Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my eyesight is bad, but my mind keeps telling me the bottom right car is a Jaguar XJ220.

EDIT: Saw the enhanced pic on the previous page, it's a Huayra, 100% sure of it now.

Good thing because this came could do with more Paganis, and I hate when they make bring car manufacturers to the game only to have one car of it.

I'm not really good at this, so not going to draw any conclusions.
McLaren F1 GTR Le Mans qualifying time - 3:57.180
2016 fastest LMGTE Pro time - 3:51.185
2016 slowest LMGTE Pro time - 3:57.967

I wonder what group the F1 GTR is gonna be placed in, given that it was, in effect, a GT1 racer? It could provide insight as to where other GT1 cars (e.g. Nissan R390, CLK-GTR, Esperante GTR-1) would be placed. Hopefully if they get placed in Gr.X, then it’s only so that they can be placed in a new group to be implemented later.

The weight problem is easily solved by aggressive BoP. 122% puts it on 1,281kg, the exact weight of the Alfa 4C under current Group 3 BoP. Understand that Group 2 is strictly reserved for cars that competed in the Japanese Super GT series. Since the last thing we want is for another car to end up in the dreaded Group X graveyard, a large amount of ballast is the only option left. Because you can't buff this car to Group 1 standard (if it was the longtail then maybe).

The F1 GTR was a regular on the JGTC/Super GT grid in the late 90s and early 00s, making its last appearance on track in 2005. Personally I'm expecting it to go in Gr. 3 due to its specs but there is a historical basis for its inclusion in Gr. 2.
Lark-McLaren-1996-JGTC-8.jpg

I feel like the only other time we got a small car list we got another dlc at the end of the same month or it was with a gokd amount of other things. My memory is not so great ....

My disappoint is only for the low number of cars, I hope they have used the more time for other good things (proper refined track).

IR

I'm not really good at this, so not going to draw any conclusions.
McLaren F1 GTR Le Mans qualifying time - 3:57.180
2016 fastest LMGTE Pro time - 3:51.185
2016 slowest LMGTE Pro time - 3:57.967
Not sure if 1995 was a wet qualifying, but the F1 qualified 3:48 in 1996. Still, the RSR put out a 3:47 in 2018.

The current Gr. 2 cars are about as fast as the LMP2 class, so we are talking roughly 3:30.

It's certainly difficult to take Le Mans times as a comparison as this track has such special characteristics. But I think it's clear that the F1 would fit better into Gr. 3 than Gr. 2.

Still a bit dull to talk F1 GTR classifications while the current GT LM cars are largely neglected.

No Feb content update, only 5 cars in the March update. Let the moaning commence! :lol:

I won't moan, but it might be an indication the releases are catching up with the content they can output. If I had to guess, I'd say they had a safety net of ready to go stuff and it's starting to run out. I suppose they also have to keep some stuff for whenever the next game releases.

Well, I can't really complain as I'm happy with what they 've given us so far, I always found the rate they were giving us content unsustainable when compared to the previous games.

Then again, I could be wrong and this was just a freak occurrence. We' ll know the next couple of months I suppose.

Was hoping for a NC Miata, but a NA will do just fine. Don't care about the other four though.

The F1 GTR was a regular on the JGTC/Super GT grid in the late 90s and early 00s, making its last appearance on track in 2005. Personally I'm expecting it to go in Gr. 3 due to its specs but there is a historical basis for its inclusion in Gr. 2.
Lark-McLaren-1996-JGTC-8.jpg
A nineties GT500 car like you've shown is much closer to GT3 spec.

@Fosterions you can watch this thread again now :lol:

Sigh. Yeah. 10 more days or less. As soon as I get Spa I’ll probably stop watching these threads and blissfully drive around Spa. In the rain! :lol: Then it’ll be threads like “help me be faster at Spa!:nervous:” And so, it’s ten-ish days away. Makes me think/hope it’s substantial with that huge gap from tease of five cars to release.

Since I wasn’t a GT6 player I need to guess, but my guess is, other than the Supra, these all appeared in the previous game? It’d be nice to get some newer cars, cars that aren’t exactly new. 918 for example. Anyway, for me, other than a pile of Porsches that are a long shot, there’s enough cars in the game for me. It’s tracks and activities I want.

It looks like we’re going to get some Gr X additions. Hopefully there’s a campaign event that collects them in a meaningful way. Anyway, they all make sense as additions and I’ll probably pick em all up and give em all a spin.

And just a response to the discussion on the first page I would vastly prefer a release map. Even if there’s a delay like there is with AC Comp, that’s fine, at least we know.

My disappoint is only for the low number of cars, I hope they have used the more time for other good things (proper refined track).

IR
Guys working on tracks # guys working on cars.

EDIT:

Ok, you meant the time in general. Yeah, lets hope so. Maybe two tracks?

Why is the new Supra getting so much hate???

Are people too blinded by Nostalgia??

It is a neat car it may not live up to its predecessor but its the kind of car Toyota needs right now especially how they have been doing boring cars for a couple of years now.

I won't moan, but it might be an indication the releases are catching up with the content they can output. If I had to guess, I'd say they had a safety net of ready to go stuff and it's starting to run out. I suppose they also have to keep some stuff for whenever the next game releases.

I'm not saying you're wrong but if this was the case, and it very well maybe, then a release of a "GT7" or subsequent title would be YEARS in the making. YEARS, if they have nothing new to add to the pot.

yessss the Huayra finally, and GT1 class coming to GT Sport?

i think this is could be the price and the category from each car:

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (19inch Wheel Option) '09: N600/$600.000
Toyota GR Supra '19: N400/$60.000
Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89: N100/$20.000
Pagani Huayra '13: N700/$1.400.000
McLaren F1 GTR - BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) '95: GR.3,GR.2,GR.1,GR.X/$1.800.000
the problem with the F1 GTR is, is slower in GR.1 class, maybe fit in GR.2 or GR.3 but is a GT1 car, so if the others GT1 cars coming too (R390, GTONE, CLK GTR, Esperante) they are much faster than GR.3 and GR.2 classes

Last edited:
Why is the new Supra getting so much hate???

Are people too blinded by Nostalgia??

It is a neat car it may not live up to its predecessor but its the kind of car Toyota needs right now especially how they have been doing boring cars for a couple of years now.

The main issue people have with the new Supra is that it looks more like a badly modified GT86 compared to the low and sleek FT-1 concept.
toyota-ft-1-concept-4.jpg

01_14.jpg

The main issue people have with the new Supra is that it looks more like a badly modified GT86 compared to the low and sleek FT-1 concept.
toyota-ft-1-concept-4.jpg

01_14.jpg
Yeah but one's in Group X and one is not so who's laughing now

"Production car doesn't look like out-there concept of half a decade prior" is the sort of news I expect to see alongside the sky being blue. :P

The excitement of seeing the production Supra in a game remains tempered by the continued appearance of PD/Toyota aping EA/Porsche. Everything else is stuff I expected to be in the game anyway. That said... finally, an NA! I know what I'll be driving first. :D

Nice batch of cars! I can't wait to try out the SLR McLaren and the Eunos Roadster!
Is this the first content update to not feature classic cars? (I'm talking cars '79 and older. I know the Eunos is a modern classic.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back