also that in that time Forza 4 has continued to get weekly updates (albeit paid DLC) that is heavily advertised and promoted, this is a bit frustrating tbh for somebody that has no interest in owning an Xbox or a top-end gaming PC.

Also, the next update must have a decent track, the last two have been B-Sides at best!
Impeccable timing on that rant.

Enhanced a bit. I'm always down for another McLaren.
33309248748_fd7e911e30_o.jpg

Come on @Famine why isn't the news post up yet... :P:lol:

More seriously, 5 cars seems light to me compared with all but one month in 2018 (and the first month post release). But let's see what else is included in the update. I wonder if anything is being saved for reveal at the Paris event.

5 cars but all of them are top notch in my eyes.

My guesses from top left to bottom right:
  • Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09
  • Toyota GR Supra '20 (Called it, lads :sly:)
  • Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89
  • McLaren F1 GTR (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) '95
  • Pagani Huayra '13

Five weeks is "Apathetic"? Dude, they've been putting out regular updates, and there's clear intention to support more FIA series and keep the interest in the game going, updates aren't going anywhere for a while. There has been no set-in-stone, on the dot "monthly" schedule, and they don't need to outline one at all. Their intentions have always been clear - they'll be supporting GT Sport with content (i.e. the 400-500 total cars comment) over the course of it's life, and content will come when it comes. How would we have benefitted from knowing what content we'd have gotten if we knew 6-12 months in advance? It's literally just been assortments of cars and tracks, and a minor expansion to the suit/helmet livery editor. Knowing specifically what assortments of cars and track(s) they'd be adding ahead of time wouldn't change what they'd have already planned to add.

@Fosterions you can watch this thread again now :lol:.

First thing to do for me 5 March will be the Supra on the mid tier league events (J Sports and the real track events) @05XR8

Haven't run the MX5 league events for a while, so that'll be the second thing to do 5 March. Should be some good liveries available for it too 👍

Do we think the Huayayayayra will be GRX :nervous:, assuming it IS the Huayayayayra (mirrors look right to me).

I've been predicting that SLR and Miata for ages, of course they come in one of the months that I don't throw out a prediction post! Glad I can scratch them off the list.

I spy the new Supra as well, I think we all saw that one coming. Not as clear on the bottom row. Right has hints of Huayra, wouldn't be surprising given it's popularity and model quality in GT6 (if it is the Huayra I'm surprised it wasn't the first Pagani to arrive). Bottom left has hints of McLaren, perhaps the F1 GTR? If so it'd be nice if it fits somewhere in one of the racing categories, we haven't had all that many additions in that area of there game thus far.

I'm surprised that there's only five cars, by far the smallest update since the very first taster pack of three. Though, I can't see a lot of complaints with any of the offerings.

My main irk with road cars is that they aren't adequately used in sport mode.

If this update breaks down all the road cars in the game (plus these four + GTR) into subcategories that are seen in GT League for sport mode, and adequately balances their performance, it would be a great update.

Also, I hope if it is the F1 GTR, that it is the Le Mans winner. Because that was sponsored by a Japanese Penis Enlargement company, and seeing that in GT would be hilarious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back